TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #31
JWhites

Yeah I'm using IE10. IE11 works normally as does Chrome, so I'm not sure what's causing the glitch.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:03 AM   #32
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
TiVo's stream support page now says they support 1 stream or download at a time. Then again they also says that streaming required a UPNP enabled router, which makes no sense considering the proxy. From my testing I could not stream more than 1 thing at once.

I only tried restarting once and when I did the "use proxy" box unchecked. Maybe I didn't give it enough time and it would have checked itself later, but I doubt it. All the OOH streaming option does is enable to proxy. Without the proxy streaming won't work.
morac, I'm a little confused because both the Roamio and stand alone Stream FAQ says: "You can stream up to four shows simultaneously to four mobile devices in your home. Please note that to support two to four streams, you may need more than one DVR. Being able to stream four shows simultaneously also depends on the bitrate of the source recordings. For example, you may have difficulties streaming four high bitrate HD programs at the same time" The packaging on my Stream says you can stream 3 shows from one Premiere and 4 shows with two Premieres. I'm assuming the same for the built in Streams in the Roamios. I did a support page mention "Currently the TiVo Stream and TiVo App only support downloading a single in-progress recording at a time." but nothing about being limited to one in home streaming session. I also found a support page for out of home streaming mention the need to have UPnP enabled which surprised me, then again I don't know up to date any of these support pages (or FAQ's) are since they seem to have other outdated information like referencing six dots as "full strength" when the current iOS app contains seven squares and the stand alone Stream FAQ still has things like out of home streaming listed as "coming soon".

Last edited by JWhites : 08-26-2014 at 04:25 AM.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #33
morac
Cat God

Rather than repost, I'll simply link to a thread I made.

Basically I'm seeing OOH streaming bit rates of 2.2 Mpbs which is the same as in home according to the OOH support document. Though that seems outdated considering it mentions a maximum of 6 dots when the max is now 7, which is what I got streaming OOH.

Last week I was getting 3 dots OOH.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #34
Bytez

I can't get the url to load in IE or Chrome. Do I need to open ports in the router?