TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-03-2005, 04:38 PM   #91
rbautch
User

I'm looking for volunteers to help me test out a tcl script that will remove HMO/MRV keys from MFS to solve this problem. You need no special skills, just to have Tivowebplus installed. PM me if you're interested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:21 AM   #92
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTUx9
Just to let you know, when installing crond onto a system without /busybox, it moves it first, then discovers it exists, so renames it to crond.bak

Suggestion: change responses to "y" instead of yes (or accept both)... people are more likely to make mistakes when entering "yes"

All in all, nice job, keep up the good work (just don't post this on DDB, their opinions about automation are well known)
Good suggestions, BTUx9. I fixed the crond issue, and I'll use "y" instead of "yes" in the next version.

or

Old 08-04-2005, 10:45 AM   #93
Sirwill
Don't take my Tivo!

This sounds really cool, but does TWP and everything here work on a S1 tivo?
Old 08-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #94
rbautch
User

I haven't tested it, but most of it should work fine as long as your Tivo already has an rc.sysinit.author file. I would skip the parts that load channel logos and replace your splash screen. I think the graphic format of the splash screen might be different for S1 Tivos. You could try it, and if it doesn't work, just restore the backup splash screen AlmostThere.png.bak to AlmostThere.png. You can probably do this over telnet, but at a worst case you'll have to pull your drive to do it. I'm curious if this works, let me know...

or

Old 08-04-2005, 11:38 AM   #95
BTUx9
back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwill
This sounds really cool, but does TWP and everything here work on a S1 tivo?
I really doubt you want to use it on an S1... besides the issues of compatibility with logos and splash screen, crond won't run and TWP has had all its event code lobotomized.

Much better to stick with the main-stream TWP for S1, IMHO
BTUx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:30 PM   #96
rbautch
User

MRV/HMO Certificate Remover

I incorporated a new tcl script into the main enhancements script that will search for and remove MRV/HMO expiration certificates from MFS. If you received your 6.2 image from a Tivo download and then hacked it using the Gunnyman guide, you most likely got theses certificates, which will stop MRV/HMO from working 180 days after the download occurred. If you've already run the enhancements script, then use the attached cert-remover.tcl script. FTP it your Tivo and run it with the command:
Code:
 tivosh cert-remover.tcl
If you plan to run the enhancements script, it will prompt you to run the cert-remover automatically. Thanks to willardcpa for identifying this issue here, and to acii for helping me test the script!

edit: If you're unsure if you have the certificates or not, the script will let you know. Or you could search for them using TWP.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cert-remover.zip (805 Bytes, 81 views)

or

Last edited by rbautch : 08-04-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:27 AM   #97
Tumminator

Thanks again RBAUTCH great work!
Old 08-06-2005, 04:50 AM   #98
pruffy

rbautch need your help, it seems no matter what i do i cant get hackman to install off of your automated script
here my hyperteminal log
bash-2.02# mount -o remount,rw /
bash-2.02# cd /var
bash-2.02# sh start.sh

Loading channel logo slices...

Backing up existing splash screen...
Replacing splash screen...
cp: /enhancements/new_splash_rcb.png: No such file or directory
mv: new_splash_rcb.png: No such file or directory

Installing new profile with aliases...
Checking for existing profile...
Backing up existing profile to .profile.bak...
Installing new profile with aliases...

installing Tivowebplus (modified for 6.2/7.1) plus several awesome modules,
including Hackman, Channelprefs, Batch Play, Backup, and Manual Record
/var/hack exists, installing TWP there. Patience, please...
mv: /enhancements/TWP_archive.tgz: No such file or directory
tar: TWP_archive.tgz: No such file or directory
rm: TWP_archive.tgz: No such file or directory
Appending your rc.sysinit.author file to run TWP on startup
TRUST ME

busybox detected...
Crond binary missing from /busybox, now installing...
mv: /enhancements/crond: No such file or directory
chmod: /busybox/crond: No such file or directory
Existing cron installation detected in /var/spool/cron, skipping cron install...

Installation Complete! Please reboot now..

please help
since i couldnt get twp working with your script im using twp 1.0 final it works but has no hackman included
thanks
pruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 05:56 AM   #99
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Does the script set permissions for "find" and "sendkey?" That's usually the most common reason for an installation failure.

Chebeague Island, Maine
There are 10 kinds of people, those who count in binary and those who don't.
PortlandPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #100
rbautch
User

Thanks Paw, but it looks like a missing TWP archive is the culprit this time. The problem is that your running the wrong script. You have to run tweak.sh, not start.sh. The tweak.sh script untars the rbautch-files archive (where start.sh is), puts everyting in the right places, and launches start.sh. Do not untar the rbautch-files.tgz archive yourself.

To fix this, just delete TWP 1.0, and any files you may have untarred. The only files you should be starting with are tweak.sh and rbautch-files.tgz. You may want to download version 2.0, which removes MRV/HMO expiration certificates from MFS.

or

Last edited by rbautch : 08-06-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:08 PM   #101
bnm81002

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
You may want to download version 2.0, which removes MRV/HMO expiration certificates from MFS.

where can I download version 2.0? thanks
Pioneer DVR810H-not in use
bnm81002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:50 AM   #102
rbautch
User

Same place you got the last version. The download was updated yesterday.

or

Old 08-07-2005, 11:11 AM   #103
rbautch
User

Now updated with the latest channel logo slice. Has 50 more logos.

or

Old 08-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #104
ttodd1
Proud Computer Geek

Just curious - which TWP modules did you include in your script?
Old 08-07-2005, 12:25 PM   #105
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttodd1
Just curious - which TWP modules did you include in your script?
Hackman, Channelprefs, Batch Play, Netconfig, Backup, and Manual Record. I'm also going to be adding SteveT's enhanced user interface shortly.

or

Old 08-07-2005, 02:38 PM   #106
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Cool, rbautch! I look forward to installing it on my HDVR2 shortly. This is a hack upgrade weekend.

