TiVo Tinker

Quote:
Originally posted by Davyburns
Thanks, fella's
hadn't looked!!!
Still cant get my playing now list in alphabetical order though:-(

Anyone any ideaas?
Davy
Sorry Davy, you're out of luck on this one. SORT doesn't work in 2.5. It came out with version 3.0.

-Jerry
HR10-250 - 77HD hrs
HR10-250 - 63HD hrs
Philips DSR7000 - 240SD hrs
jerrymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:01 AM   #92
rpmws

Question repeat

Wondering if anyone knows how to set TIVO to automatically replay a show after it's completed? I have a 2 year old that loves to sleep to her favorite shows but wakes up when the show is over. This feature would help us sleep!!! haha, any help would be great.
==============
(5) HDVR2 DirecTV Tivos fully ready to be networked for HMO!!!!!!!!! waiting!!!

(2) HDVR2 2 x 120GB Maxtor drives
(2) HDVR2 2 x 40GB stock drives
rpmws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 05:15 PM   #93
davidm

FYI:

Slow-Zero-Rec-ThumbUp sorting in Now Playing works without backdoors enabled on an unsubbed 3.0 SA HDR212.
davidm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:35 PM   #94
screett

I have software version 3.1.1. How do you enable the backdoor, and how do you enter these codes? Do you always enter these codes in the search by title screen? That is the only area where I see alphanumeric digits. When are spaces used in these codes?

Thanks,

Screett
screett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 09:26 PM   #95
screett

Nevermind. I guess the backdoor isn't available on 3.1.1 yet? How do I enter the 30-second skip? I tried select, play, select, 3,0, select and I do get the confimation beeps, but it doesn't skip ahead 30 seconds. Instead, it now skips about 1 second ahead. How do I enter this in 3.1.1?

Thanks,

Screett
Old 07-18-2004, 10:45 PM   #96
5 ACES

You should enable the 30 second skip while you are watching a recorded show. Go to your now playing list, pick a recorded show, play it and then enter the codes. People have had problems with the skip feature when they enabled it on live TV.
5 ACES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:58 PM   #97
screett

I did it while watching a recording. I get the confirmation beeps, but it only skips ahead one second.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:08 PM   #98
vdubuclet

backdoor check

Is there a way to check to see if backdoors in enabled. I can do the 0 thumbs down in now playing to get the HMO info screen, but I cannot access the disk usage screen, using 0 thumbs up in the pick programs to record screen
vdubuclet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 06:40 PM   #99
samkool

is there 30 second skip for version 2 yet?

when i do the s-p-s-3-0-s i get the 3 beeps, but the intended function does not work.

any help is greatly appreciated.

toshiba sd-h400 [tivo/dvd player combo]
samkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 07:00 PM   #100
horwitz

Re: backdoor check

Quote:
Originally posted by vdubuclet
Is there a way to check to see if backdoors in enabled. I can do the 0 thumbs down in now playing to get the HMO info screen, but I cannot access the disk usage screen, using 0 thumbs up in the pick programs to record screen
What version are you running?

I have 3.0 on a series 1 and I know that backdoors are enabled because when I go to Messages & Setup -> System Information, the top line is "Backdoors: ENABLED!"

FWIW, I think the 0-Thumbs Up code only works for 4.0.
horwitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:10 PM   #101
vdubuclet

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What version are you running?

I have 3.0 on a series 1 and I know that backdoors are enabled because when I go to Messages & Setup -> System Information, the top line is "Backdoors: ENABLED!"

FWIW, I think the 0-Thumbs Up code only works for 4.0.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am running version 4.0 on a Dtvio. I did not see backdoors enabled in the system info screen.
vdubuclet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:19 PM   #102
RML51

Do any codes work on the HR10-250?

Just got a new HR10-250 and was wondering if anyone has tried entering any of these codes. I briefly tried the 30 second skip and didn't have any luck. Has anyone had any success with these?
RML51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:29 PM   #103
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Quote:
Originally posted by Davyburns
cant get the
[s] low
[0]
[R] ecord
[T] humbs up
to work though. when I hit record, it makes that dunk sound.
Even on units where that code has an effect, it makes that sound when you hit Record. You'd just ignore it and hit the ThumbsUp anyway.

