TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-04-2005, 06:55 AM   #241
VinceA

I've noticed that v7.2 adds four digit support. I ran through the channel changing 'wizard' and it's working great for my SA4200's. Looks like it's using 4 digits, no Enter and fast speed. Previously I was using 3 digits with an Enter.
VinceA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 03:40 PM   #242
ceedceed

i have a scientific 2100 it keeps saying call cable what do i do to see the channels
ceedceed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 06:11 PM   #243
ovas

What codes are people using for the DCT6412. I'm having trouble getting it to consistently tune to the correct channel after trying multiple different codes. Thanks in advance.
ovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:36 AM   #244
ovas

Anybody? Sorry for the crap post, I just wanted to bump this topic up to the top so maybe someone would see my previous post on this Monday morning/afternoon.
ovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:53 PM   #245
DosMan

So the 7.2 Tivo software fixes the problems with the D10-100? This is isn't mentioned in the compatibility list under the Thompson D10.

Does anyone have any technical details as to what changed to break serial control compatibility with the Sony HD300? Maybe I could reprogram the TV Translator to fix it.
DosMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #246
Barry Basiliere
Retired & Loving It

I am one that has been having trouble with the channel changing since updates to 7.2xxxx. I have the Hughes HTL-HD D* receiver and the serial port was disabled. I changed to IR and had >90% failure. I built a tent and reduced the failure to about 10%. I have now purchased and installed Xantech 282M Infrared Mouse IR Emitters with the MS1 shield and while I have not exerienced a change in failure, it looks much better.

I purchased the emitters on eBay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Xantech-282M...QQcmdZViewItem

Ordered them on 9/22 (late in the day) and they arrived on 9/28. Not bad at all and shipping was only $3 for 4 of them.
1 - 180hr Dual Tuner
1 - Premier XL (antenna only)
All Networked
Barry Basiliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #247
michael480

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosMan
So the 7.2 Tivo software fixes the problems with the D10-100? This is isn't mentioned in the compatibility list under the Thompson D10.

Does anyone have any technical details as to what changed to break serial control compatibility with the Sony HD300? Maybe I could reprogram the TV Translator to fix it.
Does the 7.2 software no longer work correctly with the Sony HD300 via serial? I was considering buying one of these receivers as I upgrade to HD, but if this no longer works and have to use the IR, I may just consider going to the Directv HD/Tivo receiver. I would rather be able to buy the HD300 unit. I had put a lot of research into this unit, and was going to be my main purchase. But sounds like I'll have to scrap those plans thanks to the Tivo developers.
michael480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:44 PM   #248
Barry Basiliere
Retired & Loving It

The HD300 is one of the receivers that had the serial connection disabled as a result of v7.2xxxx . The only problem with the DirectTV HD receiver is that, to the best of my knowledge, it will not support MRV, TiVoToGo or Home Media.
1 - 180hr Dual Tuner
1 - Premier XL (antenna only)
All Networked
Barry Basiliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #249
Segwin

Westinghouse LVM-37W1 Code

This is a 37" Westinghouse 37" LCD monitor. Anyone find a working code for this model? No, 0067 does not work.

TIA.
Segwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:26 PM   #250
psquarednyc
Registered Goofball

I hope I'm not posting this in an inappropriate thread, but I've been unable to find my answer so far.

I have two tivos (and two cable boxes) hooked up to my PiP tv. Most of the time things are fine, but for some reason on occasion when one tivo is changing the channel to record something, both cable boxes switch to that channel. Result -- 30 minutes of Charmed followed by 30 minutes of the HBO program I'm trying to record on the other tivo. Anyone know how to fix this? One box is Scientific Atlanta 3250, the other S.A. 2200
psquarednyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:05 PM   #251
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

IR signals can bounce quite a bit. Both of your cable boxes are responding to IR from one unit's channel change. The only way to solve this is to isolate each cable box so that it only receives commands from the appropriate emitters.

You can do this by blocking off the front of the unit with whatever thick material you can find. We also document this as an IR tent here: http://customersupport.tivo.com/know...ic/tv1069.htm?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #252
jimstem

Upgrade to 7.2.0-oth-01-2-140 disabled IR & serial channel changing on Hughes GAEB0

I do not have the HD Hughes reciever. Mine is the older GAEB0 reciever.
This unit worked FLAWLESSLY until the 7.2 upgrade (last week). Ever since the upgrade, the channels just will not change correctly NO MATTER WHAT CODE and SPEED i use. I have tried every code I've seen mention of that supposedly works with this box and none do so correctly. I even built the IR tent and it did not decrease the errors one bit.

