TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-04-2003, 09:08 AM   #61
BobNeub

Problems

I am having at least one problem that I known of, MY audio is very low.... has anyone had this problem? Is there a fix?
BobNeub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 12:13 PM   #62
cdma

I have a Series 2. Just got everything to kinds work with the dongle. I am able to telnet into the box but can not get it to do a daily call. Any help
cdma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 04:52 PM   #63
Kevin_LW

Question software ver 3.1.0b

After scanning through all four pages I didn't see anything telling me if all of these tips also apply to software version 3.1.0b.
Kevin_LW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:22 PM   #64
tivomanLA

Directivo Serial connect HELP!!!

To all my Tivo Bretheren:

A Call for HELP!

I have set up my serial connection and followed everything to a t. I am able to establish a connection, but the connection fails while negotiating everytime. I have a new DirecTivo with a win XP pro computer. I have a cable modem with a netgear router.

Any help would be much appreciated
tivomanLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:19 PM   #65
lajohn27
Fanboi.. So what?

Desparately seeking 3.0 PPP Serial User Doing TiVOWeb

I'm trying to setup TiVOWeb via PPP serial on 3.0 Philips HDR31201.

I can't find instructions to make the PPP always on for the 3.0 software. Everything I can find on the net is for 2.0 or 2.5 or 2.5.1 but nothing for 3.0. Surely someone is doing/has done this..

I'm desparate..

J
lajohn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:48 AM   #66
antalo

Quote:
Originally posted by antalo
I Have no idea how one suppose to put own pictures on. Didn't have time to read on.
You have to download a program from the TIVO website, install it and put some pictures or songs on it. The Tivo will access it and you can watch it on your TV. What you have on now is just some samles. It is neat.
Antalo
antalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 05:48 PM   #67
Michael_M

So I have serveral questions -- is there a way to name my TIVO so that when I bring up my DHCP list from my router that I see a name --- like I would for my PC's

Also I know my router Linksys -- assigns IP addresses -- so if the power goes down its possible that my TIVO's could be assigned different IP addresses -- is there a way to create static IP's so they don't change --- but quite frankly I would just like to be able to name my TIVO it shows up in the DHCP table.

This is important since I have 3 Sony T60's all of which are on my home netowrk now -- I changed the bash prompt naming them based on their location in the house which is helpful --

thanks
Old 02-29-2004, 03:12 PM   #68
TiVo-Thom

Starting a do-over

Nearly a month ago, I lost the primary drive do to file system corruption, (GSOD) so I asked if anyone could assist me in recovery of the F/S enough to save my season's comprehensive episodes that I didn't want to loose. Was told to use Maxblast to fix, Maxblast says the drives (both) are fine. DD Copy indicates unreadable records, a copy of both drives to a pair of new drives renders a machine that doesn't boot. So now it appears that I have 2 projects; 1st- I need to make a driveless HDVR2 and 2 new maxtor 160s a D-Tivo, one with those hacks a tweaks that all here regard as required for total enjoyment and flexibility LBA48, USB networking, to do things like TiVi-Web and the sort, and anything else of value that this forum embraces and I don't even know where to begin to start! The second is trying to prepare the drives that I pulled to save my shows either by direct extraction or fixing enough for play back with my other D-TiVo HDVR2. Can anyone lead me by the hand on this??
Pioneer 45TXi, DVL-919, Sony DVP-CX985V, JVC-HMDH30000U, Mitsu-Megaview 3315XA,
HTPC! (Radeon AIW-9800-MP1, Audigy II ZS, Holo3DGraph, MIT MPD-120, 1tB-RAID5, P4-3.2gHz Extreme Edition, SST-LC01)
Message Me for HTPC Ideas and Help!
TiVo-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #69
antalo

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael_M
So I have serveral questions -- is there a way to name my TIVO so that when I bring up my DHCP list from my router that I see a name --- like I would for my PC's

Also I know my router Linksys -- assigns IP addresses -- so if the power goes down its possible that my TIVO's could be assigned different IP addresses -- is there a way to create static IP's so they don't change --- but quite frankly I would just like to be able to name my TIVO it shows up in the DHCP table.

