TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #61
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Imagine if the current Cubs team (or anyone from the 2003 or 2004 teams) got together for a fundraiser game like the Cubs did back in the '70s.

Who do you think would make the best team?

I'm guessing that Prior, Wood, Hollandsworth, Derek Lee and Farnsworth might make up a winning basketball team.

Who would you pick?

DianaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 02:51 PM   #62
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Name that Cubs shortstop!

Trivia questions:

Who is this pictured?

What is he doing these days?

Is the cigar lit?

Old 02-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #63
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Cool

There goes Farnsie

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs reshuffled their bullpen Wednesday, dealing hard-throwing Kyle Farnsworth to the Detroit Tigers for three minor leaguers.

Click on link above for the rest of the story...

Looks like we're down to 6 or 7 remaining from the 2003 Cubs team.

Aramis Ramirez
Joe Borowski
Mark Prior
Mike Remlinger
Kerry Wood
Carlos Zambrano

and Corey Patterson who was injured back then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Share an online coupon here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #64
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Kyle Farnsworth

Here are some pictures from one of Kyle's least favorite games as a Cub.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:01 PM   #65
hefe
Rebus Philbin

My wife is very disappointed that Farnsworth is gone. She called him cutie-pie.

I, on the other hand, am mixed about it. I am frustrated that he never reached the incredible potential that I think he has, and worry that he might start showing it now. On the other hand, it is well known that Kyle had a problem with maturity and being a professional athlete. His late nights at the bars and clubs are renown. If he decides to be a professional pitcher, he could be awesome.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:20 PM   #66
DianaMo
Cubs fan

I wanted him to learn the split fingered fastball that Bruce Sutter did so well with.
He really needed something...

More photos!

This one was taken after an Astros home run left Wrigley.
I think Kerry Wood served up this one, but I could be wrong. It wasn't Farnsy because he wasn't pitching yet in this game.

Check out what is going on in the bleachers. I thought it was interesting.

Old 02-10-2005, 02:21 PM   #67
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Old 02-10-2005, 02:24 PM   #68
phodg

With Farnsworth gone from town, Tai's til 4 on Ashland might take a hit.
phodg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:00 PM   #69
DianaMo
Cubs fan

TV listings for Cubs fans

Here's what Tivo found :

More Cubs related tv shows / shows Cubs fans may be interested in...

Covering the Bases Weekly guide to the Cubs and White Sox during spring training; player interviews; highlights.

Thu 3/3 7:00 PM Comcast Sports Chicago
Thu 3/3 11:00 PM
Fri 3/4 5:00 PM
Thu 3/10 7:00 PM
Thu 3/10 11:00 PM
Fri 3/11 5:00 PM

----------

MLB Preseason Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Texas Rangers" Mon 3/7 1:00 PM ESPN, ESPNHD

MLB Preseason Baseball "Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs" Mon 3/14 2:00 PM CSNCH

MLB Preseason Baseball "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at Chicago Cubs" Sat 3/12 2:00 PM WGN

Entertainment Studios.com Actor Ben Affleck ("Surviving Christmas"); actress Laura Linney ("P.S."); baseball player Sammy Sosa; actress Jennifer Tilly ("Seed of Chucky"). Fri 3/4 2:42 AM WBBM

Baseball "Caribbean World Series: Mexico vs. Puerto Rico" From Mazatlan, Mexico. Tue 3/8 4:00 PM FSCH

FSN Baseball Report News and notes from the Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues. Sat 3/5 6:00 AM FSCH

MLB Preseason Baseball "Washington Nationals at Baltimore Orioles" Sat 3/5 12:00 PM CSNDC

Major League Remodel Turning an unfinished basement into an entertainment center and game room; former pro baseball player Greg McMichael is host. Sun 3/13 2:00 PM DIY

This Week in Baseball Baseball news, highlights and profiles. M-F 7:30 AM ESPN CLASSIC

Source: Tivo listings, Central time.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:49 PM   #70
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Was in Orlando last month. Had a difficult time finding lodging. Florida was booked due to holiday weekends, Daytona, fishing tourneys, PMA and just plain nice weather.