Basically, since the 7.2 upgrade, my Tivo is USELESS. It won't change channels and even if I change them with the DTV box remote, the Tivo still trieds to change to the channel for recording.....and doesn't change to the right channel.

TIVO: PLEASE HELP! I bought this box in good faith and with NOTHING changed on my end (other than your 7.2 upgrade), your TIVO no longer works....where two weeks ago, it worked flawlessly with NO changes in codes, locations, IR tents, etc.

Would the Xantech 282M Infrared Mouse IR Emitter & MS1 Shield make the TIVO changing channels problem go away?

I did purchase the serial cables (3.5mm 1 foot with 2.5mm adapter) but the 7.2 software does not recognize it and will not let me do an "advanced" setup....it forces you to go through it's own tests which always fail with the serial cable setup.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:48 PM   #253
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

Yours would be the first GAEBO that I've personally heard of having IR problems related to the SW upgrade. The IR protocols have not been changed, and AFAIK this model does not support serial.

Oddly enough, our agents say that they've had better results with code 10020 using only one emitter for this model....sticking out approx 1 1/2" directly in front of the sensor, which is to the right of "Select". The picture I'm looking at shows the sensor a bit lower than center so I'm assuming the best result is to have the emitter on the bottom.

If you find that using the Recommended Setup option is not working for you, you can enter the code directly using Advanced Setup.
http://customersupport.tivo.com/know.../tv103302.htm?

From what little I know of the products, using the Xantech emitter and shield has a chance of helping because it puts the emitter directly over the sensor and shields it from outside interference, but a proper IR tent would've had the same shielding effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstem
I do not have the HD Hughes reciever. Mine is the older GAEB0 reciever.
This unit worked FLAWLESSLY until the 7.2 upgrade (last week). Ever since the upgrade, the channels just will not change correctly NO MATTER WHAT CODE and SPEED i use. I have tried every code I've seen mention of that supposedly works with this box and none do so correctly. I even built the IR tent and it did not decrease the errors one bit.

Basically, since the 7.2 upgrade, my Tivo is USELESS. It won't change channels and even if I change them with the DTV box remote, the Tivo still trieds to change to the channel for recording.....and doesn't change to the right channel.

TIVO: PLEASE HELP! I bought this box in good faith and with NOTHING changed on my end (other than your 7.2 upgrade), your TIVO no longer works....where two weeks ago, it worked flawlessly with NO changes in codes, locations, IR tents, etc.

Would the Xantech 282M Infrared Mouse IR Emitter & MS1 Shield make the TIVO changing channels problem go away?

I did purchase the serial cables (3.5mm 1 foot with 2.5mm adapter) but the 7.2 software does not recognize it and will not let me do an "advanced" setup....it forces you to go through it's own tests which always fail with the serial cable setup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:44 PM   #254
jimstem

Jerry,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Taking away the upper emitter seems to have done the trick. I also pulled the bottom one out to a full 1.5" and made sure it was lined up straight with the infrared port. With the same code (00072b), it now is changing just fine. I'll play with the different codes, but this one seems to be working flawlessly now.

Now if I could just find all the shows from last week that didn't get taped due to being on teh wrong channel! LOL

Jim

PS...the moderator of this thread should change that first post so that others know about this issue with the GAEB0.....
Old 10-06-2005, 02:27 PM   #255
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstem
Jerry,

Taking away the upper emitter seems to have done the trick. I also pulled the bottom one out to a full 1.5" and made sure it was lined up straight with the infrared port. With the same code (00072b), it now is changing just fine. I'll play with the different codes, but this one seems to be working flawlessly now.
[]
PS...the moderator of this thread should change that first post so that others know about this issue with the GAEB0.....
And thank you for bringing this issue up.

On the cable option mentioned in the notes, I cannot recommend this procedure since
  1. there's not been sufficient confirmation that it works and
  2. in general, connecting TiVo DVR's to IR ports on cable/satellite boxes does run some risk of damage to both the DVR and the cable/satellite box.
However, if you are willing to try it at your own risk, the cable would need to be attached to the TiVo DVR's IR port, not the serial port, and you would need to select the IR option, not serial. If you do go ahead and try it, please let me know the results so that I can remove that paragraph from the notes if it does not actually work.