Thanks for everything!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 08:07 PM   #107
beejpowers
Dad/Husband/Consumer

The crond module will make it so I can still order pay-per-view? With the phone line attached?
Has anyone verified this? I'd hate to have to pull the drive again... don't get me worng, the hack was relatively fast but my wife gets scarred when the tivo shell is on the kitchen counter.

HR10-250
SD-DVR80
HR21-700 - PRAYING for a D*TiVo Exchange program in '09
HR21-100 - PRAYING for a D*TiVo Exchange program in '09
beejpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 08:15 PM   #108
BTUx9
back?

serial cable + changing password = not having to pull drive in 90% of the cases, if done correctly.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:30 PM   #109
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej
The crond module will make it so I can still order pay-per-view? With the phone line attached?
Has anyone verified this? I'd hate to have to pull the drive again... don't get me worng, the hack was relatively fast but my wife gets scarred when the tivo shell is on the kitchen counter.
The crond installation will make sure your unit never makes a regular call to Tivo, which would be bad. The ppv call is a seperate call to DirecTV, which is ok. I haven't tested this myself because I don't have a phone line. Why don't you try it out and report back? Just keep monitoring your system information screen to make sure the "Last Successful" and "Next Scheduled" calls keep getting updated.

or

Old 08-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #110
BTUx9
back?

FYI TWP 1.2 has been released (and most of the patches/changes were made by rbautch )
Old 08-07-2005, 09:53 PM   #111
bnm81002

yup I saw that, unfortunately the threads go by times that are posted otherwise I would have saw the thread on the bottom hence I Deleted my post, thanks
Pioneer DVR810H-not in use
bnm81002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #112
rbautch
User

I'm helping out on the future Tivowebplus 1.2.1 release also, which will finally integrate a few of the most useful modules.

or

Old 08-08-2005, 01:04 PM   #113
beejpowers
Dad/Husband/Consumer

Quote:
The crond installation will make sure your unit never makes a regular call to Tivo, which would be bad. The ppv call is a seperate call to DirecTV, which is ok. I haven't tested this myself because I don't have a phone line. Why don't you try it out and report back? Just keep monitoring your system information screen to make sure the "Last Successful" and "Next Scheduled" calls keep getting updated.
OK.
I'll guinea pig this tonight.

When you go into settings->phone->connect to DVR Service... is that calling D* or Tivo. Since it says DVR service, I would think thats tivo... is there a way to force call D* ?

In regards to the "almost there" splash screen, where do you put a new one to install instead of yours (don't get me wrong, I like yours but I like to play )

HR10-250
SD-DVR80
Old 08-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #114
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej
OK.
I'll guinea pig this tonight.

When you go into settings->phone->connect to DVR Service... is that calling D* or Tivo. Since it says DVR service, I would think thats tivo... is there a way to force call D* ?

In regards to the "almost there" splash screen, where do you put a new one to install instead of yours (don't get me wrong, I like yours but I like to play )
Connect to DVR Service is Tivo. Not sure how to force a call to DirecTV other than ordering a PPV. the splash screen is located in /tvbin/AlmostThere.png. Be sure to heed my warnings in post 21 before you try to replace it. I posted my source graphics on the download site to use as a base for new splash screens. Be sure to post your new splash screen here so we all can share!

or

Old 08-08-2005, 05:30 PM   #115
beejpowers
Dad/Husband/Consumer

Quote:
Connect to DVR Service is Tivo. Not sure how to force a call to DirecTV other than ordering a PPV. the splash screen is located in /tvbin/AlmostThere.png. Be sure to heed my warnings in post 21 before you try to replace it. I posted my source graphics on the download site to use as a base for new splash screens. Be sure to post your new splash screen here so we all can share!
OK,
I have the script installed and am waiting to reboot. My wife is watching the news so it'll be a few. Maybe all night. But I'll let you know about the connect to DVR stuff since she bought a PPV 2 days ago without a phone line...

HR10-250
SD-DVR80
Old 08-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #116
metrounit9

Quick question from a newb, what's the best way to install version 2.0? Uninstall previous version or install over previous (1.4 I think)?

Thanks
metrounit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:50 PM   #117
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Hmm. I've always thought with a hacked DTiVo the best way to order PPV's was over the internet or calling a CST at DTV (yet there's a surcharge for the latter, I think.)

I leave my DTiVo's phone line unplugged.
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #118
beejpowers
Dad/Husband/Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer
Hmm. I've always thought with a hacked DTiVo the best way to order PPV's was over the internet or calling a CST at DTV (yet there's a surcharge for the latter, I think.)

I leave my DTiVo's phone line unplugged.
Totally true. But my wife forgot that I hacked the Tivo and told her that she shouldn't buy PPV on a whim...

What really gets me about PPV is that we have 875 DVDs... She could have found something to watch!

As for the hack and see what connects. I installed the script, no sweat. Now I am just waiting for the Tivo to call D*. I hope it will have by the time I get home. It hadn't when I went to bed last night.

HR10-250
SD-DVR80
Old 08-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #119
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrounit9
Quick question from a newb, what's the best way to install version 2.0? Uninstall previous version or install over previous (1.4 I think)?

Thanks
Uninstall the old, then reinstall the new.

or

Old 08-09-2005, 01:30 PM   #120
kramerboy
Jelly Man

Quote:
Now updated with the latest channel logo slice. Has 50 more logos.
Excellent. So, this is a more updated logo set than the logo-67.slice that is out there? If so, that is great news. I've been looking for an updated logo set for a while.
kramerboy is offline   Reply With Quote