TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-28-2005, 03:23 PM   #61
dmark1867

stop Tivowebplus every night at 3:14am cst

When this runs:

wget -O /dev/null "http://127.0.0.1:80/quit"; echo "`date` TWP stopped" >> /var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN

This happens:

wget: server returned error 401: HTTP/1.0 401 Authorization Required

This is because I have tivoweb password protected. How do I enter my credentials so this will run?

Thanks!
dmark1867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 04:43 PM   #62
rbautch
User

Try changing this:
Code:
wget -O /dev/null "http://127.0.0.1:80/quit"; echo "`date` TWP stopped" >> /var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN
to this:
Code:
wget -O /dev/null -o /dev/null "http://tivo/restart/0"; echo "`date` TWP restarted" >> /var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN
Then delete or comment out this line
Code:
15 9 * * * /enhancements/TWPrun.sh; echo "`date` TWP started">> /var/spool/cron/cronlogs/CRONLOG-MAIN
This should reload Tivowebplus instead of stopping and starting it. I can't test this right now, so let me know if it works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:32 AM   #63
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

I still can't get twp to start on boot...can someone show me what the changes to the .author file are supposed to be? Mine looks the same as I left it...also, my last line says:

"rc.sysinit.author" [Read only]

Is that just b/c I didn't rw the mount for this session or is this my problem?

If I cd to the twp directory and run tivoweb, it starts fine...

Here is my author file:

#!/bin/bash

export TIVO_ROOT=""
export MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10
export PATH=./:.:/utils:/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/tivobin:/busybox

# start telnet
tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &

# start ftp
tivoftpd

vserver

# Call the Tivo Package Manager Startup Scripts
# /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.tpm &

# If TPM doesn't work comment out TPM startup above and start TWP directly
/tivowebplus/tivoweb

/usr/local/epp/endpadplus.tcl 2 2 -auto >> /dev/null &

#Start Tytool

/var/hack/tserver/tserver -s &

I originally tried with tivowebplus installed in var/hack but that didn't work either...I also didn't have TPM startup scripts commented out but when that didn't work I tried to do it manually...

Last edited by pdawg17 : 07-29-2005 at 02:58 AM.
pdawg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #64
rbautch
User

The script adds the following lines to your author file to start TWP:
Code:
# starting Tivowebplus
/enhancements/TWPrun.sh
TWPrun.sh is a 2-line script that actually starts TWP. It gets created on the fly as the main script runs, and is customized to your installation. I did it this way to accommodate a TWP installation in any location. This script is also run when you type "twp" using the alias in the new profile, so you don't have to type out the full path everytime you want to run TWP manually. It looks like you have a line in your author file that already starts TWP in the root directory, so you should remove that. It might be cleanest just to delete your TWP installation, run the uninstall script, and then run the main script again. Or, you can verify that the TWPrun.sh script was created in /enhancements/, and is pointing to the correct location where you installed TWP, and then add the lines above to your author file to start TWP on boot.

You can also delete the TPM lines in your author file. My script mounts your filesystem as read-write, then just before it ends, mounts as read-only. If you want to edit your author file manually, you have to mount read-write again. Here's a great chance to try out one of the enhancements in the new profile: type "rw" to mount read-write, then type "author" to open your author file in vi, and finally type "ro" to mount read-only once again.

or

Last edited by rbautch : 07-29-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:20 PM   #65
Scott D

I installed the script successfully. I did notice what Gunny has encountered with all those errors found on page 1. I deleted the two files from the TiVo and forced a binary transfer back over to the TiVo and it installed correctly.

Also, for the people who are using SP2 for Windows XP, use the Hyper Terminal program instead. It works great with that one.

The only problem I had was a reboot problem. It got stuck a 10%. I did another reboot and it went through just fine.

Earlier in this thread, there is a jpg picture of a screen that looks like TiVoweb. I don't have that one. It's called hack manager. How do I access that?
Scott D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 07:06 PM   #66
Lopey

Scott D: Try this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
You can go to your modules folder and delete the hackman.ini and hackman.cfg files. Then restart TWP. Hackman will recreate those files to suit your installation.

Lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:02 PM   #67
Scott D

Interestlingly enough, that directory called modules is empty.

Wrong directory called modules. I found it.

Also, my tivoweb is ver 1.1 pre2.

Last edited by Scott D : 07-29-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:41 PM   #68
Lopey

Did it fix the problem?
Lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:43 PM   #69
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Very strange...I still can't get twp to run on boot...the author file is fine...if I type in "twp" at the bash prompt, it tells me it's finding everything and is running, but I can't connect...the only way to connect is to actually go to var/hack/tivowebplus and run tivoweb...
Old 07-29-2005, 10:27 PM   #70
Scott D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopey
Did it fix the problem?
No. I still get the basic screen rbautch had made a while back.

What version are you running to get that type of screen to manipulate scripts? I am running tivowebplus. I don't think that is the correct program.

Say, does anybody have two directories called "enhancements"? I can't seem to delete either one of them. Are they somehow protected?

Last edited by Scott D : 07-29-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:09 AM   #71
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott D
Say, does anybody have two directories called "enhancements"? I can't seem to delete either one of them. Are they somehow protected?
You have to mount as read-write by typing "rw". Then remove the directory with "rm -r /enhancements".

or

Old 07-30-2005, 12:18 AM   #72
rbautch
User

Quote:
Earlier in this thread I saw a picture of a screen that looks like TiVoweb. I don't have that one. It's called hack manager. How do I access that?
It's called "Hackman" and was installed by the script with your Tivowebplus installation (assuming you used the script to install TWP). Go to TWP, and look for Hackman. Yours will look a bit different because you won't have as many hacks running as the guy who posted that picture.

or

Old 07-30-2005, 12:23 AM   #73
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Very strange...I still can't get twp to run on boot...the author file is fine...if I type in "twp" at the bash prompt, it tells me it's finding everything and is running, but I can't connect...the only way to connect is to actually go to var/hack/tivowebplus and run tivoweb...
When you start it with "twp" is the last line of output "accepting connections"? Also type "ps" at the bash prompt to view the list currently running applications. TWP should be in there near the bottom. Can you view your TWPrun.sh script? Is it pointing to the correct directory /var/hack/? If all else fails, just put the line "/var/hack/tivowebplus/tivoweb" in your author file to start it directly, bypassing the TWPrun.sh script.

or

Old 07-30-2005, 12:45 AM   #74
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Quote:
When you start it with "twp" is the last line of output "accepting connections"? Also type "ps" at the bash prompt to view the list currently running applications. TWP should be in there near the bottom. Can you view your TWPrun.sh script? Is it pointing to the correct directory /var/hack/? If all else fails, just put the line "/var/hack/tivowebplus/tivoweb" in your author file to start it directly, bypassing the TWPrun.sh script.
This is my TWPrun.sh script...

#!/bin/sh
/var/hack/tivowebplus/tivoweb console &

TWP is installed to default ( in var/hack/)...I'll try manually changing the author file again but it didn't work before...is there a way of seeing if it somehow gets turned on and then somehow off? When I do "ps" it is not listed...also, it does NOT say "accepting connections" when I type "twp"...what could that be?
Old 07-30-2005, 01:29 AM   #75
rbautch
User

Quote:
This is my TWPrun.sh script...

#!/bin/sh
/var/hack/tivowebplus/tivoweb console &

TWP is installed to default ( in var/hack/)...I'll try manually changing the author file again but it didn't work before...is there a way of seeing if it somehow gets turned on and then somehow off? When I do "ps" it is not listed...also, it does NOT say "accepting connections" when I type "twp"...what could that be?
Do you have ver 1.1 of the script? The original script had the twp alias pointing to a TWP installation in the root directory. You can confirm this by checking the twp alias in the profile. Just type "vi .profile" from the root directory. If that's not it, navigate to /var/hack/tivowebplus and start it manually. This should work as you said before. Then try ps to confirm that it is listed. Then stop TWP, and try starting it again by running the script (sh TWPrun.sh), then check if it shows up with ps. You can keep repeating the ps command to see if shows up, then gets killed for some reason.

