TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-30-2004, 04:37 AM   #121
digitol

cool . this is gay, i have to post some **** b4 i help others with links here owe well.
digitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #122
gdunning

Question Group the Now Playing List

Any idea how to Group the Now Playing List on a Series 1 TiVo? I've turned on the sorting feature but can't seem to find anything that allows me to group programs into a common folder. This is apparently the default setting for Series 2. Is this feature even available for Series 1?

Thanks in advance,
Gregg
gdunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #123
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
You can't group them into a folder, but you can sort them alphabetically, which may be sorta just as helpful, kinda sorta.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 04:53 PM   #124
gdunning

Thanks...that's what I was afraid of.
gdunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:55 PM   #125
cyberman30

Any updates on when DirecTV TiVos will get version 6?

Thanks,
Cyberman30
cyberman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:21 AM   #126
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

HA! Fat chance.

DTV is dumping TiVo, most likely. No HMO yet, why would they do it now?
ThreeSoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:17 PM   #127
cyberman30

One of the guys over at DBSForums.com that works at DirecTV said it was due out as early as the middle of January, but said HMO was likely not a part of it. He said it may have folders, but wasn't at liberty to divulge much else about the other planned features. I just was curious if anyone else has heard any updates on whether the release is still on schedule for January?

Thanks,
Cyberman30
Old 01-16-2005, 12:23 PM   #128
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

This seems odd with their announcement about going with their own (NDS?) DVR.

Maybe they're hedging their bets and allowing them the out of keeping TiVo on board in case their customers really hate the new box.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:42 PM   #129
GMFreak8

OK, I have Philips HDR212. I want to slow down the modem for compatibility with my CallVantage line, I've entered the codes in the calling prefix, and it still doesn't help. I tried dialing out through dialup on my computer and it goes through fine, I can connect and everything so its something that I must be doing wrong on my Tivo. Any suggestions.
GMFreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:03 AM   #130
dhx1138

I have a new Humax DRT800 (apparently running s/w vers 5.4.1), do I really have to hack the backdoor code just to get access to the Disk Usage Stats? I really don't want to take the time to pull the disk out and go through all that hassle. I can't believe TiVo hasn't made that statistic more easily accessible (or have they and I'm an idiot?) I mean what are they afraid of disclosing by allowing "normal" people to see it? It is really useful to know how much disk space I have free. Maybe I will try to start a compaign at Microsoft to get that information removed from Windows! Ugh!
dhx1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #131
joeateb

Version 6

[quote]Originally posted by cyberman30
[b]Any updates on when DirecTV TiVos will get version 6?

I just joined this forum, the version on my box at the moment is 6.1.

Came here looking for back door codes. Any known ones?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2005, 09:42 PM   #132
cyberman30

Joeateb,

What model is your box? If it is a DIRECTV R10, then it is the new box that already has version 6. If it is another brand model that is a series 2 box then that means the update may be starting to release to these boxes.

Thanks,
Cyberman30
Old 01-27-2005, 02:43 PM   #133
joeateb

Mine is a new box, just recently purchased. Do know of any capabilities for version 6? I'm particulary interested in what can be done with the ethernet connection since I have a home computer network.
Thanks.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:51 PM   #134
photo1rick

remote tricks

I APPRECIATE YOU HELP YOU GAVE ME THE ANSWER I NEEDED ANDA COUPLE OF MORE TRICKS I WILL USE THANKS AGAIN. THIS WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA TO POST THIS FOR OTHERS WITH THESE ISUES. THANKS AGAIN DAN
Old 02-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #135
BRACEAND

Wink Thanks for the help

Thanks for your response. This was really more info than I wanted. I wanted the shortcuts which I printed, I am not ready to mess with backdoor programs.
BRACEAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #136
SubMan337

Anyone have a code for "rewind to start" during playback? I currently use "skip to end" - "now playing" - "select" and "play" to do the same thing.
I know for a fact that I've somehow gotten it to do this accidentally in the past. It would be nice to be able to do it on purpose sometimes.
Thanks for any help!
SubMan337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:58 PM   #137
cyberman30

There is no code here. Simply use your skip-to-end button while it is in skip-to-end mode. Pressing this button repeatedly toggles back and forth to the beginning and end so you can go to either place during playback. If you have the thirty second skip enabled, you will need to disable it to change it back to skip-to-end using Select - Play - Select- 3 - 0 - Select (listen for three dings) as it will only keep advancing thirty seconds while in this mode. You can simply enter the same code to get it back to thirty second skip mode or to get it in that mode if not already. If you need to use this code, enter it while playing something back from the now playing list.

Thanks,
Cyberman30
Old 02-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #138
vincegreco

sps codes

I've found that:

1-slower, more deliberate key presses work better

2-press "pause" first-it seems to set up commands better--not necessary, but, tivo responds to the commands more reliably

vin
Old 03-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #139
david_sherwood

Using TiVo to record Video Surveillance

I've hooked a few cameras into a video modulator that merges into TiVo. I've programmed these to go on channel 80.