Went to a home church hosted by a family who works for Disney. They arranged for a room for us at a Disney resort.

While we were on the Disney grounds, I wanted to check out the stadium where the Atlanta Braves have spring training.

My photos from that visit can be found here:

http://leovilletownsquare.com/ubbthr...&Number=749300

So far, this is the closest I've even been to spring training.

Does anyone have photos from the Cub's spring training?

Old 03-03-2005, 02:11 PM   #71
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaMo
Was in Orlando last month. Had a difficult time finding lodging. Florida was booked due to holiday weekends, Daytona, fishing tourneys, PMA and just plain nice weather.

Went to a home church hosted by a family who works for Disney. They arranged for a room for us at a Disney resort.

While we were on the Disney grounds, I wanted to check out the stadium where the Atlanta Braves have spring training.

My photos from that visit can be found here:

http://leovilletownsquare.com/ubbthr...&Number=749300

So far, this is the closest I've even been to spring training.

Does anyone have photos from the Cub's spring training?
I've driven by Hohokam when I was in the Phoenix area once. Never been there in March, though. I'll be in the Sarasota area next week, so I might get to a game at the Pirates or Reds facilities.

Old 03-03-2005, 02:33 PM   #72
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe
I've driven by Hohokam when I was in the Phoenix area once. Never been there in March, though. I'll be in the Sarasota area next week, so I might get to a game at the Pirates or Reds facilities.
Hope you bring your camera and share your best photos here. Have a fun trip.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:01 PM   #73
DianaMo
Cubs fan

I found an interesting program on Sports Psychology that mentioned studies done on the Houston Astro's minor leaguers.

The program aired on the Research Channel, which is available via the Dish Network and FTA satellite...and also via archived webcasts! So you can probably watch this if you're interested.

quote from website:

Sport Psychology: Keys to Peak Performance

This program focuses on the psychology of athletic prowess and how to tap your inner self for optimum physical performance. The speaker is an expert on personality and mental training techniques and sport anxiety management and works with coaches, student-athletes, and athletic trainers.

Series:
Healthy-U, The
Speaker:
Donald Christensen, M.D., sport psychology consultant, Athletic Department, University of Washington

Subject:
Health and Medicine

Produced by:
University of Washington, September 17, 2001
Runtime:
00:58:30
Rating:
TV-G

http://www.researchchannel.com/progr...nt.asp?rid=834

Any comments? Reply here.

Old 03-16-2005, 03:10 PM   #74
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Nomar Garciaparra article

Garciaparra moves on

Longtime Red Sox shortstop holds no grudges about deal that sent him to Cubs.

Sample from article:

Face of a franchise? When Garciaparra was traded, New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter, linked to Garciaparra by position and rivalry, blinked and said he couldn't imagine the Red Sox without him.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/6/229503-5416-036.html

Old 03-16-2005, 04:13 PM   #75
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Steve Stone @ ESPN2 Cubs-Arizona March 23

Quote from the Tribune...

Former Cubs broadcaster Steve Stone will announce the Cubs-Arizona game in Tucson on March 23 on ESPN2.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,2840189.story

Old 03-16-2005, 04:16 PM   #76
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Quote from the Tribune...

Former Cubs broadcaster Steve Stone will announce the Cubs-Arizona game in Tucson on March 23 on ESPN2.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,2840189.story
Cool, I'll check that out... I've been enjoying Stone's segments on WSCR radio.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:21 PM   #77
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Covering the Bases Weekly guide to the Cubs and White Sox during spring training; player interviews; highlights. Sun 3/27 7:00 PM CSNCH
Thu 3/31 7:00 PM
Thu 3/31 11:00 PM
Fri 4/1 5:00 PM

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks" Mon 4/4 4:00 PM ESPN2

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks" Mon 4/4 4:00 PM WGNSAT

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks" Tue 4/5 9:30 PM CSNCH

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks" Wed 4/6 2:30 PM CSNCH

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks" Wed 4/6 9:00 PM CSNCH
Wed 4/6 9:00 PM FSAZ

MLB Preseason Baseball "Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners" From Las Vegas. Fri 4/1 9:00 PM 9 WGNSAT

MLB Preseason Baseball "Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners" From Las Vegas. Sat 4/2 3:00 PM ESPN2

MLB Preseason Baseball "Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners" From Las Vegas. Sat 4/2 3:00 PM WGNSAT

MLB Preseason Baseball "San Diego Padres at Chicago Cubs" Sun 3/27 2:00 PM CSNCH

MLB Preseason Baseball "San Diego Padres at Chicago Cubs" Mon 3/28 1:00 AM CSNCH
MLB Preseason Baseball "Seattle Mariners at Chicago Cubs" Mon 3/28 8:00 PM FSN
MLB Preseason Baseball "Seattle Mariners at Chicago Cubs" Mon 3/28 8:00 PM FSR3

-----

Handyma'am With Beverly DeJulio "Lawn Tips From Wrigley Field" Lawn care; ivy; lawn-mower maintenance; birdbath. Mon 4/4 2:30 PM PBSYOU
maintenance; birdbath. Mon 4/4 5:30 PM

Chicago: Inside the Windy City Chicago begins as a frontier outpost and gives birth to the skyscraper. Sun 3/27 11:00 AM TRAV

Taste of America "Taste of Chicago" Cheese-saganaki; brownies; deep-dish pizza; demon dogs; rainbow ice-cream. Fri 4/1 10:30 PM TRAV

Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch (2002) The golden retriever joins a middle-school baseball team and searches for his missing offspring. Sat 4/2 1:00 PM DISN

Romeo! "Shamsky's a Sham" Romeo is disappointed when he meets a professional baseball player; Percy spends quality time with Gary. Sun 3/27 7:30 PM NIK

The Sports List "Intimidating Pitchers" Baseball's most feared pitchers. Tue 4/5 10:00 PM FSCH

When It Was a Game Color home movies provide a rare look at baseball from the late 1930s into the early '50s. Sun 4/3 6:00 AM HBO

Instant Replay Sun 3/27 9:40 PM 9 WGNSAT
Sun 4/3 9:40 PM

NFL Yearbook "1990 Chicago Bears" Mon 4/4 9:30 PM ESPNCL
Tue 4/5 12:30 AM Tue 4/5 3:30 AM

Not sure what this one is.

190 North Down in Disney World with past and present Cubs. Sun 4/3 10:35 PM WLS

Source: Tivo listings, of course!

Old 03-26-2005, 09:03 PM   #78
itstrue
No, really

ESPN Classic shows a lot of World Series highlights so Cub fans can see what one looks like.
itstrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:16 PM   #79
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Thumbs up Cubs tv listings

Cub fans tv listings....

Comcast re-airs some games. Watch game times carefully for reruns. ESPN2 games might include Steve Stone as announcer. All times listed are central time zone.

If you're Tivo'ing or recording the games to vcr, remember to add 10 minutes to the beginning of the telecast for the pregame show and add extra time at the end too for the post game show and in case the game runs over the allotted time.

Next Year Is Here Dan Roan covers the Chicago Cubs' home opener from Wrigley Field. Fri 4/8 12:30 PM 9 WGN

Check the countdown 'til opening day here: www.cubs.com

Covering the Bases Weekly guide to the Cubs and White Sox during spring training; player interviews; highlights. Thu 3/31 7:00 PM Thu 3/31 11:00 PM Fri 4/1 5:00 PM
CSNCH (Comcast Sports Chicago)

MLB Preseason Baseball "Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners" From Las Vegas. Fri 4/1 9:00 PM WGN

MLB Preseason Baseball "Chicago Cubs vs. Seattle Mariners" From Las Vegas. Sat 4/2 3:00 PM WGN & ESPN2

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks" Mon 4/4 4:00 PM WGN AND ESPN2 BOTH (check for blackouts)
Does anyone know if Steve Stone is announcing this one for ESPN2 ?