If that doesn't work, I'll stop by your house tomorrow to check it out.

or

Last edited by rbautch : 07-30-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:43 AM   #76
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Quote:
Do you have ver 1.1 of the script? The original script had the twp alias pointing to a TWP installation in the root directory. You can confirm this by checking the twp alias in the profile. Just type "vi .profile" from the root directory. If that's not it, navigate to /var/hack/tivowebplus and start it manually. This should work as you said before. Then try ps to confirm that it is listed. Then stop TWP, and try starting it again by running the script (sh TWPrun.sh), then check if it shows up with ps. You can keep repeating the ps command to see if shows up, then gets killed for some reason.

If that doesn't work, I'll stop by your house tomorrow to check it out.
Nah...you don't need to do that ...it's not a big deal - I just keep trying to fix it because it should work easily so it's bugging me...

My profile points to the right place...if I run tivoweb from /var/hack/tivowebplus, it works from my browser but ps doesn't list it...if I run TWPrun.sh, it does not give an error but it isn't listed with ps either...hmmm...

Last edited by pdawg17 : 07-30-2005 at 01:54 AM.
pdawg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:41 AM   #77
rbautch
User

One last try.... the only difference between running it from the TWP directory and from the TWPrun.sh script is that the script runs it in the background by using an "&" after the command. Maybe try taking that out of the script to see if that works, or add an "&" to your manual command in /var/hack/tivowebplus to see if it doesn't. As far as the active processes go (ps command) you should be seeing a few lines that looks like this:
Code:
5335 root       7448 S   tivosh /var/hack/tivowebplus/httpd-tt.tcl
 5336 root       7448 S   tivosh /var/hack/tivowebplus/httpd-tt.tcl
 5337 root       7448 S   tivosh /var/hack/tivowebplus/httpd-tt.tcl

or

Old 07-30-2005, 04:48 PM   #78
Scott D

Yeah, I found the hackman screen. I usually don't go in there though.

rbautch....

I do have a question for you. I don't know for certain when it does this but when I alter my channel prefs, (organize my favorite channels), the TiVo wants to reboot first. Then when I go back into the channel prefs screen and do some more organization of the channels,it doesn't reboot again. Instead it gives me a listing of all the channels it added or removed.

Does it reboot on you too? Sometimes?
Old 07-30-2005, 09:54 PM   #79
rbautch
User

Channelprefs has always behaved well for me. If you do a search here for Channelprefs, maybe the author of the module can help you. I think his name is SteveT.

or

Old 07-30-2005, 11:16 PM   #80
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Quote:
One last try.... the only difference between running it from the TWP directory and from the TWPrun.sh script is that the script runs it in the background by using an "&" after the command. Maybe try taking that out of the script to see if that works, or add an "&" to your manual command in /var/hack/tivowebplus to see if it doesn't. As far as the active processes go (ps command) you should be seeing a few lines that looks like this:
Code:
5335 root       7448 S   tivosh /var/hack/tivowebplus/httpd-tt.tcl
 5336 root       7448 S   tivosh /var/hack/tivowebplus/httpd-tt.tcl
 5337 root       7448 S   tivosh /var/hack/tivowebplus/httpd-tt.tcl
Well, I made it work by "enabling" twp thru Hackman...the addition it makes to the author file made it work...thanks...
Old 07-31-2005, 09:55 AM   #81
rbautch
User

What addition was that?

or

Old 07-31-2005, 01:14 PM   #82
Scott D

Quote:
You have to mount as read-write by typing "rw". Then remove the directory with "rm -r /enhancements".
Doesn't work. Not that the command is bad. That's not it. What I think it would be is a ghost image. What I think has happened is that I erased my good copy and the ghost remained there.

