TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #91
cannonz

There must be enough for syndication is coming to station near me this September.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #92
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
Or, as some if us maintained, she was going through a change of career and her reactions were within character and others were overreacting to an episode or two.
I do not think it was an over reaction.
It certainly appeared on the surface they had decided to take the show in a whole new direction focusing on Molly and dissing the supporting cast.

That was not the case in the 2014 episodes and I think it got better as the season went along - and by better, I mean returned to its roots.

Still wish they would bring back the old opening credits.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:51 PM   #93
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonz View Post
There must be enough for syndication is coming to station near me this September.
92 episodes in the can as of the past season.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #94
nickels
opinionated dope

Sorry I am late to the party, I just got to Season 4. I am here now to vent. WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?! Leave it up to an executive to take something great, "fix it", and turn it into garbage. Granted I am only one episode in, but I think I'm done. You can't just take an entire season and act like it didn't happen. Sorry, that isn't how it works. Why should I get invested in this new show? How do I know that Season 5 will not turn into a show about a single lady named Molly who just moved to the big city from the country? This new direction is an insult to the viewers who spent 3 seasons falling in love with characters, and we finally get to the apex of the whole series in the S3 finale just to have it erased like none of it ever happened in the opening of S4. Unreal. I can't think of any other show in the history of television that "rebooted" itself after three successful seasons.

Also, it is very uncool to not come out with the news that Molly isn't pregnant from the opening scene. The last thing we hear she is pregnant, next thing we know she is rolling out of windows and getting drunk. I thought I lost my mind or watched them out of order for a second there.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #95
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Ya I don't know what it is with producers and season 4. They are doing the same thing with another season 4 show I watch 'suits'
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #96
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
Sorry I am late to the party, I just got to Season 4. I am here now to vent. WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?! Leave it up to an executive to take something great, "fix it", and turn it into garbage. Granted I am only one episode in, but I think I'm done
First, you're right. But stick with it, they got back on track.

I remember the Internet was abuzz when this past season started, as the first few episodes were not "Mike & Molly". Certainly not the M&M we loved. Lots of WTF posts.

But before too many episodes, they quickly righted the ship. So stick it out, you'll be rewarded with the old M&M.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #97
efilippi

Next thing you know someone will come here to the forum, perhaps the "annoy" thread, and complain that Ghostbusters 2 has really dropped the ball!
efilippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #98
nickels
opinionated dope

I watched the second episode last night, and it was funny. They have basically changed Molly's character into one of her movie personas. Everyone else on the show is the same, but she is now a crazy whack-a-do.

Come on. In the world of DVR viewing being a season behind on a TV show isn't that uncommon.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:10 AM   #99
cannonz

FX will have it too, starting with a marathon today.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote