TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2005, 02:03 PM   #271
ccwf
国際化 Member

Added DreamBox DM500. I assume for now that TiVo has added support for the DM500 free-to-air satellite receiver, not the DM500C cable box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

中日韓
ccwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:08 AM   #272
dgcccom

Westinghouse LTV-32W1

Hey there. I have gotten code 0067 to work with the volume, but I can't find anything that controls the power on my Westinghouse LTV-32W1.

Any help would be appreciated.
dgcccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #273
Carmine782

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwf

[/size][*]Motorola DCT5100:[size=1]

NowPlaying recommends 10006-Medium, 3 digit, and Enter Key: Yes.

opchiasm recommends 10042-Fast, 3 digit, and Enter Key: No.

mdscott recommends 10006-Fast and Enter Key: Yes with the IR blaster aligned “just a bit to the inside of the left edge of the plastic on the front of the 5100.”

Mike20878 writes that 10042-Slow and Enter Key: Yes “does not produce a black screen on channel changes”.

Syzygy recommends 10006-Slow, 3 digit, and Enter Key: No.

hathaway65 reports that the same or similar flickering and/or color problems as have been commonly reported for the DCT6200 below also affect a small number of DCT5100's and that the DCT6200 workaround also works for DCT5100's. See the DCT6200 section below for more details.

As indicated by the flickering issue a small number of DCT5100 owners have experienced, progressive output may work better than interlaced with certain boxes.

[/img][/color][/url]

Does Anyone know if a Motorola DCT 6412 Will Work?? Thats the model # of my box from comast. it already has a DVR built in.. will this interfere , i still want to use TIVO, instad of the comcast DVR..i probaly will only use the comast dvr when i want to record in HDTV.

If it doenst work i can get the DCT5100 Model from comcast which doenst have a dvr.
Can anyone explain in more detail what the information above means.

Write back
THanks!
Carmine.
Carmine782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 PM   #274
carlkrebs

Dish 510... Not sure if this is the right method for posting, but does anyone know the codes for a Dish 510?
carlkrebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #275
WillRegister

Sony-B65A - Directv Reciever + Series 2

Hi

Struggled to get this working but now here it is!

IR Cable - No other choice
Sony
Enter Key - No
Code 10051-Medium (or Slow even)

Seemed better this morning after the Series 2 had downloaded and sorted all of the initial data. I have also found that being patient helps when testing the code, let the channel load before changing to the next one!

WillRegister

EDIT - After 24 hours this no longer works, resetting it lasts for less than 24 hours
The solution - Directv offered a new box for postage only, Yeah!

Last edited by WillRegister : 01-08-2006 at 07:49 AM.
WillRegister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #276
gradys

Help! Unsupported Sat FTA box

I have Tivo series 2 with Satellite using IR blasters.~

Newbie.

I have a Mvidea FS4000 FTA receiver. I cannot find compatible Satellite receiver to make channel changing work. This receiver is new, it has a serial port in the back but I think is for firmware upgrades only. The only info I have is this website: deovisiontech com . How do I get the IR codes for this receiver. How do I get the codes to my tivo box. I am kind of frustrated. Any help is appreciated. Also, pointing me to the right thread is greatly appreciated.
-g
gradys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:34 PM   #277
annenoe
He's a Smooth Fox

Apg??

I see this a lot in this thread. Can someone tell me what it means when the note says to use APG? (I know it has something to do with Advanced Program Guide but don't understand what that means when setting up RCA boxes).

thanks
Yamaha HTR5860 A/V receiver
Samsung 56" DLP & 40" LCD
DirecTV w/ 5 LNB Dish
CM 4220 rooftop antenna
Harmony 880
annenoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:03 PM   #278
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

This is a choice the user must make in pre-7.2 SW when setting up serial control. In 7.2 we integrated the serial setup to look for this automatically.

TiVoJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:05 PM   #279
classicsat
Astute User

Quote:
Originally Posted by annenoe
I see this a lot in this thread. Can someone tell me what it means when the note says to use APG? (I know it has something to do with Advanced Program Guide but don't understand what that means when setting up RCA boxes).

thanks
It is a setting that has something to do with the serial port protocol.

TMK DirecTV receivers that support seial channel changing will use either MPG or APG protocol.
classicsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #280
bmakins

Dish ViP-211 (single tuner, IR only remote)

Recently upgraded our dish receiver to a VIP-211, which has MPEG4 support. This is a single tuner receiver; the remote is IR only, no UHF. None of the posted Echostar codes work.

Has anybody had any luck with this receiver.
bmakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #281
greg_burns
Now in HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmakins
Recently upgraded our dish receiver to a VIP-211, which has MPEG4 support. This is a single tuner receiver; the remote is IR only, no UHF. None of the posted Echostar codes work.

Has anybody had any luck with this receiver.
I was thinking of making this upgrade myself. Any success?

Edit: Or maybe not...

http://www.cnet.com/5420-7874_1-0.ht...hreadID=157895

Quote:
DISHNETWORK CAUTION! NO VONAGE SUPPORT!
Posted by jroy (See profile) - February 21, 2006 4:01 PM PST

The older Dish Network HD 942 DVR Does NOT support Vonage VoIP service for DVR updates or ordering PPV movies. So it will cost you an additional 4.99 per month if you do not have an analogue phone line to plug the receiver into because dish cannot "see" the receiver. What is totally lame is they claim to be "Hi Tech" and supposedly "see the future" but their newest MPEG4 receiver coming out (VIP622) still Does Not support Vonage. The worst part is is when you ask them, they are very rude in their response and are adamant about refusing to forgo the 4.99. So since you do not have a analoguw phone line, you cannot order PPV's either. You have do it over the web, (really weak) or call them and speak to someone to order in which will also cost you an additional fee. Some lame TOTALLY dropped the ball on this one.
My ancient Dish 4900 hasn't been plugged into a phone line for eons and it has latest software update. I also don't get charged $4.99 for not having it plugged-in. Is this guy BS'ing me?

Last edited by greg_burns : 03-29-2006 at 05:05 PM.
greg_burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:21 PM   #282
ashu
User title defunct

Greg, how does your quote relate to the 211's ability to play nicely with standalone TiVos?

That said, I'm waiting for a response/confirmation too. The folks on dbstalk (sister forum of this forums parent forum) pretty much brushed off my queries. AFAIConcerned, if the 211 doesn't do TiVo IR or Serial channel changing, then I'm off to DTV (or Cable) ... assuming their HD devices work with the TiVo. Fortunately I have no contract with Dish.

I'm off to check the satellite sub-sections here ...

(Too many TiVos!)

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo!
So little time! So much to know!
ashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:39 PM   #283
greg_burns
Now in HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu
Greg, how does your quote relate to the 211's ability to play nicely with standalone TiVos?

That said, I'm waiting for a response/confirmation too. The folks on dbstalk (sister forum of this forums parent forum) pretty much brushed off my queries. AFAIConcerned, if the 211 doesn't do TiVo IR or Serial channel changing, then I'm off to DTV (or Cable) ... assuming their HD devices work with the TiVo. Fortunately I have no contract with Dish.

I'm off to check the satellite sub-sections here ...
Sorry, the quote was just in reference to the new Dish MPEG4 receivers (I assuming this includes the 211) requiring a regular POTS phone line. I have VOIP via Lingo and that's a show stopper for me. Very lame.

Bring on the S3 and I'll finally cave into Comcast.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #284
smstevens88

SA 8300 wont work

I've had no IR sucess with the 8300. Get a code that works for a day or so and then its gone and whatever firmware/software update that came along renders it inoperable. Yes, I have tried all of the obvious tivo solutions.

I cant stand Comcast's DVR. Anyone have any advice?

tivo is Ser2 Toshiba w/DVD player, if that matters
smstevens88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:25 PM   #285
carlkrebs

Turns out the IR cable was bad. Standard DISH or Echostar codes work.
carlkrebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:59 AM   #286
john_m_92627

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlee6
Looking for the IR code for H20 DirecTV Set Top. It's new and nobody seems to know yet (including Tivo tech support).

Thanks!
I am looking to try and control this too. Anyone know if it is possible to control this box from serial to usb?

Last edited by john_m_92627 : 04-14-2006 at 11:22 AM.
john_m_92627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #287
ashu
User title defunct

Any updates on the status of the new Dish 211 HD receiver?

I can't get HD locals through my 811 (already MPEG-4), nor the VOOM channels, and if I can't control the 211 vis the TiVo, then I'm going to an HD DVR from the cable company

(TiVo's will stay, on basic cable, of course)

(Too many TiVos!)