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks" Tue 4/5 9:30 PM CSNCH

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks" Wed 4/6 2:30 PM CSNCH

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks" Wed 4/6 9:00 PM CSNCH

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks" Wed 4/6 9:00 PM FSAZ

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks" Thu 4/7 2:00 PM FSAZ

MLB Baseball "Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs" Fri 4/8 1:10 PM WGN

MLB Baseball "Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs" Sat 4/9 1:00 PM CSNCH

MLB Baseball "Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs" Sun 4/10 1:00 AM CSNCH

MLB Baseball "Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs" Sun 4/10 1:10 PM WGNSAT

MLB Baseball "Milwaukee Brewers at Chicago Cubs" Sun 4/10 1:10 PM WGNSAT

190 North Down in Disney World with past and present Cubs. Sun 4/3 10:35 PM WLS
(I don't know what this show is and I don't get in WLS. Can someone let me know if it was Chicago Cubs related?)

NFL Yearbook "1990 Chicago Bears" Tue 4/5 12:30 AM Tue 4/5 3:30 AM ESPNCLASSIC

Handyma'am With Beverly DeJulio "Lawn Tips From Wrigley Field" Lawn care; ivy; lawn-mower maintenance; birdbath. Mon 4/4 2:30 PM Mon 4/4 5:30 PM PBSYOU

Taste of America "Taste of Chicago" Cheese-saganaki; brownies; deep-dish pizza; demon dogs; rainbow ice-cream. Fri 4/1 7:30 PM TRAVEL

Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch (2002) The golden retriever joins a middle-school baseball team and searches for his missing offspring. Sat 4/2 1:00 PM DISNEY

Biography "Kurt Russell: Hollywood's Heavy Hitter" Kurt Russell dreams of a baseball career but, due to a shoulder injury, turns to acting. Fri 4/1 8:00 PM A&E

When It Was a Game Color home movies provide a rare look at baseball from the late 1930s into the early '50s. Sun 4/3 6:00 AM HBO

The Sports List "Greatest Shortstops" Baseball's best shortstops. Sat 4/9 6:30 AM (multiple airdates on several different foxsports channels) FSM

The Sports List "Intimidating Pitchers" Baseball's most feared pitchers. Tue 4/5 6:00 PM FSS
(multiple airdates on several different foxsports channels)

and finally...

The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius "Retroville 9; Grumpy Young Men" Jimmy improves his baseball team's equipment with Neutronic technology; Jimmy, Carl and Sheen want to be old enough to buy a violent video game. Thu 4/7 6:30 AM NIK

Source: A variety of Tivo searches. Thanks Tivo!

Old 03-30-2005, 01:18 PM   #80
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Hey, remember those photos I shared of 1970's Cubs players playing basketball ?

Today's Chicago Tribune ran an article that mentioned those games. The players they mentioned were from earlier teams, but this is the most that I've read about these games recently.

Double players
When it comes to rooting for baseball in Chicago, these fans love their teams. Plural.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,7825535.story

Old 04-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #81
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Another tv listing...

Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame ... "Steve _______" 2003 Chicago Cubs playoff collapse.

Mon 4/11 7:30 PM Central time ESPN2

I generally avoid using this gentleman's full name. In my opinion he is not to blame for what happened 2 seasons ago. Am hoping this show reflects that opinion. We'll see.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:53 PM   #82
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Another tv listing...

Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame ... "Steve _______" 2003 Chicago Cubs playoff collapse.

Mon 4/11 7:30 PM Central time ESPN2

I generally avoid using this gentleman's full name. In my opinion he is not to blame for what happened 2 seasons ago. Am hoping this show reflects that opinion. We'll see.
Definitely not to blame. It's horrible what happened to the poor guy. (I have friend who works for his company, and dealt with some of it.) People really need to get over it.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #83
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Commentary: Stone returns to call Cubs

By Charles Elmore

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

...Stone has found gainful employment with ESPN after leaving Cubs broadcaster WGN, and he is calling them like he sees them when the Cubs face the Cardinals next week.