Let me explain why I think it is a ghost image. On any OS, you cannot have the same name of a file or directory in the same place. At different locations, yes, but not stacked on top of each other.

My directory tree looks like this....

backups
bin
enhancements
enhancements
var

Just to give you an idea what I'm talking about.

How about cleaning out the TOC or FAT tables?

Last edited by Scott D : 07-31-2005 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:21 PM   #83
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Quote:
What addition was that?
It added this to the author file:

# Starting the TivoWeb application:
if test -f /var/hack/tivowebplus/tivoweb
then
/var/hack/tivowebplus/tivoweb &
fi
Old 07-31-2005, 04:53 PM   #84
rbautch
User

Quote:
Doesn't work. Not that the command is bad. That's not it. What I think it would be is a ghost image. What I think has happened is that I erased my good copy and the ghost remained there.

Let me explain why I think it is a ghost image. On any OS, you cannot have the same name of a file or directory in the same place. At different locations, yes, but not stacked on top of each other.

My directory tree looks like this....

backups
bin
enhancements
enhancements
var

Just to give you an idea what I'm talking about.

How about cleaning out the TOC or FAT tables?
Try removing those directories with the following command:
Code:
rm -r enhan*

or

Old 07-31-2005, 04:54 PM   #85
rbautch
User

Quote:

then
fi
That's odd. These lines just check if tivoweb is present in /var/hack/tivowebplus and then runs it. It's no different than the TWPrun script, or the previous versions of your author file where you added it yourself.

or

Last edited by rbautch : 07-31-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:28 AM   #86
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Quote:
That's odd. These lines just check if tivoweb is present in /var/hack/tivowebplus and then runs it. It's no different than the TWPrun script, or the previous versions of your author file where you added it yourself.
I know...I have no clue what to make of it...chalk this up to the "Huh?" category...
Old 08-02-2005, 06:15 PM   #87
rbautch
User

Replacement Crontab

I fixed a few missing quotes in the crontab that were preventing Tivowebplus from restarting every night. (Thanks acii for catching them!) I also fixed a few other minor cron issues. If you've already run the script, replace the file called "root" located in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/ with the one attached. The download on the website has been updated, and contains a new readme with the details. Future plans for the script include (if anyone's interested):

- Caller ID
- Replacement of all 3 splash screens
- A few unmentionables not allowed to be discussed here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip root.zip (1.1 KB, 47 views)

or

Old 08-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #88
willardcpa
QUASI-OMNISCIENT

Quote:
I fixed a few missing quotes in the crontab that were preventing Tivowebplus from restarting every night. (Thanks acii for catching them!) I also fixed a few other minor cron issues. If you've already run the script, replace the file called "root" located in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/ with the one attached. The download on the website has been updated, and contains a new readme with the details. Future plans for the script include (if anyone's interested):

- Caller ID
- Replacement of all 3 splash screens
- A few unmentionables not allowed to be discussed here.
You may want to leave the unmentionables till the last. Or put them somewhere else, that is not directly linked to from here. My suspicion is that if you just plunk them in, then any reference, or support of them will be cut off here. Which is not what those of us that dutifully follow these threads desire. Thanks
willardcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #89
BTUx9
back?

Just to let you know, when installing crond onto a system without /busybox, it moves it first, then discovers it exists, so renames it to crond.bak

Suggestion: change responses to "y" instead of yes (or accept both)... people are more likely to make mistakes when entering "yes"

All in all, nice job, keep up the good work (just don't post this on DDB, their opinions about automation are well known)
BTUx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #90
PortlandPaw
Woodstock-era Hacker

Quote:

then
fi
That looks like hackman adding start commands to the .author file. That's done by clicking on the "gumdrop" button to the right of the app name. Please read the hackman documentation to understand how this all works!

Chebeague Island, Maine
There are 10 kinds of people, those who count in binary and those who don't.
PortlandPaw is offline   Reply With Quote