Super FunBall

haven't had the chance yet.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:14 AM   #32
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Thanks to insomnia, DONE.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:53 AM   #33
pearkel

Has anyone had problems uninstalling this script. I installed on 2 machines and It worked like a champ on the 2nd machine but on the 1st RCADVR40 I am having problems with tivoweb. I tried to uninstall but I just get a series of y's on the cmd prompt. It never really uninstalls.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Also thanks for all of the knowledge on this forum I really appreciate it.
pearkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:06 AM   #34
rbautch
User

Try running dos2unix on the uninstall script.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:43 AM   #35
pearkel

I tried that once and got the same result. I'll try again later tonight.
Thanks
Old 07-26-2005, 10:53 AM   #36
rbautch
User

You might also try opening the file with vi, and looking for dos line endings that look like this: ^M^M You can manually delete them if dos2unix doesn't seem to work.

or

Old 07-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #37
dmark1867

rbautch Thanks, this is awesome!

If possible I would like to keep just my elseed log from being wiped.

How can I have it wipe all logs but elseed?

Thanks
dmark1867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:21 AM   #38
rbautch
User

What's the name of your elseed log, and where is it stored?

or

Old 07-26-2005, 11:38 AM   #39
rbautch
User

If it's in var/log/ and it is called elseed.log, then replace the file called "root" in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/ directory with the attached one. This will copy your elseed log somwhere safe while the logs are being wiped, and then move it back after the wiping is done.
Attached Files
File Type: zip root.zip (1.1 KB, 40 views)

or

Old 07-26-2005, 12:48 PM   #40
pearkel

rbautch I checked this out at lunch today. I vi the script but I didn't see any extra commands. Right after I hit yes I think it says I don't think so then a series of these
y
y
y
etc

and it just keeps going. I am at a loss on why it won't uninstall.
Any other ideas?
Old 07-26-2005, 01:16 PM   #41
Philly Bill
Everyday is Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
Thanks to insomnia, DONE.
Wow. Only 4 minutes?
Philly Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:08 PM   #42
dmark1867

Thanks rbautch you are da man,

Yeah it is called elseed.log

I really appreciate it.
dmark1867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:18 PM   #43
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearkel
rbautch I checked this out at lunch today. I vi the script but I didn't see any extra commands. Right after I hit yes I think it says I don't think so then a series of these
y
y
y
etc

and it just keeps going. I am at a loss on why it won't uninstall.
Any other ideas?
Try re-downloading the file, then try a different computer if you can. If that fails, try the attached version of the uninstall script, which just runs without asking you if you want to run it first. Can someone ese test out the uninstall script for me? I tested it extensively before my entire house got fried from a power surge yesterday.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tweak-uninstall.zip (668 Bytes, 112 views)

or

Old 07-26-2005, 06:27 PM   #44
panjabi

would it be possible to add more apps to this

i am very new at this and if i went through hours and hours to this stuff, i sitill can't make alot of things work. it would be nice if someone can make one package installatin for things like tystudio, tivotelnet, tivoweb, control station, mfs ftp, yac,ty tool i have included a pictures with all programs download from somewhere also if one can add scritps like nag killer and delnag and fixup3.0 which removes nags from unsubed tivos. is this posible to put all programs in one installation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg programs.jpg (39.2 KB, 260 views)
panjabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:33 AM   #45
metrounit9

problem with instal

When I run the install script it seems to ignore my responses, i.e. "Do you want to install Channel Logos [yes/no]". When I type yes, it responds with "skipping logo installation". Also as the script runs a little farther it doesn't allow the time to respond before skipping TWP installation.

I have run dos2unix on the script, downloaded a couple of times, checked with vi, and don't see any dos line endings.

I'm a newb so I probably doing something simple wrong.

rbautch thanks for the script..hope to get working soon...and good luck recovering from your power surge.
metrounit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:46 AM   #46
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrounit9
When I run the install script it seems to ignore my responses, i.e. "Do you want to install Channel Logos [yes/no]". When I type yes, it responds with "skipping logo installation". Also as the script runs a little farther it doesn't allow the time to respond before skipping TWP installation.

I have run dos2unix on the script, downloaded a couple of times, checked with vi, and don't see any dos line endings.

I'm a newb so I probably doing something simple wrong.

rbautch thanks for the script..hope to get working soon...and good luck recovering from your power surge.
What software version are you running?
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #47
pearkel

Quote:
This is what is happening on my rca. I finally got it uninstalled last night. The script you gave without asking questions worked fine. I went to reinstall and it did the same thing again. Just skips over the Tivoweb question.

I had no problems installing on a Phillips and has been working great the last 2 days, I just can't get it working on the RCA.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:09 AM   #48
clover_kid

Great JOB. This utility gets added to my "must use" list!

Now, for the unasked for request...how about adding the backported USB drivers for increased transfer speed and how about installing tserver at the same time?

Once again...Great job

Bill
clover_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:39 AM   #49
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover_kid
Great JOB. This utility gets added to my "must use" list!

Now, for the unasked for request...how about adding the backported USB drivers for increased transfer speed and how about installing tserver at the same time?

Once again...Great job

Bill
The USB drivers are an excellent idea. I'll add it to the next version if I can get permission from the guy who did all the hard work to backport them.

or

Old 07-27-2005, 09:47 AM   #50
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearkel
This is what is happening on my rca. I finally got it uninstalled last night. The script you gave without asking questions worked fine. I went to reinstall and it did the same thing again. Just skips over the Tivoweb question.

I had no problems installing on a Phillips and has been working great the last 2 days, I just can't get it working on the RCA.
It may be something peculiar about your Telnet session. If I Telnet from my laptop, I actually have the same problem as you, even on a 4 line test script, but it seems to work from every other computer I try it on. Pearkel, if the only thing you need is the TWP installation, just extract the TWP folder from the archive and FTP it to your Tivo. I may create a version of the script that doesn't ask any questions.

or

Old 07-27-2005, 11:28 AM   #51
baltman

New to this. How to I get to my tivo box to run this script.

Like to learn alittle about hacking.

Thanks

Dave
baltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:04 PM   #52
rbautch
User

If anyone is still having trouble with the prompts for user input, try out this version which has the prompts removed. Again, this will install everything without asking. Just replace the /enhancements/start.sh script with the one attached and run it. Don't run tweak.sh, run start.sh. I haven't tested this, so use at your own risk.
Attached Files
File Type: zip start.zip (1.7 KB, 113 views)

or

Old 07-27-2005, 04:10 PM   #53
W2DHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltman

Thanks

Dave
This isn't the best forum, Google for jjbliss* and visit the forum that is the top results. SEARCH and READ A LOT before asking questions, they are vicious to newbies asking questions that have already been answered.
W2DHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #54
Philly Bill
Everyday is Saturday

I'd say that thanks to a few guys who really don't mind helping others out, this forum - in this section - IS getting to be a place to learn to hack your TIVO.

There even seems to be one or two folks who frequent the other place that have stopped by to lend a hand.

Props to those who deserve it.
Philly Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:21 PM   #55
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

rbautch-

My comp has trouble running the uninstall script correctly...is there another way to only uninstall the cron part? I want to keep the rest...

Also, I can't get tivowebplus to start on boot...what should I check for?

Last edited by pdawg17 : 07-27-2005 at 09:57 PM.
pdawg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:18 PM   #56
jjz

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrounit9
Are you using the telnet agent built into windows XP SP2- its adds an extra return which can muck up scripts
If you are to get rid of he extra return do this:
Start--->Run, type in "cmd" the return
type in "telnet" then return
type in "unset crlf" then return
To connect to your box type in "o ipaddressofyourtivo" then return

see if that works for you
jjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:19 PM   #57
ssstivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltman

Thanks

Dave
Follow the link to Gunnyman's guide. That should put you well on your way.

It's worked out great for me and my 3 DTivos.

http://www.thewallens.net/tivo/Tivo_unguide.html
ssstivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:05 PM   #58
metrounit9

Different Telnet session worked

rbautch,

Just confirming your suspicion about the telnet session, I booted my PC into Suse (had been in XP) and ran telnet session from there and your script worked flawlessly.

Everything is installed. Now I just have to play around with it for awhile.
metrounit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:04 AM   #59
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
rbautch-

My comp has trouble running the uninstall script correctly...is there another way to only uninstall the cron part? I want to keep the rest...

Also, I can't get tivowebplus to start on boot...what should I check for?
First try dos2unix on the uninstall script. Then try using a different telnet clent (I prefer Telnet98), or the procedure jjz described above (thanks jjz!). If that doesn't work, I'll walk you through a manual uninstall process. After you get it uninstalled, reinstall it, and it should append your rc.sysinit.author file to run TWP on boot. Keep us posted.

or

Old 07-28-2005, 10:47 AM   #60
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjz
Are you using the telnet agent built into windows XP SP2- its adds an extra return which can muck up scripts
If you are to get rid of he extra return do this:
Start--->Run, type in "cmd" the return
type in "telnet" then return
type in "unset crlf" then return
To connect to your box type in "o ipaddressofyourtivo" then return
You hit the nail on the head, jjz. I can confirm that running telnet from XP SP1 is fine, but from XP SP2 causes problems. I'm going to add your suggestion above to the instructions. Thanks!!

or