Old 04-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #288
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine782
Does Anyone know if a Motorola DCT 6412 Will Work??
I don't believe so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoJerry
This is a choice the user must make in pre-7.2 SW when setting up serial control. In 7.2 we integrated the serial setup to look for this automatically.
Yes, I should add some text about the MPG/APG thing, IR speed names changing to A/B/C, and how to get into the advanced mode to enter IR codes directly.

TiVo

中日韓
ccwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:22 AM   #289
ajatl

I just posted a question about this DVR (Motorola DCT 6412 III, with Comcast). I am having a hard time getting it to change channels correctly. Is there an IR code that works with this cable box?
ajatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:25 PM   #290
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Any updates on the status of the new Dish 211 HD receiver?

I can't get HD locals through my 811 (already MPEG-4), nor the VOOM channels, and if I can't control the 211 vis the TiVo, then I'm going to an HD DVR from the cable company

(TiVo's will stay, on basic cable, of course)
I hooked up the tivo & the 211 the other day. Two minutes later, the Tivo changed the channel to Good Times and started recording.

We can safely assume it worked.

It also recorded Prison Break & 24, then in the middle of the night promptly went into inactivity mode and I got like 4 hours of "press select to continue".

I've since fixed that problem.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:57 PM   #291
greg_burns
Now in HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance
We can safely assume it worked.
Aw man, Comcast just came today.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #292
ashu
User title defunct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine782
Does Anyone know if a Motorola DCT 6412 Will Work??
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajatl
I just posted a question about this DVR (Motorola DCT 6412 III, with Comcast). I am having a hard time getting it to change channels correctly. Is there an IR code that works with this cable box?
Folks, I stopped by my local Adelphia office, and they now offer this same DVR (6412/2300 Phase III). The lady at the desk was SHOCKINGLY knowledgable, helpful and understanding with my TiVo fanaticism She informed me that this device was remote compatible with the DCT2000 or whatchamacallit other basic Digital Cable boxes they have, and which I know my TiVo was capable of controlling (I moved from Digital Cable to Dish temporarily, and will switch back soon). In fact, the only Remote control they hand out now is a DVR remote, and the extra buttons are just useless with a regular cable box.

i.e. TiVo *should* be able to control it.

Of course, this means I don't need to have a digital cable box controlled by the TiVo and an uncontrollable HD-DVR! The Moto 6412 will record HD until the S3 TiVo gets here, and it will send SD to my TiVo for my other channels!

Charles, I'll likely go for their digital/HD/DVR package soon (when my Dish 'month' ends, and report back about how it works by sometime next week.

(Too many TiVos!)

Old 04-20-2006, 11:15 AM   #293
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Well, crap.

When I went to bed last night, all was well. At 5:30am, the press select to continue was up.

So I set the timer to 8 hours and when I get home from work I'll schedule a 3:30am channel change. That should take care of the problem for the most part, since the tivo rarely goes over 8 hours without recording.

I did a quick scan, the first posting I found about this particular problem was 2002. 4 years and Dish still hasn't solved the problem? Gah.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 04-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #294
greg_burns
Now in HD

gchance,

Does the 211 require to be plugged into regular phone line to function?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&&#post3903723
Old 04-20-2006, 02:18 PM   #295
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_burns
gchance,

Does the 211 require to be plugged into regular phone line to function?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&&#post3903723
I have yet to plug it into a phone line, and I've got all my programming. From what I understand and have understood since I've been on Dish Network, is the phone line is only for ordering PPV. I've never ordered PPV. Now, I do realize they claim they'll charge a "no phone line connected" charge, but I don't see how they'd be able to enforce it if they never dial INTO the box. I'm unaware of it calling home.

I don't want it hooked up to the phone line. The only reason I'd want it would be for Caller ID, and even that doesn't work right with the tivo. There's nothing more annoying than being reminded on Tuesday night at 7 that my mother-in-law called me Monday night at 9:25pm, in the middle of 24.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
Old 04-20-2006, 04:49 PM   #296
greg_burns
Now in HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance
I have yet to plug it into a phone line, and I've got all my programming. From what I understand and have understood since I've been on Dish Network, is the phone line is only for ordering PPV. I've never ordered PPV. Now, I do realize they claim they'll charge a "no phone line connected" charge, but I don't see how they'd be able to enforce it if they never dial INTO the box. I'm unaware of it calling home.

