TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-06-2014, 01:48 AM   #1
JohnB1000

The Killing S04E02

Not much to say but wanted to keep the threads going.

Good to see Kyle(?) getting his revenge.

I love how Linden and Holder are so tight now. Funny to think back to season 1.

But... I wonder if Holder will eventually give her up to stay for his child.

I'm unclear on the significance of the ring/broach. Also was that girl at the end the dead cops daughter?

Last edited by JohnB1000 : 08-06-2014 at 02:04 AM.
JohnB1000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
dwells

Thought it was another really good episode.

It is so good so far that it is making me hate the fact that this is only 6 episodes (and then over for good)....
dwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
DeDondeEs

I started a thread with the same exact title yesterday. Mods can delete mine if they want since there are actually replies to this one. I will repost my thoughts below:

Well Holder is getting all emotional about having a kid. Screenwriting 101 says that something will go wrong with either him or the Mom to be where he will never see kid, I hope that isn't the case.

Glad the other detective is figuring out the clues about who Skinner really was. I hope he figures out the truth and turns into an advocate/ally of Linden to help get her off the hook.

Interesting interaction between the kids at the military academy. Why is that one kid being such a jerk? Seems to go well beyond basic bullying, like he knows something or has another objective. And with the way the headmaster lady came in and punished the group it seems there is some link/communication occurring between the bully kid and the headmaster.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #4
JohnB1000

Sorry about the thread, I was mobile posting late a night

What is the significance of the large picture of the ring/broach ?
Old 08-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
jebbbz

From Season 3 the turquoise jewelry was evidence of the connection between Lt. Skinner and the serial killings. It had belonged to one of the victims (seen in a photograph) but appeared in the possession of Skinner's daughter. This season, Reddick saw the jewelry on Skinner's daughter when she came to the station. He later saw the evidence photo from the box he dropped. It has triggered his suspicion that the serial killer case is not yet resolved.
jebbbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
JohnB1000

Thanks, memory and not being observant enough caused me to miss that completely. This explains why Reddick is especially suspicious.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #7
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
... I love how Linden and Holder are so tight now. Funny to think back to season 1...
Yeah, I found Holder to be unbearably obnoxious in S01, but his character has really grown on me. They seem to have cut back on the constant chain-smoking as well as the constant downpours. Both were major distractions and the cutbacks are major improvements IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
I'm unclear on the significance of the ring/broach. Also was that girl at the end the dead cops daughter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebbbz View Post
From Season 3 the turquoise jewelry was evidence of the connection between Lt. Skinner and the serial killings. It had belonged to one of the victims (seen in a photograph) but appeared in the possession of Skinner's daughter. This season, Reddick saw the jewelry on Skinner's daughter when she came to the station. He later saw the evidence photo from the box he dropped. It has triggered his suspicion that the serial killer case is not yet resolved.
Actually, Reddick first noticed the photo of the ring when he dropped the one box of evidence after Holder stole his coffee and donut. Then Skinner's daughter showed up shortly after that. It's a trophy from one of Skinner's victims.

It appears that Reddick's character is undergoing some redemption this season as well, but did the writers really have to push the stereotype of the donut obsessed cop?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote