TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-25-2003, 03:14 PM   #31
Mike20878
Jake & Adam's dad

ccwf, would you please fix the formatting? There are some formatting tags missing causing it to display oddly.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike20878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 03:56 PM   #32
ccwf
国際化 Member

OK, I've added some nonsense to the vBulletin URL tags for links on this site (which tend to be rather long) to workaround the wordwrap bug.

Thanks for pointing out the problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

中日韓
ccwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 08:41 AM   #33
littlelinda

Thanks for putting this together. I see the Pace cable box is listed. Have you considered sending this list to TIVO or to the box manufacturers?
Old 10-08-2003, 09:16 AM   #34
ccwf
国際化 Member

Since TiVo employees monitor this forum, there's a reasonable chance they are aware of this thread.

Just added an entry for the EchoStar Model 6000U courtesy of Sparkman87.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 10-13-2003, 01:26 AM   #35
markrichards

Re: Cable/Satellite Box Compatibility & Codes List

Quote:
Originally posted by ccwf

Pioneer Voyager:

From CheckMate Universal Remote info, Scientific Atlanta 00018-Fast will almost certainly work. However, this has not been confirmed.
Confirmed.

The codes presented when choosing Pioneer as the make all don't work. SA 00018-Fast does the trick.

-Mark
markrichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 10:40 AM   #36
higgins

0093 fast works for my General instrument CFT-2200 analog cable converter.
higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 02:57 PM   #37
rscaramelo
SA! No DirecTivo!

Anybody had success with the ViewMaster 4000?

RC
rscaramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 07:24 PM   #38
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rscaramelo
Anybody had success with the ViewMaster 4000?
Try the Radio Shack cable box IR codes. If this works, please post the working code, speed, and any special notes, so I can add an entry for the ViewMaster 4000. If it doesn't work, let me know that, too, and I will add an entry to indicate probable incompatibility.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 11-04-2003, 04:48 PM   #39
ccwf
国際化 Member

Added interesting tip that setting DCT2000s to show the channel number instead of the time may improve reliability. Currently, this is just an isolated report. If others find this tip really helps, please let me know.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 11-05-2003, 10:54 AM   #40
Mike20878
Jake & Adam's dad

Quote:
Originally posted by NowPlaying
Motorola DCT5100, 10006-medium

Remember to set 3 digit channel changes and "use enter" for best results.
I tried this one this morning. Changing channels results in a black screen for a few seconds. A friend suggested that I try 10042 - Slow. I did see one benefit of using enter - the cable banner disappears quickly.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:32 PM   #41
Mike20878
Jake & Adam's dad

Quote:
10042 was listed in the main post for this box, too, although not at Slow. Do you find that the 10042 works any better than 10006, or are they about the same?
Yes, I saw that. I can't remember if that was the one I tried that did not work. I'll have to test them again later.

My friend says the 10042-slow-enter does not produce a black screen on channel changes.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:45 PM   #42
sgentzen

There's a "?" after the model 2200 for the Scientific Atlanta cable box.

I just got set up the other day. The Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2200 does work on 0018-Fast.
sgentzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 01:26 PM   #43
ccwf
国際化 Member

Thanks. The question mark was there because it was an informed guess but not actually confirmed to work. I've now removed the question mark.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 11-23-2003, 10:25 PM   #44
anyjanedoe

I'm trying to set up TiVo series 2 with a "Titan Plus" cable box using those JUKEY IR cables. I know that the maker of the cable box claims that there is no way to program a universal remote that will be compatible. Does that mean I am out of luck?

Also, when there are replies like "10006 fast", how do you know which brand name the code is listed under? Is there a cross ref by #?

Please help! very frustrated!

jane

Last edited by anyjanedoe : 11-23-2003 at 11:00 PM.
anyjanedoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 11:02 PM   #45
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by anyjanedoe
I know that the maker of the cable box claims that there is no way to program a universal remote that will be compatible. Does his mean that I am out of luck?
Probably. It may be that the remote is an RF remote (does it work through a wall?) or an IrDA remote. For RF, you might be able to control the box with an IR to RF converter. For IrDA, you might be able to control the box with an IR to IrDA dongle, such as is used with UK TiVos to control some IrDA boxes (you might even be able to order it through TiVo). If you can figure out the type of remote control signal being sent and the codes involved and are willing to do some programming, PCs and some specialty devices can be programmed to receive a channel change command from the TiVo and then resend it in the required format.
Quote:
Also, when there are replies like "10006 fast", how do you know which brand name the code is listed under?
If just the number and speed are listed, then the brand name is the same as the name in the list. For those cases where the required code is under a different name, this is indicated.
Quote:
Is there a cross ref by #?
Unfortunately, no. This is why, for example, the list says that the 00995 code for UK Scientific Atlanta boxes (which on rare occasion turn up in the U.S.) might or might not be available on U.S. TiVos. I actually went through about a third of the manufacturers to see if any had the 00995 code (the U.S. Scientific Atlanta entry does not), but I gave up because it was just too tedious.

TiVo

中日韓

Last edited by ccwf : 11-23-2003 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:10 PM   #46
TonyR

Question Serial home control cable has stopped working

I have a Sony SVR-2000 stand alone series I TiVo and an RCA DRD450RG DIRECTV satellite tuner. I have very successfully used a serial home control cable with the AGP setting to control the satellite tuner for some time. It was great--fast and error free.

Recently I had a problem with my satellite system and the tuner was without a signal for several days. Now the tuner works fine, but when TiVo tries to change the channel there is a brief black-out, then TiVo thinks the channel has changed but it has not. In fact the satellite tuner can be controlled only using its own remote.