Read entire article at:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/...more_0412.html

Old 04-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #84
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Sammy's still The Show

Seasons removed from the Home Run Chase of '98, Sosa moves crowds and opponents, but Rays are not fazed.

By MARC TOPKIN, Times Staff Writer
Published April 12, 2005

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/04/12/Ra...The_Show.shtml

Article includes quotes from the Rays third baseman Alex Gonzalez, who used to be the Cubs shortstop.

Old 04-12-2005, 05:34 PM   #85
hefe
Rebus Philbin

You mean show-off?

Enjoy, Baltimore...

Old 04-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #86
DianaMo
Cubs fan

If you're looking for tonight's Cubs/Pirates game on Comcast Sports Chicago, it is scheduled to air on their PLUS network due to the Bulls game being played at the same time.

I called my local cable dudes to find out what channel it was on. Sadly, the PLUS channel is on the digital side, so folks who don't subscribe to a digital service won't be able to watch the game live tonight. It is scheduled to air again at 1:30am on the regular Comcast Sports Chicago channel. So we can set our Tivo's for that if we wish.

-------

Was talking with a Cubs fan fishing at the lake who said that the Cardinals sell an ALL CUBS/Cards season ticket package. Hmmmm.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #87
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Thumbs up TV listings for Chicago sports fans

MLB Baseball "Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals" Thu 4/21 12:00 PM ESPNHD , ESPN, Comcast Sports Chicago

The Sports List "Chicago Sports Moments" Wed 4/27 6:30 PM Fox Sports Chicago (includes the first night game at Wrigley Field. Who are those Cub players using the tarp as a slip and slide? I wish WGN would play that kind of footage more often.)

Top 5 Reasons You Can't Blame ... "Steve _______" 2003 Chicago Cubs playoff collapse. Tue 4/26 6:30 PM ESPN2
Reairs multiple times and channels including
Mon 5/2 8:00 PM ESPNCL
Check local listings or website for more times.

Not Cubs related, but since I haven't seen a Nationals home game on tv yet...
MLB Baseball "New York Mets at Washington Nationals" Sun 5/1 7:00 PM ESPN

My Father, the Baseball Player Descendants of Babe Ruth, Roberto Clemente, Walter Johnson, Ken Griffey and Roger Maris discuss growing up with a baseball great. Tue 5/3 12:00 PM ESPN Classics

ESPN25: Who's No. 1 "Biggest Chokes" Tue 5/3 7:00 PM ESPN Classic

MLB Video "St. Louis Cardinals History" Wed 5/4 2:00 PM ESPN Classic
(of no interest to Cubs fans)

Midsummer Memories: The History of the All-Star Game Clips and interviews detail the game's past; with Joe Torre, Reggie Jackson, Larry Doby, Tom Seaver, Roger Clemens, Cecil Fielder. Thu 5/5 12:00 PM ESPN Classic

Cheap Seats "1980 MLB All-Star Game" Hits and misses of the 1980 All-Star game. Mon 5/2 9:00 PM ESPN Classic

SportsCentury "Bobby Orr" Mon 5/2 11:00 AM ESPNCL

SportsCentury "Bears' 46 Defense" Thu 4/28 6:00 PM ESPNCL

NFL "1976: Raiders/Bears" From 11/7/76. Tue 4/26 7:30 AM ESPNCL

NFL Yearbook "1985 Chicago Bears" Fri 4/22 1:30 PM ESPNCL

-------------

NBA Finals Films "1991 Chicago Bulls: Learning to Fly" Bulls vs. Lakers. Mon 4/25 1:30 PM ESPN

NBA Finals Films "1992 Chicago Bulls: Untouchables" Bulls vs. Trail Blazers. Mon 4/25 2:00 PM ESPN