▘▘▀▌▌▘▀▘▌▘▀▘▙▌▐▖▙▘▙▌▌▘▙▘▙▘▟▘
▛▌▛▌▛▌▙▌▛▌▟▖▌▘▛▌▞▌▌▘▌▖▞▌▞▌▟▘

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.
HTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:13 AM   #104
DrGaellon

Quote:
Originally posted by CAS2
Odd (I think) problem: I have a Phillips DSR7000 DirecTivo, 3.1.1b software. I succesfully enabled the 30 second skip, then tried out the clock display (S-P-S-9-S). That worked fine, and when I turned it off, the clock disappeared. But now I have a station logo appearing constantly in the lower right hand corner, e.g., the CBS eye, the NBC peacock, etc. It obscures part of the screen and is really annoying - any suggestions??
I thought it had become standard for almost all channels to put a logo in the corner of the screen. Are you sure it wasn't there before?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:16 AM   #105
richierich
AKA PLASMAMANIAC

RML51, I have the HR10-250 unit and the 30 second skip works just fine. Try it again, Select, Play, Select, 3, 0, Select and then you should hear 3 pings that tells you that you have activated the 30 second skip feature.
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #106
RML51

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by richierich
RML51, I have the HR10-250 unit and the 30 second skip works just fine. Try it again, Select, Play, Select, 3, 0, Select and then you should hear 3 pings that tells you that you have activated the 30 second skip feature.
Thanks Richierich, I got it to work. I had forgotten that you have to activate this feature while watching a recorded program.
RML51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:58 AM   #107
kjq88

Question 30 second skip code model tcd540040

brand new to tivo. just bought series 2 model TCD 540040. the 30 sec. skip codes here don't seem to work for me and wonder if anyone knows if they aren't included with this model? thank you very much.
kjq88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 01:11 PM   #108
dmlove51

Re: 30 second skip code model tcd540040

Quote:
Originally posted by kjq88
brand new to tivo. just bought series 2 model TCD 540040. the 30 sec. skip codes here don't seem to work for me and wonder if anyone knows if they aren't included with this model? thank you very much.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...hreadid=196738
dmlove51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 05:27 PM   #109
homestrong1

Manual Recording, using TIVO's AV inputs

Hello All.

I'm an newbie. I read thru this thread and got the
general idea on how to enable a "pirate" mode, that
is where TIVO can operate as a true DVR, that is to
record anything coming into its AV inputs when I want.

However, I can see this might be a tough forum to
ask stupid newbie questions. So, I then cautiously proceed,
offering all respect for the masters of this machine.
I can see many of you have spend many hours uncovering
the hidden gems of this machine.

So, I really only want to just record from my AV inputs.
How do I go about it? Which Backdoor codes do I need?

Christopher
homestrong1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:53 PM   #110
hopefulboydy

also want 30 sec skip with TCD 540040

KJQ88,

I also have just got the same Series 2 TCD 540040 that you have and have not had any luck getting the S-P-S-3-0-S code for the 30 sec skip to work.

Have you or anyone else with this stand alone series 2 had any luck ?
I have tried it multiple times and it doesnt work. I get the multipe beeps at the end but no 30 sec skip.

I will eventually get round to completely hacking this thing but for now thats the thing I miss the most (as I have multipe series 1s with a patched app running) and want to try and get it working asap.

thanks in advance,
hopefulboydy
hopefulboydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 02:19 AM   #111
SonicJMC

It's be nice if TiVo just gave us a USB B port on TiVo's, to connect them to a PC and have it appear as a USB hard drive. That'd rock. I know it's never going to happen, but we can dream, can't we?
SonicJMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 03:15 PM   #112
dfinberg

I just got a 5400 and 30 skip still works fine. Try the instructions again.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:14 PM   #113
pup

This list of codes and shortcuts is invaluable. Thanks. Has anyone put together a small, color-coded cheat sheet - perhaps available in PDF format? I'd love to have a little laminated card I could keep near the remote to do all these.

