TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-13-2004, 06:15 PM   #181
weiditz

D10-200 receiver

hello, I just got the new Directv reciever D10-200 to enable me to receive local channels. I am trying to conect my Tivo series 2 to the receiver. I have everything working except the ability to change channels. I can use the IR wiring to change the channels but I have purchased the home control wiring from Tivo and have it in the serial output on the Tivo and the slow data port on the receiver. I am unable to change the channels. Is there a setting on either the Tivo or the Directv receiver I need to change. Thank you in advance for your help with this frustrating problem.

Mark
weiditz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 06:36 PM   #182
Blurayfan

The TiVo does have a menu setting that controls the Serial output.
TiVo.com How To Setup Serial Control. Select "Serial Cable with APG" this tells the DVR your receiver has an "Advanced Program Guide".

EDIT: As of sw upgrade 7.2 this setting is not visible to the user. 7.2 will detect what type of receiver you 're using automatically.

Last edited by Blurayfan : 06-20-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Blurayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:45 PM   #183
Alcatraz
Occasionally Helpful

Re: RCN Digital Cable with Quanta QCR2221 Boxes (Chicago)

Quote:
Originally posted by andymack
I finally got some help from RCN on getting the Quanta QCR2221 box to work with TiVo. They sent me a .pdf file with information they've gathered to help out us TiVo peeps.

This set up has actually worked very well in the past few days. I haven't even set up a tent yet and it's working fine so far. My only complaint/problem, and I don't know if they can ever address this, is that whenever you push any button on the TiVo remote, TiVo sends a signal to the cable box and the channel information banner pops up. So if you're doing something with the TiVo buttons while something is recording, when you go back to watch the recorded show, the banner pops up during all those times you ever pushed a Tivo button. This is extremely annoying, but at least the channel is changing properly for the recordings.

I hope this information helps. This is the latest info RCN has.

Did you ever end up using an IR tent to see if the TiVo remote was causing that banner to pop up?
Old 12-14-2004, 11:18 PM   #184
andymack

ir tent/quanta

Yes, I did do the IR tent and no more pop ups at all.
andymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 07:45 AM   #185
ClearToLand
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!

Lightbulb D-10 Models: The Suffix Is The Key...

Originally posted by weiditz: ...I just got the new Directv reciever D10-200 to enable me to receive local channels. I am trying to conect my Tivo series 2 to the receiver. I have everything working except the ability to change channels. I can use the IR wiring to change the channels but I have purchased the home control wiring from Tivo and have it in the serial output on the Tivo and the slow data port on the receiver. I am unable to change the channels...

D-10 Models: The Suffix Is The Key...

[hr]--------------------------------------------------

P.S. Charles: Possibly an addition to the OP for Thomson D10, listing the four models and pointing to the above LINK might be warranted at this time?

Sonic Blue ReplayTV 5040 (Lifetime) w/1 x 80GB Maxtor 5400RPM
Sonic Blue ReplayTV 5040 (Lifetime) Stock
Now - that exercise was sure educational!!!
ClearToLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:26 AM   #186
ccwf
国際化 Member

Re: D-10 Models: The Suffix Is The Key...

Quote:
Originally posted by ClearToLand

Charles: Possibly an addition to the OP for Thomson D10, listing the four models and pointing to the above LINK might be warranted at this time?
Thanks very much for that info. I'll indeed add it to the main post late today or tomorrow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

中日韓

Last edited by ccwf : 12-17-2004 at 10:58 AM.
ccwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:25 PM   #187
ccwf
国際化 Member

• Added info from ClearToLand and TiVo on the various DirecTV D10 receivers.
  • Emphasized that enter key option must be Yes for Samsung SIR-TS-360.
  • Added warning that attempting to connect to a set top box's IR port can damage both the TiVo DVR and the set top box.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 12-20-2004, 11:27 AM   #188
ccwf
国際化 Member

Just noting for history that, as of today, this Cable/Satellite Box Compatibility & Codes List thread is now the most viewed thread in the TiVo Help Center, having overtaken Lori's FAQ thread (and both passed 100,000 views this weekend).

TiVo

中日韓
Old 12-21-2004, 11:01 AM   #189
ClearToLand
Old !*#$% Tinkerer!

Quote:
Originally posted by ccwf
  • Added info from ClearToLand and TiVo on the various DirecTV D10 receivers.
"Accidentally truncated" LINK in OP: noted by poster ClearToLand

should be: D10 Models: The Suffix Is The Key...

And, CONGRATS on the View Count (*AND* THANKS for the effort!)

Sonic Blue ReplayTV 5040 (Lifetime) w/1 x 80GB Maxtor 5400RPM
Sonic Blue ReplayTV 5040 (Lifetime) Stock
Now - that exercise was sure educational!!!
ClearToLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 05:31 PM   #190
XtremeIT

I didn't have a DirecTV receiver when I received my Pioneer 810 so I used my Sony SAT-T60 TiVo with the Pioneer 810. I used the last code in the Sony list (High) with the Enter Key set to "Yes". Works Great...

