Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2004, 02:51 PM   #151
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by edmartin
I can't find any reference to GAEBOA in your list or first post.
Look for the Hughes Director GAEB0 entry. (I know the main post has gotten unwieldy. I intend to supplement it with a more readable web page.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

中日韓
ccwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:07 PM   #152
odiaz001

RCN Cable Chicago - Quanta Box

I just subscribed to RCN cable and they gave me a Quanta QCR2221 box. Has any one used this box? I have tried using a Motorala channel code, 10006-medium and an RCN tech has suggested using 10042-medium. I had Tivo set up to record and this morning I found out the box had been switched off. Also, the RCN channel banner seems to come up randomly and it looks as if the Tivo box randomly tries to change the channels. I am using both Tivo-provided IR emitters with no "tent".
odiaz001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:15 PM   #153
ccwf
国際化 Member

Re: RCN Cable Chicago - Quanta Box

Quote:
Originally posted by odiaz001
I just subscribed to RCN cable and they gave me a Quanta QCR2221 box. Has any one used this box? I have tried using a Motorala channel code, 10006-medium and an RCN tech has suggested using 10042-medium. I had Tivo set up to record and this morning I found out the box had been switched off. Also, the RCN channel banner seems to come up randomly and it looks as if the Tivo box randomly tries to change the channels. I am using both Tivo-provided IR emitters with no "tent".
The only advice so far is what you've seen yourself: assume the QCR2221 is a DCT2000 series box with some custom RCN firmware. See the specific advice for DCT2000 series boxes and the general Motorola notes.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 08-31-2004, 08:58 AM   #154
11ball

My Panasonic Replay TV box will control a Vortex View with 0883, one of 5 codes for Radio Shack. However my Sony TiVo will not operate the Vortex Veiw on its Radio Shack codes. Have you found anything for Vortex View on TiVo???
11ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:50 PM   #155
ccwf
国際化 Member

Added info on how to get to the diagnostics pages on Scientific Atlanta Explorer boxes, which includes signal quality information.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 09-09-2004, 06:30 PM   #156
chandler1818

GI DPV7212

I have tried all of the motorola, GI, jerrold and clearview codes and none work. Anyone with any suggestions out there?
Tivo 2- 40 hours.
I need the box for premium channels from comcast.
chandler1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:35 PM   #157
jewgrass

Cool Cablevision SA4200 box update

To get around the new four digit channel delay, use code 0018-Fast, enter option YES. Works like a charm.
jewgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 07:26 PM   #158
andymack

RCN Digital Cable with Quanta QCR2221 Boxes (Chicago)

I finally got some help from RCN on getting the Quanta QCR2221 box to work with TiVo. They sent me a .pdf file with information they've gathered to help out us TiVo peeps.

First, they recommend placing only one of the 2 IR blasters on top of the cable box, adhered to the box and "protruding prominently" (as far out front as possible). They also recommended building an IR tent.

During guided setup, they recommend using 60601, 60062, or 60661 for the zip code. For the cable box brand, they say to choose Motorola. They say use IR code 100042 at medium speed.

This set up has actually worked very well in the past few days. I haven't even set up a tent yet and it's working fine so far. My only complaint/problem, and I don't know if they can ever address this, is that whenever you push any button on the TiVo remote, TiVo sends a signal to the cable box and the channel information banner pops up. So if you're doing something with the TiVo buttons while something is recording, when you go back to watch the recorded show, the banner pops up during all those times you ever pushed a Tivo button. This is extremely annoying, but at least the channel is changing properly for the recordings.

I hope this information helps. This is the latest info RCN has.

One more thing. The .pdf file does not mention this, but I have found it to be true. When setting up your channel changing preferences, you have to specify that you have a 2-digit cable box, NOT a 3-digit cable box. I know it makes no sense, but it works, even for recording 3-digit channels.
andymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 08:27 PM   #159
ccwf
国際化 Member

Thanks, andymack. I've updated the QCR2221 entry with your helpful information.

Would RCN mind if you posted the PDF they sent you? You can post a follow-up with the PDF as an attachment (possibly only after first making five posts).

TiVo

中日韓
Old 10-03-2004, 03:56 PM   #160
andymack

RCN Digital Cable with Quanta QCR2221 Boxes (Chicago)... RCN's .pdf file

You're right I haven't posted enough times to include a link or attachment. If you go to the RCN/Quanta thread on the TiVo Support Forum (which ccwf includes a link to in the Quanta section of the cable codes list), there is a link to the .pdf file posted by megazone. It's on page 2 of the thread.
andymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:08 AM   #161
11ball

Vortex view sucess!