Looked around and searched for mention of this but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 12:03 AM   #114
axomoxa

S-P-S-3-0-S code for the 30 sec skip

It works fine on the Humax DRT800.

Remember, after a power loss or TiVo reset, you'll need to reenter the codes.
axomoxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 02:09 PM   #115
Wildroo

Hey folks, newbie TiVo owner here, hopeing to get some help.

I've been able to initiate the 30 second skip code on my DirecTiVo RCA (version 3.1.1e)

I've tried the Enable Back Door Codes with the following:
--Go into "Pick Programs to Record" and actually type in the letters "B D 2 5"
and also tried "B M U S 1"
but got no response that I could tell and foud no visable statement in setup saying it confimred. Is there a different code to use?

The Following codes I have been able to initiate on my DirecTiVo 3.1 (Pulled from several different pages, listed so others who buy one will know they work):
30 second skip
--Select, Play, Select, 3, 0, Select.(Play?)
--Before entering the code have something playing back that you have recorded.
Toggle timer and time in bottom right corner:
-- S-P-S-9-S (Select, Play, Select, 9, Select)
Toggle Status Information in the bottom right corner.
-- S-P-S-InstantReplay-S
Toggles how fast the Play Bar disappears.
-- S-P-S-Pause-S

Clear-Enter-Clear Codes (CEC-Zero more specifically) doesn't seem to work, along with all the other codes I've seen (above excepted.)

Does anyone know what format the Tivo uses and what quality it's saving the files at? (IE mpeg 2, mpeg4; DVD Quality, Long DVD, etc?)

Another thing; My DirecTiVo has two USB ports in it... is there any purpose to these, and is there any use for it? Also I've heard someone say they're using the usb port so the TiVo can use the internet connection to get the information rather then having to use a phone line. Is there a connection cord or something that I can connect two USB plugs together?
Wildroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 08:23 PM   #116
RadioActiveLamb

All those C-E-C and other codes that don't work, require the "backdoor" mode to be enabled. To my knowlege, the method for toggling this mode with the remote on the latest iteration Tivo software hasn't been uncovered. It's really too bad, because there are some VERY handy codes and modes available.
RadioActiveLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:31 PM   #117
mhallerbach

Any codes for newer versions(v6)

I have an directv R-10 which is running Tivo v6. It seems this code list is quite a few versions old. Is there a newer list for my version(nothing at dbsforums.com)., or does anybody know the backdoor codes.
mhallerbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:31 PM   #118
mhallerbach

Any codes for newer versions(v6)

I have an directv R-10 which is running Tivo v6. It seems this code list is quite a few versions old. Is there a newer list for my version(nothing at dbsforums.com)., or does anybody know the backdoor codes.
mhallerbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:37 AM   #119
Ed Campbell

Just been wandering around, wondering if anyone has rediscovered a code for showing onscreen what HD resolution, etc., is being viewed.

Don't know if he was yanking my chain or not; but, in a recent conversation with a D* tech [somewhat up the food chain], I grumped about the removal of the appropriate command -- and he suggested that "maybe" they just moved it.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:46 PM   #120
cyberman30

DIRECTV series 2 TIVO backdoors

I tried using the 2 space 0 space tcd then press thumbs up code. I got the bong sound and didn't see anything different. Does this unit allow backdoors to be enabled or am I maybe using the wrong code? I also saw the 2.5.2 that was termed DirecTiVo, but that one didn't seem to work either. I can however seem to use the SLOW sort feature from the now playing list and the 30 second jump feature. Any ideas on how to enable backdoors on this unit. It is a RCA DVR 40 with software version 3.1.1e-01-2-321.

Also, I noticed 6 codes that were not documented elsewhere, but from what I can see they seem to have no effect I can find.

They are:
S-P-S-1-S
S-P-S-2-S
S-P-S-3-S
S-P-S-4-S
S-P-S-5-S
S-P-S-6-S

I know these are codes because after entering them, I get the 3 ding confirmation.

Maybe one of you might be able to figure out if these add or change any features.

Thanks,
Cyberman30

Last edited by cyberman30 : 12-29-2004 at 10:01 PM.
cyberman30 is offline   Reply With Quote