Since I use my Pioneer 810 mostly as a recording/burning station, I haven't needed to change this setup and I save $4.99 a month since I don't need an additional DirecTV receiver with the 810.
Note: I haven't been able to find a code to work with either the Philips DSR6000 or Hughes GXECBOT and the Pioneer 810. Per Pioneer Tech Support, they have been told by TiVo Inc. that none of the above TiVo's will work with the Pioneer 810 (but the Sony SAT-T60 does).

Also, I use the Sony SAT-T60 to research programs that are beyond the 3 day Basic Service limit of the Pioneer 810. BTW, I have 4 Series 1 TiVo's including the Sony SAT-T60 that I pay a TOTAL of $4.99 to DirecTV for the TiVo Service so I can't image paying $12.99 a month for JUST 1 Pioneer 810 to get the same TiVo Service (TiVo Plus).

Last edited by XtremeIT : 12-30-2004 at 09:16 AM.
XtremeIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:08 AM   #191
mgtakahashi

Has anybody know the codes of a Fortec Star receiver?
mgtakahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #192
Victrola

I swear Ive been online all day trying to get help with this.

Is there ANY way possible to use TiVo with Comcast's Motorola DCT6412, any information would help me out. Ive tried code after code and none of them seem to help.
Victrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:48 PM   #193
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Victrola
I swear Ive been online all day trying to get help with this.

Is there ANY way possible to use TiVo with Comcast's Motorola DCT6412, any information would help me out. Ive tried code after code and none of them seem to help.
I assume the DCT6208 code doesn't work?

TiVo

中日韓
Old 01-02-2005, 05:06 PM   #194
Victrola

No, what is actually happening is that the cable box is showing that it IS changing but the channel is not on the screen at all, it stays on channel 4. I called TiVo for support, and they said I had to call Toshiba and Toshiba was closed.

I am just curious if it has something to do with the cable box I have, or maybe Im just lost and have something else I am doing wrong.
Victrola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:22 PM   #195
DJQuad
Poker Junkie

Re: Cable/Satellite Box Compatibility & Codes List

Quote:
Originally posted by ccwf
Motorola DCT2000 series (includes DCT2224 and DCT2244): first, try serial or 10006-Medium

For Series2 TiVo DVRs, first, try using serial if the cable company has enabled it following the TiVo's articleChanging Channels on a DCT2000 Series Cable Box Using the Serial Control Cable. Although serial might not be any more reliable than optimally configured IR, serial is very easy to setup; whereas achieving the best possible IR configuration is not easy with these particular boxes.
Wow Charles, thanks for the post.

Comcast just replaced my box with a DCT2224/1362/ACDE because the higher channels wouldn't come in. I was (and still am) having a problem with the IR Blaster dropping the first digit (and sometimes even the second and third).

I got my TiVo about a month ago. I'll try building the "fort" and if that doesn't work I'll try the serial. It looks like a 24 pin. Does anyone know if 9 pins were on older or newer models? I believe my TiVo box just came with a 9 pin.
DJQuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:23 PM   #196
philigrrl

I have a Coolbox 2 "Smartbox" and it does indeed work with the Orbit Codes!
3 digits, no enter key, 10017 Fast is perfect - thanks Helpcenter!

- A
philigrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:54 PM   #197
voshyloshy

Arrow PANSAT 2500A

I just got a toshiba sd h400 and I love it, but I cant get the IR to work with my PANSAT 2500A, I called Toshiba NO HELP!!! I called TIVO cant help also...has anyone done this? are they Compatible? HELP A BROTHER OUT.
voshyloshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:36 PM   #198
ccwf
国際化 Member

Re: PANSAT 2500A

Quote:
Originally posted by voshyloshy
I just got a toshiba sd h400 and I love it, but I cant get the IR to work with my PANSAT 2500A, I called Toshiba NO HELP!!!
TiVo does not support changing channels on C-Band receivers.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 01-27-2005, 03:01 PM   #199
Button2

Exclamation DISH PVR501

DISH PVR 501

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I looked for the PVR 501 and didn't see it, so thought I would add it to this list--which is great, by the way!

Codes that I found worked like a charm are:

10001 Fast (also Slow and Medium)

10011 Fast (also Slow and Medium)

10043 Fast (also Slow and Medium)

Hope this helps someone!

Button2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #200
AZKev

Series 1?

I have read through the entire thread (phew!) and haven't seen where you can directly enter codes with a series 1. I called both TiVo and Sony, but got shrugged shoulders about how to do this. They both directed me to this forum, but couldn't tell me how to use any code other than those in the Series 1 box list.

Am I missing something here, or are all of these posts for Series 2 and I'm stuck with the Series 1? I went from Dish to Cox with Scientific Atlanta boxes that are not listed in the Series 1 list. Nothing seems to work.
AZKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:42 AM   #201
febtober

Toshiba RS-TX20 and Zenith HD SAT520

Hi all!

