TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #31
hytekjosh

I haven't had the error since I added a POE filter in front of my tuning adapter. I'm wondering if that fixed it or maybe I just haven't been watching shows in progress.

hytekjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:35 PM   #32
yamsta

I was getting V87 issues and solved it. See my post here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...7#post10732897

yamsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:21 PM   #33
djlott

MoCA Filter a MUST

I posted this in some of the other forums where users were having v87 connection issues with Bolt/Roamio to Mini. I hope it helps someone else save hours of troubleshooting:

---
Add me to the list of folks (chumps maybe?) that didn't think (or know) that I needed a MoCA PoE filter. After spending hours of troubleshooting, and then about $7.00 on Amazon for a MoCA filter, my TiVo Mini issues disappeared. I have a 1TB TiVo BOLT and a v2 Mini. The first night I set up the Mini I watched an entire hockey game in high def with no issue. After that, it never worked again. Weather? Network gods? I can't explain it but what I can say is that the MoCA filter worked in seconds.

For background, I am very proficient at home AV, computer networking, WiFi, etc. In addition, before I had Bolt/Mini, I had DirecTV with whole home DVR MoCA service working perfectly at all the same locations without a MoCA PoE filter. But when I moved to TiVo Bolt/Mini, nothing worked. Static IP addresses, removing splitters, simplifying the config, MoCA channels, etc. $7.00 MoCA filter worked immediately. What can I say? Get one.

Issues I had: v87 errors on Mini - would connect for maybe 5 seconds and then disconnect with V87 error. Could establish a network connection and view my recorded shows but could not stream.

djlott is offline   Reply With Quote