I've tried walking through the setup again and a cold reboot of both the tuner and the TiVo, without affect.

Any ideas?
Hughes HDVR2 DirecTiVo (retired)
Sony SVR-2000 stand-alone TiVo (retired)

TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:26 AM   #47
ccwf
国際化 Member

I haven't heard of any such problem with RCA receivers, and the only thing somewhat close is the simultaneous reboot problem with older Sony receivers. I would suggest trying to turn both pieces of equipment off for a while, then try booting them simultaneously, then booting each one independently to see if any of that clears up the problem.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 12-02-2003, 05:37 AM   #48
bicker
Gruff

Just a note on this. I've got one of those stupid DCT2244s that suck so badly. I was having a lot of trouble with channel changing on a replacement they dumped on my last week. So I had them swap it again, and this same-identical unit works perfectly. If you're having trouble changing channels, get a new box from the cable company and keep switching until they give you a good one.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:52 PM   #49
TonyR

Re: Serial home control cable has stopped working
Quote:
I have a Sony SVR-2000 stand alone series I TiVo and an RCA DRD450RG DIRECTV satellite tuner. I have very successfully used a serial home control cable with the AGP setting to control the satellite tuner for some time. It was great--fast and error free.

Recently I had a problem with my satellite system and the tuner was without a signal for several days. Now the tuner works fine, but when TiVo tries to change the channel there is a brief black-out, then TiVo thinks the channel has changed but it has not. In fact the satellite tuner can be controlled only using its own remote.

I've tried walking through the setup again and a cold reboot of both the tuner and the TiVo, without affect.
I tried unplugging both the RCA receiver and the TiVo for a couple of hours and plugging them back in. No change.

I then tried switching back to IR control, which used to work fine, although it was much slower. Now this doesn't work either. If I look directly at the IR light source on the blaster it doesn't glow when I run the TiVo IR test program and try to channels. This makes me think that I have a hardware problem that is affecting both the IR output and the serial home control cable output. The box is several years old, so this isn't that hard to believe.

Thoughts? It has a lifetime contract so I'd hate to give it up.

Old 12-02-2003, 03:06 PM   #50
ccwf
国際化 Member

I've never noticed any glow with the naked eye from the IR emitters. As far as I know, the light from the IR emitters can only be seen with a device that can sense IR, such as most digital cameras. If you have such a camera, you should give that a shot.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 12-02-2003, 04:48 PM   #51
TonyR

ccwf,

I didn't know that about the infra-red. I took your advice and tried looking at the IR emitter with the LCD viewer on my digital camera, and still didn't see any light when I ran the satellite receiver setup program.

I also checked the signal from the IR emitter plug and home control cable plug using a VOM. The needle didn't move at all. I don't think I'm getting any output from either one.

Old 12-02-2003, 05:02 PM   #52
ccwf
国際化 Member

OK. Just to be doubly sure, have you tried using your digital camera's LCD viewer to look at other IR sources (e.g., the TiVo remote) to be sure that it is capable of showing IR? (Some digital cameras have non-removable IR filters.)

As far as preserving your lifetime subscription goes, if you have your TiVo exchanged using an authorized service provider (which costs money), your lifetime subscription will be transferred, too. You might also try asking over the in the Upgrade forum if this is the type of thing that is likely to be repairable by yourself or by a local TV repair shop.

TiVo

中日韓
Old 12-03-2003, 12:29 AM   #53
TonyR

ccwf,

Good thinking re checking camera. As you predicted the LCD viewer on the camera showed the remote control's IR transmitter as a bright white light when a button was pressed, even though the light was barely visible to the naked eye. A handy tool for diagnosing IR emitter problems.

Anyway this confirms that my IR control is totally down as well as the home control cable.

I'll follow up on the leads you suggested for getting it fixed. Many thanks.

Old 12-04-2003, 02:31 PM   #54
mnm

is there any info on philips DCHD800R and ir codes that may work. I see that almost all of the latest philips sat boxes have troulbe with ir or not compatable at all.
mnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:54 AM   #55
TonyR

Smile Re: Serial home control cable has stopped working

I tried to post this message a few days ago, but it seems to have not made it to the forum.

The gods have smiled upon me. I went to check the 2nd IR emitter, and found that suddenly both were working. I tempted fate further by trying the home control cable and found that it worked also. Everything is now back to normal, and I didn't even reboot. Strange, but great.

Old 12-07-2003, 08:56 PM   #56
sanjoelo

Anyone have a code recommendation for the new Dish 811 HD receivers? This one is going to be interesting to test, as it has no channel display on the receiver itself...

Thanks for any suggestions !

Great thread, BTW. Well done.

-Sanjoelo
sanjoelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:31 PM   #57
sanjoelo

Quote:
This post is the only TiVo compatibility info I've seen about the DISH 811 so far.

Edit: Added an entry for the 811 with a link to a relevant DBSTalk.com thread.
Thank you !

-Sanjoelo
Old 12-08-2003, 08:38 PM   #58
sanjoelo

I can now confirm that the 10011-Medium code does indeed work properly with the Dish 811 HD receiver.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:27 PM   #59
goldlisa

Please Help - I have a Scientific Atlanta 3100 and no codes work...
goldlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 12:27 AM   #60
ccwf
国際化 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by goldlisa
Please Help - I have a Scientific Atlanta 3100 and no codes work...
Unless you have a foreign supplied Scientific Atlanta 3100 or Brighthouse has started using four-digit channels again, the 00018-Fast code should work.

If you get no response at all from any code, it is possible that your IR emitter cable is damaged (happens sometimes) or not plugged in securely. If you have a digital camera, as discussed in the posts above, you can probably use that to see if you are getting any IR from your emitters.

TiVo

中日韓