TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
aindik

True Blood s07e07: "May Be The Last Time"

Tuesday and no thread yet. Makes sense. This episode seemed to go nowhere.

So, Violet is from Bon Temps and owns a mansion, yet she and Jason have been living in his run down shack for the last 6 months?

Steve Newlin was still a bible thumping Christian despite being turned into a vampire and then coming out as gay?
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post

Steve Newlin was still a bible thumping Christian despite being turned into a vampire and then coming out as gay?
I don't think there are any limitations on what hallucinations can be
Old 08-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

but...but...but...sookie and bill got back together!

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #4
astrohip
Stuart F

I'll watch to see how they end the series, but if this wasn't already the last season, last night would have been enough to drive me to kill the SP. This show is just floundering.

And the parade of past stars is so stupid. It's like the writers aren't even bothering to come up with realistic story lines to explain it all, they just kinda throw something out there, and voila, Hoyt is back. Or Niall makes a no-purpose visit.

Two things that really bother me, maybe someone can explain. (I know, you're thinking only two?)

1) Andy & Holly are looking for their kids. When Arlene says "maybe they're in Oklahoma". Cause her ex had a cabin there. So they drive umpteen hours to OK. On a whim? Huh?

2) Why is Jason goo-goo over Hoyt's girlfriend? Sure she's cute, and yeah Jason is a horndog, but he's never been this wacko, this quickly, for a friend's girlfriend. It's seems like a stretch, and for no reason I can discern.

Really, this show is about a D+ or C- right now, and if it wasn't ending in three episodes, and I hadn't watched it from day one, I'd be outa here.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:01 AM   #5
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
1) Andy & Holly are looking for their kids. When Arlene says "maybe they're in Oklahoma". Cause her ex had a cabin there. So they drive umpteen hours to OK. On a whim? Huh?
More like, out of desperation. They have no other leads.

Quote:
2) Why is Jason goo-goo over Hoyt's girlfriend? Sure she's cute, and yeah Jason is a horndog, but he's never been this wacko, this quickly, for a friend's girlfriend. It's seems like a stretch, and for no reason I can discern.
Yeah, that was a bit much. But I think the idea was that he's so focused on not repeating history that he psyches himself into it, or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:35 AM   #6
dimented
Comfortably Numb

After the show I looked at my wife and said at least there are only 3 more episodes.

It really does seem bad. No continuity and just all over the place.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #7
Shaunnick

Quote:
I'll watch to see how they end the series, but if this wasn't already the last season, last night would have been enough to drive me to kill the SP. This show is just floundering.

And the parade of past stars is so stupid. It's like the writers aren't even bothering to come up with realistic story lines to explain it all, they just kinda throw something out there, and voila, Hoyt is back. Or Niall makes a no-purpose visit.

Two things that really bother me, maybe someone can explain. (I know, you're thinking only two?)

Really, this show is about a D+ or C- right now, and if it wasn't ending in three episodes, and I hadn't watched it from day one, I'd be outa here.
Because Jason knows what we know. He is going to bang Hoyt's new girl.

Which will make him an even crappier friend. So of course he's nervous.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

This episode was pretty awful. A week or two ago, there was a bad episode, but the Eric and Pam stuff was good. Even the Eric and Pam stuff couldn't save this week's episode.

So, we have 3 episodes left? I wonder if there will be anything good coming out of the rest of the show? Such a bummer how lame this final season has been.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #9
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
I thought that was weird too, until I looked at a map. We know that the fictional Bon Temps is not too far from Shreveport (which is where Fangtasia is). Shreveport is pretty close to the northwest corner of Louisiana. If the Oklahoma cabin on the river is near the southeast corner of OK, the drive could be as short as two hours, which wouldn't be completely ridiculous.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #10
aindik

Quote:
Well, he has, once. Same friend, too. Which is the reason said friend no longer knows who he is.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #11
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
I thought that was weird too, until I looked at a map. We know that the fictional Bon Temps is not too far from Shreveport (which is where Fangtasia is). Shreveport is pretty close to the northwest corner of Louisiana. If the Oklahoma cabin on the river is near the southeast corner of OK, the drive could be as short as two hours, which wouldn't be completely ridiculous.
I think they said "north of OK City", which puts it farther away. Nonetheless, this isn't "Under the Dumb", so I shouldn't be nitpicking every goof. I need to let it go...

Quote:
Well, he has, once. Same friend, too. Which is the reason said friend no longer knows who he is.
But that was after a smoldering romance. This was like love at first sight. But again, I need to stop picking this last season apart, and just go with the flow...
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #12
aindik

It seems they are very transparently pairing people off for the happily ever after ending.

Sookie and Bill
Jason and Jessica (which makes this business with Hoyt that much more ridiculous)
Andy and Holly
Arlene and Keith
Lafayette and James
Eric and Pam
Sam and Nicole
Old 08-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #13
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
It seems they are very transparently pairing people off for the happily ever after ending.
or, it's what they want us to think they're doing.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #14
getreal
postcrastinator

The flashback to the birth of Bill's baby may become significant in that someone we know may turn out to be a descendant of that baby ... like Sarah Newmie?

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #15
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
This is purely conjecture, but I'm fully expecting Sookie to become pregnant with Bill's baby, making it the 'miracle' fairy/vampire/human hybrid. It's the only thing I can come up with to explain all the heavy-handed "every baby is a miracle" foreshadowing.

I think the series will end with Bill dying and Sookie left to raise their baby.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #16
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
This is purely conjecture, but I'm fully expecting Sookie to become pregnant with Bill's baby, making it the 'miracle' fairy/vampire/human hybrid. It's the only thing I can come up with to explain all the heavy-handed "every baby is a miracle" foreshadowing.

I think the series will end with Bill dying and Sookie left to raise their baby.
I had the same thought at the end of the episode.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #17
SoBelle0
What's next?

I'm always surprised that, as a married couple, Bill and Sookie don't have more chemistry. They're just so blah.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote