Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #661
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
You could have a toggle if you had the code for the function with simply math.
You seem to have missed the point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:44 AM   #662
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Demo video of Network Remote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OSAPzpQ9j6I

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #663
MrGolden

Very nice!
MrGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #664
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Well done video, thanks wmcbrine. I've been using Network Remote on my Mac for awhile now, but learned a few new things. Thanks again.

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #665
davidblackledge
Registered lÜser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Demo video of Network Remote:

click here to watch the video
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Pretty cool, thanks, wmcbrine... but I'm a little miffed that I don't see any of those 3 host names in my (since April) logs

David.Blackledge.com Solitaire/FreeCell, Calendar, Map...
hmedev.wikidot.com
davidblackledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #666
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Now it can be told

The real reason I did the video: They wanted it for the Mac App Store

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/netw...224?ls=1&mt=12

(since they don't have TiVos to test with). Free, for now, although I'm thinking about changing that, because it was a pain to get this thing on there. (In any case, I will continue to provide it via wmcbrine.com, as well, and it will remain open source.)

If you already have 0.31, there's no need to switch to the App Store version, unless you want automatic updates. The .pyw is the same, but the .app is much larger, due to App Store rules -- I had to bundle the Python interpreter, as well as provide a Retina-ready icon.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 09-30-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #667
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Awesome!

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Old 09-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #668
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
So I downloaded the new version of "Network Remote for TiVo" from the Mac App Store. Even though I had renamed my previous version "TiVo Remote," the Mac App Store knew I had a previous version of this great app installed, and asked me if I wanted to download this new purchase to replace it. I clicked to confirm. And then it downloaded it, and replaced my old version with the new one. It even retained my name change, it was still on my system as "TiVo Remote." I found that interesting.

I then replaced the included icon with the one I like to use instead, the familiar TiVo guy icon. I'm sure there are copyright concerns why you can't use that for your app, but I like it on my system as it's easier to recognize in the OS X Dock.

That said, I now have the same issue I had before, where when I launch it, it asks (every time) to confirm my sole TiVo's IP address. I tried the below (as it worked before) but now, with the Mac App Store version, I can't edit the Network Remote.pyw file. I'm guessing that's because these files from the Mac App Store are more protected (ie: permission locked or something) so customers can't change them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
I've only got one TiVo and have never had an issue with its announcement not making it through the network. I wanted to avoid that new confirmatory click every time I launched the app, so I manually edited line #94 in the "Network Remote.pyw" file (inside Contents/Resources,) inserting my TiVo's IP address (and then also made sure my TiVo's IP address wouldn't change from that.)
Is there any way to add some setting or preference, that lets the user select an IP address and remember that setting across launches? (Perhaps if there's an IP change and it can't find that TiVo it would prompt the user again?) Or maybe just a simple options screen where this value can be set.

Because more often than not I just want to launch this app quickly, to pause/unpause the TiVo. This extra step slows that down and feels clunkier than it was before. If not, then I'll probably end up having to revert back to the DIY version on wmcbrine.com.

Thanks again for all your great work on this, wmcbrine.

Last edited by Fofer : 09-30-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #669
davidblackledge
Registered lÜser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
The real reason I did the video: They wanted it for the Mac App Store

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/netw...224?ls=1&mt=12

(since they don't have TiVos to test with). Free, for now, although I'm thinking about changing that, because it was a pain to get this thing on there.
That's great!
I wonder, if you make it a paid app, would you be the first person to actually make money on a 3rd party TiVo app (tablet or HME)?

David.Blackledge.com Solitaire/FreeCell, Calendar, Map...
hmedev.wikidot.com
davidblackledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:42 PM   #670
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidblackledge View Post
I wonder, if you make it a paid app, would you be the first person to actually make money on a 3rd party TiVo app (tablet or HME)?
I wouldn't even be the first person to make money on a TiVo remote in the Mac App Store. That'd be the author of "Vomote".

Old 10-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #671
ScottJ97

TELEPORT SEARCH works. Haven't seen that posted yet.
ScottJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #672
MikeA

Network control of Tivo Mini

I am using network control with my Tivo's (Premiere, Roamio, Roamio Plus) very successfully. I recently added some Tivo Mini's and it seems the telnet protocol is not complete on the Mini.
I can successfully perform all the IRCODE commands, but the SETCH command returns a CH_FAILED_INVALID_CHANNEL error.
Anyone have any insight into this? Was it intentional?
Any help would be appreciated, since I rely on the SETCH command quite a bit, and want to use it on the Mini's.
Thanks
Mike
All are using Comcast MCards

Part of Home AV system controlled with CQC.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #673
telemark

What does the CH_STATUS response format look like on the Mini?

On a non-Mini it looks like:
CH_STATUS 0002 0001 LOCAL
Old 11-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #674
MikeA

This is what I get when I login to the Tivo Mini

Last login: Mon Nov 3 18:31:54 on ttys000
mikes-air:~ MikeAymar$ TELNET 192.168.0.159 31339
Trying 192.168.0.159...
Connected to tivo-a9200019059a983.
Escape character is '^]'.
CH_STATUS 0706 LOCAL

This is what I get when I try to do a SETCH command

SETCH 706
CH_FAILED INVALID_CHANNEL

Same result with FORCECH

FORCECH 706EOUT
CH_FAILED INVALID_CHANNEL

The IRCODE commands all work fine.
Seems like either a bug or a conscious design decision for some reason.

Any other ideas out there?
Thx
Mike
All are using Comcast MCards

Part of Home AV system controlled with CQC.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #675
telemark

I'm not a Mini owner so I can't examine what's going on.

I'll point out though as a work around, you can use a network proxy. Whenever the proxy receives a SETCH, it would then rewrite it as an IRCODE sequence.