Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #31
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I'm so dense I didn't even notice. I wonder why they didn't record his DR stuff BEFORE making him shave his head? Perhaps someone who reads the live feed thread can enlighten us?
i haven't heard it discussed on the live feeds. considering the competition is on friday, and the show airs on sunday, i would imagine they discovered they needed additional footage after initially piecing the show together for air, and had to call another diary room session after his head had already been shaved. given they produce the show in under two days, i'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:14 PM   #32
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
You don't need to see any more than you did to know who won. Caleb's DR clips during the competition are a dead giveaway that he and Victoria won. His head was clearly lacking the hair he had during the competition. Thank you CBS for spoiling the outcome.
Looks like that wasn't true. Tonight's show showed him taking his hat off (where it looked like it was shaved) and still being there.

Guess they didn't give it away (I thought they had as well).
Old 08-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #33
gweempose

I wonder if the show still would have had the shave your head option if one of the teams had two girls on it. I'd guess that a majority of girls wouldn't shave their head in front of millions of people even with $500K on the line. I'm virtually positive Victoria would have quit the game first. I doubt Nicole or Jocasta would do it either. Christine, on the other hand, seems like the kind of person who probably would.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:51 PM   #34
dimented
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I wonder if the show still would have had the shave your head option if one of the teams had two girls on it. I'd guess that a majority of girls wouldn't shave their head in front of millions of people even with $500K on the line. I'm virtually positive Victoria would have quit the game first. I doubt Nicole or Jocasta would do it either. Christine, on the other hand, seems like the kind of person who probably would.
I would think the option would still be there. Why not? That was the whole point, you could choose the options you were willing to do to have a shorter run of dominoes.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #35
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimented View Post

I would think the option would still be there. Why not? That was the whole point, you could choose the options you were willing to do to have a shorter run of dominoes.
Were they made aware of the fact beforehand that only one person on the team would be required to shave their head? I don't recall this information being relayed to the contestants, but I could have missed it. I would find it very hard to believe that Victoria would allow them to go that route if there was even the slightest possibility that she would be forced to shave her head.

Edit:

I just went back and re-watched the beginning of the competition. They never specifically stated that only one of them would have to shave their head. Here are Christine's exact words when she was going over the rules:

"You must knock down three punishment dominoes along the way, and it's up to you to choose which three. Win the game, and you're off the block, but you have to do all the punishments you knocked over."

This is all that was said about the punishments, but I stand by my assertion that they must have known ahead of time that only one of them would have to do the head shaving thing.
(3) Minis

Last edited by gweempose : 08-07-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #36
dimented
Comfortably Numb

I agree. They knew somehow ahead of time. During the competition when Caleb is talking in the DR, he even says he chose the head shaving even though he knew he would have to do it over Victoria, but it was the shortest route and easiest way to gain victory.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #37
stellie93

I thought he would have to shave ALL his hair off.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #38
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I thought he would have to shave ALL his hair off.
I wonder who had to clean it all up?
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #39
Cainebj

They HoH's talked early on about nominating all the people who haven't been nominated.

I wish they had done that.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #40
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimented View Post
I agree. They knew somehow ahead of time. During the competition when Caleb is talking in the DR, he even says he chose the head shaving even though he knew he would have to do it over Victoria, but it was the shortest route and easiest way to gain victory.
A semi scripted and rehearsed DR speech made after the fact doesn't show he knew anything before hand
Old 08-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #41
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
Looks like that wasn't true. Tonight's show showed him taking his hat off (where it looked like it was shaved) and still being there.

Guess they didn't give it away (I thought they had as well).
I thought I had made the same mistake when I saw that, but I took a closer look and I stand by my statement. His hair was very short on the sides to begin with, but in the DR scenes during the BoB, his hair is "shaved" even shorter.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #42
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post

A semi scripted and rehearsed DR speech made after the fact doesn't show he knew anything before hand
True, but if you go back and watch the competition, right before it begins Derrick asks Caleb which punishments he's gonna choose. Caleb responds with, "Slop for two weeks, and I'm NOT shaving my head." This is obviously not definitive proof, but it makes it seem like it had already been determined that he was the one who would have to shave his head.

My guess is that the teams had to predetermine ahead of time which person would be shaving their head if they picked that punishment and won the comp. This is the only thing that makes sense. Otherwise, there could potentially be a standoff if the two players couldn't agree on it afterward.
(3) Minis