TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #1
gweempose
Registered User
 
gweempose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northbrook, IL
Posts: 1,857
Big Brother - 8/3/14

Who won the Battle of the Block?

The show before it ran long, so the end got cut off. Caleb and Victoria were about to knock down their dominoes for the second time. My guess is that they won, and this would make me very happy. I want Nicole to stay HoH, since she has no allegiance to any of the guys, and could potentially backdoor Frankie. I also think if her nominations stayed the same, Zach could seriously be screwed.
__________________
(1) Roamio Pro
(1) Premiere XL4
(1) Premiere XL
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #2
DancnDude
Thrice as nice
 
DancnDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Madison, WI, USA
Posts: 7,404
Caleb and Victoria won.
__________________
XBox Live Gamertag - DancnDude
Wii code - 5559-0767-1390-1788
DancnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:29 PM   #3
verdugan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,046
I'm not a prude or anything and whatever Zach does or doesn't do is his own business, but I think he should just come out.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #4
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
I'm not a prude or anything and whatever Zach does or doesn't do is his own business, but I think he should just come out.
I agree. I'm really tired of his "I'm not Gay, but..." stuff. In this day and age, would it really matter? He doesn't seem to be hiding it from the others in the house by his comments and actions (that CBS is showing).
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 5,572
They have upped the production value this season ( not just the HD) but the competitions have been pretty cool.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #6
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 24,392
TC CLUB MEMBER
Can't wait to see Caled shave his head.
__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
Ment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 7,996
Nicole talks a big game but like fellow BB fan Christine she won't put her neck out as HOH.

Whats the punishment for not going thru the extra requirements. Not playing POV isn't going to make Caleb shave his head if he doesn't want to.
__________________
This is so not gummy bears
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
gweempose
Registered User
 
gweempose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northbrook, IL
Posts: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post

They have upped the production value this season ( not just the HD) but the competitions have been pretty cool.
Agreed. I don't know if they hired a new team to design the challenges, but they have been noticeably better this season.
__________________
(1) Roamio Pro
(1) Premiere XL4
(1) Premiere XL
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Nicole talks a big game but like fellow BB fan Christine she won't put her neck out as HOH.

Whats the punishment for not going thru the extra requirements. Not playing POV isn't going to make Caleb shave his head if he doesn't want to.
Nicole is already hedging. "I don't know if I'll have the guts to put Caleb up". They already showed her saying this more than once. I'll bet she gets talked into taking the "safe" route and keeping the noms the same and Victoria goes.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #10
nyc13
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Whats the punishment for not going thru the extra requirements. Not playing POV isn't going to make Caleb shave his head if he doesn't want to.
I kind of thought one of the DR shots with him wearing a hat looked like he already has (I don't watch feed or read the spoiler thread).
nyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #11
gweempose
Registered User
 
gweempose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northbrook, IL
Posts: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post

Nicole talks a big game but like fellow BB fan Christine she won't put her neck out as HOH.
In my opinion, this week is the tipping point. Either Nicole decides to step up and take out one of the power players, or the guys will run away with it from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post

What's the punishment for not going thru the extra requirements?
That's an excellent question. I would think the contestants have no choice but to comply. Otherwise, what would be the point? It's different than Team America where they forfeit the money.
__________________
(1) Roamio Pro
(1) Premiere XL4
(1) Premiere XL
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
In my opinion, this week is the tipping point. Either Nicole decides to step up and take out one of the power players, or the guys will run away with it from here on out.
While I agree to a point, I can still see Donnie or Hayden making a move. Speaking of Hayden, I'm surprised they keep putting up Victoria while Hayden has played the same kind of game. Why won't they touch him? I can't figure that one out.