NBA Finals Films "1993 Chicago Bulls: Three-Peat" Bulls vs. Suns. Mon 4/25 2:30 PM ESPN

NBA Finals Films "1996 Chicago: Un-Stop-A-Bulls" Tue 4/26 12:30 PM ESPN

NBA Finals Films "1997: Chicago Bulls" Tue 4/26 1:00 PM ESPN

NBA Finals Films "1998 Chicago: Unforgetabulls" Tue 4/26 1:30 PM ESPN

60 Minutes on Classic "Michael Jordan" Diane Sawyer's 1987 interview with Michael Jordan; Lesley Stahl's sneaker wars investigation. Sat 4/23 2:00 AM ESPNCL

Space Jam (1996) NBA star Michael Jordan helps the good Looney Tuners take on the bad Monstars in a basketball game. Live action/animated. Sat 4/30 6:45 PM HB2W (multiple airtimes)

Up Close Michael Jordan. Thu 4/21 9:30 AM ESPNCL

-----------

Sell This House! "Chicago, Illinois: Carol Francis & Melissa Hill" Designer Roger Hazard tackles a Chicago multipurpose kitchen and living room. Sat 4/30 10:30 AM A&E

Smart Gardening Chicago's miniature garden railroads; choosing trees; gardening on a large scale; Filoli garden. Sat 4/30 3:30 PM 8006 KCET

Storm Stories "After School Twister" The worst tornado in Chicago history threatens children and teenagers just as school lets out. Tue 4/26 7:00 PM TWC

Surprise by Design "Home Away From Home" Chicago's Ronald McDonald House provides rooms to families whose children are hospitalized. Wed 4/27 11:00 AM DSC

Trading Spaces: Family "Chicago: Sheffield Place" Redesigning a living room and a kitchen. Sun 5/1 8:00 AM TLC

Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch (2002) The golden retriever joins a middle-school baseball team and searches for his missing offspring. Wed 4/27 7:00 PM DISNEY

Source: Tivo listings, of course! Thanks Tivo!

Feel free to read my ESPN HD Cubs game concerns here:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=236202

Old 04-21-2005, 02:37 PM   #88
itstrue
No, really

Quote:
ESPN25: Who's No. 1 "Biggest Chokes" Tue 5/3 7:00 PM ESPN Classic
ESPNCL
Can't wait to see which Cub choke is No. 1...is it 1969 or 2003?
itstrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #89
DianaMo
Cubs fan

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstrue
Can't wait to see which Cub choke is No. 1...is it 1969 or 2003?
< h i n t >

It would be the one that the producers of the program remember and the one with the best tv coverage. < / h i n t >

Old 04-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #90
DianaMo
Cubs fan

If paying for and missing the Cubs games in HDTV (on ESPN due to blackout rules) didn't cause enough disappointment, tonight's game against the Reds ( Paul Wilson vs. Mark Prior) is airing on WCIU...only.

Here is a list of the WCIU games:
www.wciu.com/whatsNewItem.asp?pub_id=738

It seems to me that it might be an idea to air the WCIU games on WGN cable (not local) since the non-local subscribers don't have access to WCIU (a local Chicago station) and you know - the more viewers there are, the more advertising revenue is brought in.

If not WGN cable, then perhaps the games could be "rented out" to non-Chicago PAX stations where there are some ads included and Pax is given some airtime to sell ads for too.

--------

For a photoshop commentary regarding the injuries of our shortstop and 2nd baseman, check out this webpage:

http://cubsfun.blogspot.com/2005/04/...his-month.html

-------

Shows that may be of interest to Chicagoans...

Storm Stories "After School Twister" The worst tornado in Chicago history threatens children and teenagers just as school lets out. Tue 4/26 7:00 PM TWC
(multiple airings - check listings)

The Sports List "Chicago Sports Moments" Wed 4/27 6:30 PM FSCH (Be sure to record this one!)

And of course, lots of programs right now regarding the Chicago Bulls, Michael Jordan, etc. Check the various ESPN channels if you're interested.