This is important since I have 3 Sony T60's all of which are on my home netowrk now -- I changed the bash prompt naming them based on their location in the house which is helpful --

thanks
Michael_M,
You go back into the setup. "192.168.1.1" password "admin"
and change the "assign IP address automatically" to "manuel" and I am pretty sure you have the option to give it a name.
If all fails, call Linksys and they'll help you to set it up for manuel IP.
You can give IP from 192.1681.100 to whatever 192.168.1.250
If you do it for one, you have to do it for all.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:05 PM   #70
rb_9999

I just followed the steps to get my Series 2 online with Telnet access. I am using a Netgear MA111 USB wireless device and a Netgear MR814v2 Wireless Router connected to my cable modem on the Roadrunner network.

After completing all the steps in the networking guide, I cannot telnet to my box. I get the following error:

Connecting To 192.168.0.3...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed

Is there any way to check to see it the telnet server is running on the box? Any troubleshooting tips at all? I set my PC I am using to telnet to it as the DMZ.

Any advice appreciated. I will still keep scouring for info.

PS. The wireless stuff is and was working fine, so its not a wireless problem.
rb_9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 02:44 PM   #71
NFCTinken

This is going to be a very stupid question, but do I need to have a subscription to the tivo service in order to use the TurboNet to upgrade my listings? I had an account, but canceled it since I am broke, but I just wanted to know if I need the account or will the TurboNet be able to update without a subscription. Thanks.
NFCTinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:09 PM   #72
Chip Moody

Question No more Bash by default on serial port?

I thought that I had read (some time ago) that the Bash prompt was obtainable on SA series 1 Tivos without any hardware trickery. After looking through the forum today, it looks like I have no choice but to remove my hard drive in order to get the Bash prompt available?!

I already have the Turbonet board in my unit. I'm interested in getting Telnet & FTP up and running, but was REALLY hoping I could do that without having to open the box again. <sigh>

- Chip
Chip Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:33 PM   #73
classicsat
Astute User

The Tivo will do whatever it does over the phonecall over the ethernet (except the PPV call on DirecTV TiVos), whether you are subscribed or not. You will get no guide listings if you don't subscribe (on an S1).

Very old versions of the TiVo software allowed you to turn on serial bash with a boot parameter. Enabling bash and telnet, and adding the bins isn't that hard,
classicsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 05:53 PM   #74
venterce

Ethernet Wired ok, but Wireless NG

Hi,

I've installed a CacheCard but without memory (need to wait till I can afford the SDRAM). When I wire it via Cat5 directly to my LinkSys router, everything works fine, BASH, FTP, TivoWeb, Directory dialout, etc.

When I try to connect via a Belkin Wireless Ethernet Bridge (F5D7330) I can't get to the BASH prompt and the TIVO can't call out! I know that the wireless bridge workks fine - I'm soaking in it right now, err I'm using it from this PC (WinXP home) right now! It works with no problem.

The TIVO (Series One Phillips) has a fixed IP address, router address etc, not using DHCP.

Any ideas?

Last edited by venterce : 11-27-2004 at 06:02 PM.
venterce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 01:08 PM   #75
miko

Finally Serial PPP on XP SP2

After following numerouis threads and configuring and reconfiguring my laptop. I found the problem. According to a thread, there needs to be 2 lines inserted in the mdhayes null modem inf. I noticed when I cut and pasted the lines, I had two (2) spaces before the "1", I deleted these spaces and set the incoming connected to grab two IP's at the end of my DHCP range, and viola!! it worked like a charm! (I had only 2 days left of program data and I was tired of taking my tivo to work and updating every week or so) I was going to purchase the turbonet card, however, I am going to get a series 2 in a couple of weeks, and I already have the USB adapter so I will be running 2 Tivos. I have had my series 1 since they started making Tivos, but I never thought to use serial PPP, I tried Vonage over the weekend, what a joke! I am happy now.

miko
miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:18 PM   #76
looknow12

Does any of this apply to the HR10-250 High Definition Tivo for Directv?

I have version 3.1.5e.

Thanks,
looknow12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:56 PM   #77
badxmaru

thanks for collating them all

work is much appreciated
badxmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #78
antalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko
, I am going to get a series 2 in a couple of weeks, and I already have the USB adapter so I will be running 2 Tivos. I have had my series 1 since they started making Tivos, but I never thought to use serial PPP, I tried Vonage over the weekend, what a joke! I am happy now
miko
Which model are you getting ? www.tivo.com selling reffurbished 80 hr for 100.- after 100.00 rebate. Make sure you get a 540xxx model. It accepts or better said goes above 137 GB berrier per drive. All 7.1 software accepts the 54MB adapters. The 240xxx models I had to reboot, but maybe I didn't wait long enough, but the 540xxx model read it almost right away.