Thanks again.

TiVo

中日韓
ccwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #256
daemon452

DirecTV HR10-250 DirecTV with TiVo

if there any way to get the television programs stored on a DirecTV HR10-250 DirecTV with TiVo onto a computer like you can do with the Series 2 TiVo's
daemon452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #257
azitnay

No way that we can discuss on these forums.

Drew
azitnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #258
tomthumb

SA tivo with Samsung Directivo 4080

hi, folks.
I've got a SA 40hr series2 tivo and a samsung directivo model 4080.
I'm trying to get the IR blasters set up so the SA tivo can control the Samsung - and am having some problems.
Has anyone had any luck with the Samsung 4080?
I haven't tried building a tent...yet - hoping I don't have to do that...

Are there certain Sat boxes the tivo just can not control?

Thanks in advance!
tomthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:04 AM   #259
tomthumb

bump...
Old 10-14-2005, 02:35 PM   #260
tomthumb

bump...
no one with a SA Series2 Tivo controlling a Samsung 4080 Directivo???
Old 10-14-2005, 02:39 PM   #261
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

It is not possible to control a DIRECTV receiver with TiVo built in with a Standalone Series2 unit. Even if you could, it costs more to have monthly service on the SA than it does the combo unit.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:01 PM   #262
tomthumb

Not sure if that is 100% true - previously I had controlled my Sony SAT-T60 DirecTivo with the same Series 2 SA.

Cost isn't a concern here....I've got a lifetime on the SA and mostly use it for the HMO, just want to be able to record shows that might get archived to DVD on the SA.
It sees the DirecTV feed fine and dandy - just haven't been able to control the channels.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:17 PM   #263
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

You might want to start a separate thread to gain more visibility on this. It's definitely not a configuration that we test for.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:43 PM   #264
ccwf
国際化 Member

TiVoJerry writes:
Quote:
I've good news and some updates!!!

1> After much testing and gnashing of teeth, we now have a working IR code for LG (LSS3200). If you do not yet see it as a set top brand, please make a connection to download the latest IRDB. The new code is 10075, in case you just want to use the advanced setup option.

2> We are testing two additional codes for the Hughes HTL-HD and they are looking promising. I am still going through the results, but there may be some issues with needing to set a remote address on the receiver to get it to work.

3> The Zenith SAT520 has been confirmed as another model that lost serial control and that we do not have an IR code for. I have just received a remote and will start the capture and testing process for that. If you wish to be a part of the IR testing for your Zenith (SAT520 ONLY), send an email to helpforums.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 10-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #265
ccwf
国際化 Member

TiVoJerry writes:
Quote:
The serial control will be restored with the next version of SW, which will be rolling out soon. Because there is always a chance of something causin a last minute delay, I am not willing to put myself on record for a certain timeframe when I am not in a position to guarantee it. That said, things are **looking** very good that this will roll without delay.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 10-20-2005, 10:57 PM   #266
strops

Westinghouse LVM-37w1 remote code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segwin
This is a 37" Westinghouse 37" LCD monitor. Anyone find a working code for this model? No, 0067 does not work.

TIA.

I got my LVM-37W1 to work by using the first Sony TV code - I think it was 0238.
strops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:56 PM   #267
ccwf
国際化 Member

Changed home control cable ordering link to point to WeaKnees. Made link for home control cable pin-outs more prominent for those wishing to make their own cables.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 10-25-2005, 05:43 PM   #268
ccwf
国際化 Member

TiVoJerry writes:
Quote:
We now have two new IR codes for you to use with your Hughes HTL-HD receiver: 10076 & 10077. If you do not see these codes in the Advanced Setup list, make a connection and try again after the connection has succeeded.

If these do not work for you, 00072, 00137 and 10020 are also codes that may work.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 11-26-2005, 03:16 PM   #269
smlee6

Looking for the IR code for H20 DirecTV Set Top. It's new and nobody seems to know yet (including Tivo tech support).

Thanks!
smlee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #270
chetwyman

Arrow IR code for XPS pro box

Anyone know this code. I think I have tried them all
chetwyman is offline   Reply With Quote