Quote:
Originally posted by 11ball
My Panasonic Replay TV box will control a Vortex View with 0883, one of 5 codes for Radio Shack. However my Sony TiVo will not operate the Vortex Veiw on its Radio Shack codes. Have you found anything for Vortex View on TiVo???
After some extensive noodling around I found that the Orbit - OO17 code will control the Vortex View box.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:25 PM   #162
11ball

vortex view code

Yes, you're right - for the Vortex View box the code is 10017. I must have omitted the first digit in my posting. Code can be found under "Orbit" in the set up list. I'm using "fast", "two digits", and "NO" on sending the Enter Key. It's a little slow, especially on channels 1-9, but it works and has been reliable.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:44 PM   #163
chezchas

ccwf -

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I really appreciate the thorough job you did organizing this material about channel changing which is so critical to Tivo users.

I have a Motorola DCT2244 cable box (although it's branded as a General Instruments box) and I have a Series 1 Tivo box. I recently experienced the "unable-to-change-to-channels-with-6-in-them" problem.

As you recommended, I switched to IR code 10006-Medium, and voila, the problem was solved! Without your help, this "phantom" problem might have driven me nuts!
chezchas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 01:29 PM   #164
rrife

Re: SIR-TS360 IR Code

Quote:
Originally posted by mohanram
I have a Samsung SIR-Ts360 HDTV reciever and my Tivo is unable to change channels on this receiver properly. It misses the first few digits of the channel on most occassions. So changing to channel 506 results in changing to channel 06 or sometimes 6

Does anyone know of the correct IR codes for this receiver. I am using 10062. But I am having all the above problems with this code. This code worked fine on the SIR-TS160

Raj
Where you (or others) able to figure out a working IR code or Serial/RF solution for the Samsung TS360? I've tried the 10069, which works really fast (regardless of speed setting) but it frequently fails to input the first number. I've also tried the 10068 but it fails to press the enter button after the numeric input so it takes about 7 seconds to change the channel. I also called Tivo where I was pretty much told there was nothing they could do for me.
rrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 01:40 PM   #165
ccwf
国際化 Member

Re: Re: SIR-TS360 IR Code

Quote:
Originally posted by rrife
Where you (or others) able to figure out a working IR code or Serial/RF solution for the Samsung TS360? I've tried the 10069, which works really fast (regardless of speed setting) but it frequently fails to input the first number. I've also tried the 10068 but it fails to press the enter button after the numeric input so it takes about 7 seconds to change the channel.
That's basically the situation. As noted in the main post, one of 10068/10069 is slow and the other is unreliable. Serial should work if you run it through a computer and write a program to translate the codes to the Crestron protocol.

I don't know if any has tried the fast, unreliable code in combination with an IR tent/fort. It's possible the first digit is being dropped for the same reason as Motorola cable boxes, which get confused by the IR coming from the TiVo remote.

Is the first digit often dropped even when TiVo is changing channels itself for a recording? Or is the first digit only dropped when using the remote to change channels? If the latter, definitely try the IR tent/fort.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 10-09-2004, 02:06 PM   #166
rrife

Re: Re: Re: SIR-TS360 IR Code

Quote:
Originally posted by ccwf
That's basically the situation. As noted in the main post, one of 10068/10069 is slow and the other is unreliable. Serial should work if you run it through a computer and write a program to translate the codes to the Crestron protocol.

I don't know if any has tried the fast, unreliable code in combination with an IR tent/fort. It's possible the first digit is being dropped for the same reason as Motorola cable boxes, which get confused by the IR coming from the TiVo remote.

Is the first digit often dropped even when TiVo is changing channels itself for a recording? Or is the first digit only dropped when using the remote to change channels? If the latter, definitely try the IR tent/fort.
Well the digits getting dropped is completely random and sometimes it's one digit, sometimes two and sometimes it works just fine (rarely though). Wonder if somebody could make something like the APG converter located at patersontech.com or contact that developer have and him/her build the device (or flash the existing one) to work with the samsung serial port??
rrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 02:12 PM   #167
ccwf
国際化 Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: SIR-TS360 IR Code

Quote:
Originally posted by rrife
Wonder if somebody could make something like the APG converter located at patersontech.com or contact that developer have and him/her build the device (or flash the existing one) to work with the samsung serial port??
That would be Tim Paterson, the original author of DOS. He and I have exchanged a few posts over in the Replay forum, and his site has a link to this list.

Not knowing any details of the Crestron protocol and not being a real hardware guy, I don't know how difficult this would be.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 11-05-2004, 09:25 AM   #168
rickt

I am seriously struggling with a Motorola DCT1800. I am not able to get it accept anything at all. Erratic behavior would be a step in the right direction.

I have tried every code, setting up fort, etc. I have the cable plugged into IR, not serial. I'm pretty sure I can see the IR sensor. I have tried various configurations of the IR emitters, left/right, up/down, closer/further... nothing.

I am beginning to wonder if the tivo is even sending a signal at all. Is there a way to confirm this either way?
rickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:39 AM   #169
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rickt
I am seriously struggling with a Motorola DCT1800. I am not able to get it accept anything at all. Erratic behavior would be a step in the right direction.

I have tried every code, setting up fort, etc. I have the cable plugged into IR, not serial. I'm pretty sure I can see the IR sensor. I have tried various configurations of the IR emitters, left/right, up/down, closer/further... nothing.