What are you planning with the S1 ?
Antalo
Old 03-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #79
antalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_M

thanks
1. Got to www.tivo.com , get on your account and you can rename your Tivo.
2. You can assign a specific IP to your TIVO in your TIVO setup You don't say what models do you have. If it is a S2, you can assign specific IPs to them.

3. If you need to know the specific IP for each Tivo, in your brouser : http://192.168.1.1 and you get the router setup up. I think in the "status" window select "Local Network" and on the bottom of the page click on "DHCP Client Table". It will list all your equipment on line. I think it is better to leave the auto IP selection on. Normally they keep the IP even if it is turned off and back on. Occasionally if you turn several equipment off and on again in a different order it will pick anither IP and when the eqipment which had that IP turned back on, it wil tell you there is an IP conflict, but the router will take care of it and there is no action required.
I hope this helps.
Antalo
Old 03-07-2005, 02:02 PM   #80
ashu
User title defunct

Quote:
Originally Posted by antalo
Which model are you getting ? www.tivo.com selling reffurbished 80 hr for 100.- after 100.00 rebate. Make sure you get a 540xxx model. It accepts or better said goes above 137 GB berrier per drive. All 7.1 software accepts the 54MB adapters. The 240xxx models I had to reboot, but maybe I didn't wait long enough, but the 540xxx model read it almost right away.

Antalo

With 7.1 including the LBA-48-support in the kernel, all 240s (and 140s, 264s - Toshibas - etc) will also supports large disk drives. Keep an eye on the Upgrade Fourm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Too many TiVos!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo!
So little time! So much to know!
ashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:51 AM   #81
mdoates

I have a HD10-250 DirecTV PVR I have seen the information on how to set other units up to use a USB to Ethernet. Does anyone know if it works on this model. Any help would be appreciated.
mdoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:48 PM   #82
restart88

If I understand correctly D* may make this available later this year.

Myself, I've been looking for a cheap wired USB conector. I may go wireless later, but for now my network is totally wired.
restart88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:50 AM   #83
schalliol

I know someone must have asked this, but I couldn't find it with my search. I have a S1 TiVo with lifetime and 110hrs worth of HD and an ethernet card, but it's really not useful to me if I get a new TiVo. What I want the ability to do is share files between a S2 and this S1, through HMO. I would think that someone could have the ability to install on S1 a linux app that serves the S1's content. Ideas?
schalliol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #84
bollwerk

I'm also wondering if anyone has installed Tivo Web Plus on a HighDef DirecTivo HD10-250. Steve's Noobie instructions seem well done, but are a couple years old now, so I'm not confident the instructions would be the same for my HD DirecTivo.
bollwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:19 PM   #85
noobie2005

Please Help!!!!!

Well from My Name You Guys Could Guess I Am A Newb..
Anyways all i wanna know how to do is xfer files from my tivo/dvr to my comp.. simply put.Where would i get that info from?
noobie2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #86
TRW_1964

I'm new at this

How do I tell which type of Tivo I have?
TRW_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #87
antalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by schalliol
I know someone must have asked this, but I couldn't find it with my search. I have a S1 TiVo with lifetime and 110hrs worth of HD and an ethernet card, but it's really not useful to me if I get a new TiVo. What I want the ability to do is share files between a S2 and this S1, through HMO. I would think that someone could have the ability to install on S1 a linux app that serves the S1's content. Ideas?
The best and easiest way I know how is to connect S1 to S2 and play the S1 and setup manual record on S2. Or, sell the S1 on fleebay and get a new one. Buy from Tivo.com stand alone unit only. If I recall, the DirecTV version you can only record from Directv. It used to be that way anyway.
Good luck,
antalo
Old 05-19-2006, 02:43 PM   #88
antalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW_1964
How do I tell which type of Tivo I have?
The first 3 digits of the Service # or the faceplate should tell you if you know your way around, but than you would not ask this question. Tivo.com should tell you or call TIVO. You could Google or Yahoo, or post you service # here.
antalo
Old 09-23-2006, 05:03 AM   #89
nakedeye

i need post count up so i can get help! lol wont let me post links..
nakedeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #90
STTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by antalo

Antalo
I've had good luck with mine.

STTF is offline   Reply With Quote