I don't want it hooked up to the phone line. The only reason I'd want it would be for Caller ID, and even that doesn't work right with the tivo. There's nothing more annoying than being reminded on Tuesday night at 7 that my mother-in-law called me Monday night at 9:25pm, in the middle of 24.

Greg
Yes, that is how my dish receivers behave as well. Neither has been plugged in for years and still get updates. The link I posted to about no VOIP support scared me off. I am glad to see they haven't changed their rules. No PPV support via VOIP is not a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:25 PM   #297
ajatl

Motorola 6412 Phase III IR issues

Quote:
Folks, I stopped by my local Adelphia office, and they now offer this same DVR (6412/2300 Phase III). The lady at the desk was SHOCKINGLY knowledgable, helpful and understanding with my TiVo fanaticism She informed me that this device was remote compatible with the DCT2000 or whatchamacallit other basic Digital Cable boxes they have, and which I know my TiVo was capable of controlling (I moved from Digital Cable to Dish temporarily, and will switch back soon). In fact, the only Remote control they hand out now is a DVR remote, and the extra buttons are just useless with a regular cable box.

i.e. TiVo *should* be able to control it.

Of course, this means I don't need to have a digital cable box controlled by the TiVo and an uncontrollable HD-DVR! The Moto 6412 will record HD until the S3 TiVo gets here, and it will send SD to my TiVo for my other channels!

Charles, I'll likely go for their digital/HD/DVR package soon (when my Dish 'month' ends, and report back about how it works by sometime next week.
I have been able to get the channels to change using my Tivo, if I leave the TV on with my input set to HDMI (Input 1). However, my Tivo is hooked to an S video input (input 2). If I set the TV to Input 2, or if the TV is off, I have channel changing problems. If the TV is on and set to the HDMI input, the Tivo will change the channels. Any suggestions?
ajatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #298
ashu
User title defunct

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajatl
I have been able to get the channels to change using my Tivo, if I leave the TV on with my input set to HDMI (Input 1). However, my Tivo is hooked to an S video input (input 2). If I set the TV to Input 2, or if the TV is off, I have channel changing problems. If the TV is on and set to the HDMI input, the Tivo will change the channels. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the heads-up! I'll look into this when my additional HDMI cables arrive (or switch my DVD player's cable to my 6412 temporarily?)

I picked one up last evening from the local office (self-install, yay! He even handed me a buinch of splitters and little cable pieces, Adelphia rocks!). Impressive 1080i quality, but NO DISCOVERY? Aaarrrggh! Seems I can't have it all.

At first glance, HD channels are WAY clearer and elss pixelated on the 6412, even with Component-VGA (carrying 1080i) on the cable box, as opposed to DVI-HDMI from the Dish 811.

My Toshiba RS-X20 had NO problem controlling the 6412 as a regular Motorola cable box, with IR blasters. Of course, the 6412 seems to switch it's video output to be the last tuned channel (internally switches tuners?). This means that a simultaneous recording on two channels (one on the Mot, one on my TiVo) has a 50-50% of being succesful, depending on which one starts first

Oh, and HD shows are MASSIVE space hogs!

Did I mention the Cable HD quality was better than Dish? And it's cheaper. SEspcially considering the combo discount with internet. And NO contract! Hurry up Verizon FIOS!

More feedback and updates in a few days, but this isn't the appropriate thread for it. Suffice to say, I'm cancelling Dish completely. Pay them 50 more for another box and install, and sign up for an 18 month contract to get the 211, when I paid 50 extra to AVOID any contract barely 4 months ago? Thanks, but no thanks.

(Too many TiVos!)

Old 05-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #299
Raven2490
De-rek Je-ter

VIP 211 And TiVo

I use that same box(VIP 211) with tivo standalone box and no problems here .... I've ran the guided set up a few times with dishnet boxes .. after the guided set up is done I usually get a blue screen saying tivo cannot receive video .. All I do is flip the channel up or down once with the dishnet remote and the picture comes back.

Hope this helps some 1
Raven2490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #300
SureTech

I have the Sony DHG-M55CV. does anyone know how i can get this box to work with the tivo? im new to the community and i tryed to do a search for my cable box but the only one i found whas the DHG-M55CB.

Thanks for your Help!!

SureTech is offline   Reply With Quote