I am beginning to wonder if the tivo is even sending a signal at all. Is there a way to confirm this either way?
You can use most digital cameras to see whether or not IR is coming from the tips of TiVo's IR emitter cable. There are some posts with details about halfway through this thread.

Motorola boxes seem to work best with the emitter taped to the front of the cable box directly over the IR sensor. The Xantech stick-on IR emitters seem to work particularly well (better than TiVo's IR emitters) for DCT2000 series cable box owners and might be worth a try.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 11-05-2004, 02:23 PM   #170
rickt

I gave up and had Comcast swap it with a better box. I asked for a box with digital sound output and they gave me a DCT2524 which has the serial interface. It works like a charm. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-05-2004, 06:33 PM   #171
himomer

rickt--how easy was it for you to get comcast to switch your box. I have a serial port, but still have to use the IR connection as i couldnt get the serial to work. The IR is AWFUL takes no less than 10-15 seconds to change channels. Any tips would be well appreciated.
himomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 07:50 PM   #172
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by himomer
The IR is AWFUL takes no less than 10-15 seconds to change channels. Any tips would be well appreciated.
10–15 seconds is an awfully long time. If it takes many, many seconds before TiVo even starts sending the digits for the new channel, that can indicate stray IR. TiVo waits until there is no stray IR before sending the channel change, probably because stray IR causes popular Motorola cable boxes to change channels incorrectly.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 11-05-2004, 09:45 PM   #173
himomer

Yeah, its way too long! I was looking forward to my TiVo but thanks to comcast, I can't enjoy it. And, of course the CSR said "The serial port does not work because it is not compatible with TiVo, it only works with our DVR that is just like TiVo". I'm going to become a nuisance and see if that can help the situation. BTW, what exactly is a serial port, is it only for remotes or is it used for other equipment? Any ideas as to how I could get it activated would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:44 PM   #174
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
BTW, what exactly is a serial port, is it only for remotes or is it used for other equipment? Any ideas as to how I could get it activated would be greatly appreciated.
The serial port is another way of changing channels. You get it activated by complaining to the cable company to get it activated. If the cable company doesn't know how to activate it, there are instructions for cable company personnel in the main post on what they need to do to activate it. If they lie and say it doesn't work with TiVo, I don't know—maybe ask if you can record their answer so you can file a complaint with the government for purposely giving out erroneous information to damage another company???

TiVo

中日韓
Old 11-06-2004, 02:51 PM   #175
rickt

Quote:
rickt--how easy was it for you to get comcast to switch your box. I have a serial port, but still have to use the IR connection as i couldnt get the serial to work. The IR is AWFUL takes no less than 10-15 seconds to change channels. Any tips would be well appreciated.
They were very helpful, surprisingly. I basically told them that I needed a box that supported digital sound. They told me to take my box to the local service center and they MAY have a different box. I took it down, they did have some different boxes so we did a little swap. Completely painless.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:19 PM   #176
ccwf
国際化 Member

Big Grin

Added link via the Wayback Machine to a very nice-looking IR tent a forum member made and once posted about.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 11-06-2004, 10:56 PM   #177
himomer

guess i'll try a tent until i get the serial issue resolved
Old 11-22-2004, 01:51 AM   #178
CRogers

I have a Dish 522 that I would like to work with my TiVo. (I know, the 522 has its own DVR, but I prefer TiVo.) I have tried all of the channel codes, including the EchoStar 10001-Fast code recommended for the Dish 322/522 in the Cable/Satellite Box Compatibility & Codes List in this forum. Nothing works. Does anybody have a suggestion?
CRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:04 PM   #179
rsmirlock

Re: i3 Micro Cable Box

This was posted back in March, but I never saw a solution posted, so thought I'd post the solution I found to the Myrio box:

Choose "I3 Micro" as your cable box, then Code 10073 from the code choice list. Worked fine for me.

Good luck

--------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by Subbacultcha
Help!

Just convinced the wife to ditch Adelphia for a new cable startup in our town, Oxford Networks, and now our TiVo wont change channels.

After three calls to TiVo customer service, they basically told me I was out of luck... Anybody know the codes for this box:

Marketed by "Myrio" (their logo is on the remote), and manufactured by i3 Micro of Sweden. Tiny little silver unit with a large opaque blue plastic swath across the front, no clock or channel indicator, just 3 really bright blue lights...

Do I need some kind of euro code, or perhaps a different freq. ir flasher?

TiVo suggested codes from Scientific Atlanta, General instruments, and Next Level Communications, none worked...

Thanks for looking,
Subbacultcha

rsmirlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:47 PM   #180
ccwf
国際化 Member

Re: Re: i3 Micro Cable Box

Quote:
Originally posted by rsmirlock
This was posted back in March, but I never saw a solution posted, so thought I'd post the solution I found to the Myrio box:

Choose "I3 Micro" as your cable box, then Code 10073 from the code choice list. Worked fine for me.
Thanks for the new info. I guess TiVo added new IR codes for this box since the original problem report.

TiVo

中日韓