Any new developments getting Tivo to change channels on a Zenith HD SAT520? I read all posts to this thread, and cannot find any successful codes for this receiver. Can someone point me in the right direction? Sat recevier has no serial control, I have tried all zenith codes, have 3 different working IR emitters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!
febtober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 12:20 PM   #202
ccwf
国際化 Member

Re: Series 1?

Quote:
Originally posted by AZKev
Am I missing something here, or are all of these posts for Series 2 and I'm stuck with the Series 1? I went from Dish to Cox with Scientific Atlanta boxes that are not listed in the Series 1 list.
All TiVo models should have the same IR codes for cable/satellite boxes, whether they are Series2 or not.

If you don't see an option to select an IR code, you've probably told the TiVo DVR you are using cable without a cable box. In that case, you will need to repeat guided setup and tell the TiVo DVR you now have cable with a cable box.

If you have a Scientific Atlanta model not listed in the main post, please post your model number in a separate thread, and I and others will investigate.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 02-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #203
AZKev

Ah, but you don't understand my issue with the Sony SVR2000 version of TiVo.

I get the IR list, but the Scientific Atlanta 3250 Explorer is not on the list. You have a code listed in your sticky post. How do I program that code in? Other than scrolling down through hundreds of models to find that same code for another box?

There must be a way to use the TiVo button along with the power button to directly input the code the SA 3250 Explorer needs.

So, if it's not on the list then my TiVo doesn't work with it? I doubt that. However after talking with TiVo and Sony customer support, neither knows how to program in the code you state works with the SA 3250. Nor have I found that information here, as well as the TiVo or Sony websites.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:54 PM   #204
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
AI get the IR list, but the Scientific Atlanta 3250 Explorer is not on the list. You have a code listed in your sticky post. How do I program that code in? Other than scrolling down through hundreds of models to find that same code for another box?
Exact menu sequence varies by TiVo model but it should be something like the following:
  1. Messages & Setup
  2. Recorder & Phone Setup
  3. Cable/Satellite Box
  4. Cable Box Setup
  5. Scientific Atlanta
  6. Enter the options and code given in the main post

TiVo

中日韓

Last edited by ccwf : 04-14-2005 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:53 PM   #205
AZKev

1. Messages & Setup OK
2. Recorder & Phone Setup OK
3. Cable/Satellite Box OK
4. Cable Box Setup OK
5. Scientific Atlanta OK
6. Enter the options and code given in the main post No can do

Mine only has a list - you either select slow medium or fast.
So no 3250 Explorer under Scientific Atlanta, therefore nothing near the correct code.

Looks like no more TiVo for me. Sorry to see that TiVO created dead end technology.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:45 AM   #206
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Mine only has a list - you either select slow medium or fast.
So no 3250 Explorer under Scientific Atlanta, therefore nothing near the correct code.
There is no list of cable box model numbers. If that is what you are looking for, you will not find it. But the TiVo DVR does have a list of IR codes for Scientific Atlanta cable boxes, which is all you need. Once you have selected the Scientific Atlanta menu item, select IR code 00018-Fast in almost all cases. If 00018-Fast is not visible on the first page, keep hitting the down arrow until you see more IR codes.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 03-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #207
Korey

Thumbs up Dish Network 4900 - Echostar

Dish Network 4900 - Firmware v217 - Remote Address 1. Works flawlessly using code 10011 (Fast, Medium or Slow) in the Dish Network section, not the Echostar section.

Last edited by Korey : 03-02-2005 at 08:17 AM.
Korey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:15 AM   #208
fedup

Help! We just got Tivo for Christmas and have been enjoying it. This past week we received messages saying Tivo was unable to access the phone line to get program information. We checked all the phone lines and kept trying to reconnect for a period of days - nothing. Yesterday Tivo sent a message that it cannot access the phone line so we lost all the Season Passes, etc. Now I cannot get it to work at all. Called Tivo Customer Service. They said since we have Optimum Cablevision for our phones and internet, we should either 1) create a home network system or 2) every two weeks take the Tivo machine to a neighbor with a regular phone line to program it. Does this sound ridiculous to anyone else? I inquired how to set up a home network system, but the technician didn't know how. My computer is in my office on the other side of the house from my Tivo. Anyone have any useful suggestions? I'm missing my Tivo ) :
fedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:34 AM   #209
JimSpence
Just hangin'

This question should be asked in another thread. This particular thread is for listing compatibility problems/solutions between TiVos and STBs.

Do a search to find other threads with this problem. See the HMO forum for how to set it up on a network.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #210
rrman

I have the RCA DRD486RH (its firmware was last updated September 2004). My TiVo is the Toshiba RS-TX20 Series 2 DVD recorder.

After using the IR blaster for a couple of days, the serial cable that I ordered from TiVo finally arrived. It works faster than IR. I configured TiVo's settings to use serial with the AGP mode. It works great!

Another nice feature that I noticed with the serial cable is: if my RCA DRD486RH happens to be off, and my Tivo sends it a channel change command, it causes the RCA to turn on automatically. The serial cable is definitely worth it!
rrman is offline   Reply With Quote