My question: How do I QUICKLY view those channels live (for example if I hear a doorbell). I can use the LIVE TV button IF nothing else is being recorded--however, if something is being recorded, it takes like 10 steps to get to a channel I want. Is there a shortcut to go instantly to that channel to watch it live?

Also, is there a way to tell TiVo to record this channel ALL THE TIME UNLESS I tell it to record something else. Basically, I'd like 160 hours (my capacity) of video surveillance minus whatever useless dribble I've decided to record off of network TV.

Thanks in advance. I did search through the archives but couldn't find the hack I was looking for.

david_sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:03 PM   #140
mick66
Dirty Burger

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_sherwood
I've hooked a few cameras into a video modulator that merges into TiVo. I've programmed these to go on channel 80.

My question: How do I QUICKLY view those channels live (for example if I hear a doorbell). I can use the LIVE TV button IF nothing else is being recorded--however, if something is being recorded, it takes like 10 steps to get to a channel I want. Is there a shortcut to go instantly to that channel to watch it live?

Also, is there a way to tell TiVo to record this channel ALL THE TIME UNLESS I tell it to record something else. Basically, I'd like 160 hours (my capacity) of video surveillance minus whatever useless dribble I've decided to record off of network TV.

Thanks in advance. I did search through the archives but couldn't find the hack I was looking for.

To record the security video I'd recommend setting up several daily manual recordings of 2 - 6 hours each. That's 12 2 hour recordings or 4 6 hour recordings, but you can do what ever you want. Then when you set up a recording of regular tv, it will ask you if you want to cancel the manual recording set for that time or if you want to not record what you just scheduled.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #141
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66
To record the security video I'd recommend setting up several daily manual recordings of 2 - 6 hours each. That's 12 2 hour recordings or 4 6 hour recordings, but you can do what ever you want. Then when you set up a recording of regular tv, it will ask you if you want to cancel the manual recording set for that time or if you want to not record what you just scheduled.
Yeah, I was gonna suggest this. You could even do as many as 48 half hour increments, if you want to maximize how much security video you get.

This idea would even work well with season passes and wishlists. Make sure your umpteen manual security recordings are last in the priority list, is all.

Very early on in my TiVohood I sent a suggestion to TiVo (or posted it here?) that these would be great for security footage.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:45 PM   #142
jshu

back door code

is there a back door code for the 7x version? also does any one know why the link for the sonic 15 day trial doesnt work on tivo website
jshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:00 PM   #143
juanian

Usable codes for 7.1 TiVo

Is there a list of the remote codes that work with the latest version 7.1b TiVos? Most codes don't work anymore (sob).

Thanks
Old 05-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #144
juanian

Arrow

(sigh) guess not.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:41 PM   #145
director59

Stupid question

I know this is a stupid question, but how do I find my software version on a HNS SD DVR40? Also do you have to have BD enabled for the SPS codes to work?

Last edited by director59 : 05-08-2005 at 03:51 PM. Reason: another question
director59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #146
cyberman30

I have received a blue postcard from DIRECTV saying the 6.2 upgrade for TiVo units is coming very soon. I contacted a customer service representative and he said it should happen between now and June. I went to the upgrade information page on the DIRECTV website and it confirmed the upgrade will download soon.

Thanks,
Cyberman30
Old 05-21-2005, 06:03 PM   #147
rohdekill

30 Second Skip

I am unable to make this work, tried the SPS30S code, but to no avail on ver. 7.1

Any thoughts? I miss my skip!
rohdekill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 06:07 PM   #148
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

Both SPS30S (30 second skip) and SPSpauseS (make the green scroll bar disappear quickly) work fine for me on 7.1 (a and b both).
Old 05-21-2005, 10:30 PM   #149
ashu
User title defunct

Enter the SPS sequences while watching a recorded show, not during (buffered) Live TV!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Too many TiVos!)

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo!
So little time! So much to know!
ashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:04 PM   #150
GriffinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan
I don't have the time/energy to search for it for you now, but it's been described in this forum several times how to change the backdoor code for TiVos running 3.1/3.2/4.0 by taking out the drive and modifying the disk directly.

Search for it and you can find a description for free, (or you could always pay someone to describe it for you again in extreme detail if you really wanted).. It's all there..
I have spent many hours searching this forum for backdoor codes for 4.x. I am willing to take the HD out and put it in my PC, which is how I got my HDVR2 to 4.01 to begin with (InstantCake). I understand that there is no backdoor code that can be entered with the remote, that I need to make some sort of change to a file, but I cannot find that info.

Searching for "backdoor" "codes" "4.01" "4.x" and various combinations of these terms yields sometimes hundreds of threads, and some of the threads have thousands of postings. I have read through them for days, and I can find lots of references (like the one I quoted above) that they exist, and advising people that all one needs to do is just search for them, but I can not find them. If some kind soul out there has the info bookmarked and can post the link here (whether it is on this forum or elsewhere) I would really appreciate it. If you could even just tell me exactly WHAT I need to search for to find this info, I will do the legwork myself. but nothing I have tried has yielded any info about how to enable the backdoors on 4.01.

Thanks for any help offered,

Griffin