Quote:
That's an excellent question. I would think the contestants have no choice but to comply. Otherwise, what would be the point? It's different than Team America where they forfeit the money.
I would think that they sign a contract that says they HAVE to comply. If he refuses to, he could be expelled from the game? And this time around, they could have picked the "punishments" so he had the choice NOT to use that one.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #13
JFriday
"Just The Facts"
 
JFriday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 13,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc13 View Post
I kind of thought one of the DR shots with him wearing a hat looked like he already has (I don't watch feed or read the spoiler thread).
I thought so too.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Why not let Victoria shave her head?
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #15
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Nicole is already hedging. "I don't know if I'll have the guts to put Caleb up". They already showed her saying this more than once. I'll bet she gets talked into taking the "safe" route and keeping the noms the same and Victoria goes.
i think you mean jocasta or zach will be leaving. caleb and victoria won the botb, so they aren't eligible to be replacement noms.
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i think you mean jocasta or zach will be leaving. caleb and victoria won the botb, so they aren't eligible to be replacement noms.
Yes, Jocasta, sorry. Either way, she'll take the safe route. It's why this season is boring. The "others" are sheep. I'm not even sure what their game mode is? Usually you can tell. They form a second alliance, or they move from one alliance to the next. This year? I have no clue. Can anyone tell me what Nicole, or Jocasta, or Victoria, or Hayden's game is? Wait around to get voted off? Surely they know who's running the game by now.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #17
Ment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 7,996
Their strategy is make it until next week and that's all, in the meantime hope a fracture develops in the Detonators. Victoria is actually sitting pretty good in this scenario. She'll probably get put up a couple more times but a bigger target will always be sitting with her and she can float her way to top four cause no one thinks she can win comps.
__________________
This is so not gummy bears
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #18
angbear1985
Τι ποτέ !
 
angbear1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,295
I can't wait to see how Caleb does - having to be attached to Victoria for 48 hours!
__________________
angbear1985 ♥ kobysacuhi
angbear1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #19
dimented
Comfortably Numb
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Somewhere between Scarlet and Gray
Posts: 11,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by angbear1985 View Post
I can't wait to see how Caleb does - having to be attached to Victoria for 48 hours!
He will probably get infatuated with her next.
__________________
What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
dimented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:17 AM   #20
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Their strategy is make it until next week and that's all, in the meantime hope a fracture develops in the Detonators. Victoria is actually sitting pretty good in this scenario. She'll probably get put up a couple more times but a bigger target will always be sitting with her and she can float her way to top four cause no one thinks she can win comps.
That's a good strategy to potentially get toward the end, but unless they are in the finals with someone who's just completely despicable and has no allies (kind of like Dan in his second season), there's no way to win. It's a terrible strategy. Donny, I think is playing it to some extent, but he has some America's Team "in" and he's doing a bit of playing. If I were to pick a favorite to win right now, it would be Donny.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #21
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
If I were to pick a favorite to win right now, it would be Donny.
my pick at this point would be derrick. he hasn't seen the block, and has information on all sides of the house. he's not the most likeable, but has played a great game.
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #22
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
my pick at this point would be derrick. he hasn't seen the block, and has information on all sides of the house. he's not the most likeable, but has played a great game.
I think Derrick is my number 2. I really think that it's between those two and whoever is smart enough to knock off the other wins. If they go to the end together, Donny wins because he has more friends.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #23
verdugan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Donny wins because he has more friends.
Agreed, which is I can't see why anybody in their right minds would take Donny to the final 2.

Last edited by verdugan : 08-05-2014 at 01:13 PM. Reason: fixed typo
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #24
Ment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 7,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
That's a good strategy to potentially get toward the end, but unless they are in the finals with someone who's just completely despicable and has no allies (kind of like Dan in his second season), there's no way to win. It's a terrible strategy. Donny, I think is playing it to some extent, but he has some America's Team "in" and he's doing a bit of playing. If I were to pick a favorite to win right now, it would be Donny.
I would agree but also do not think those that pursue a strategy to survive until the big guns go after each other really think they are going to ultimately win. Maybe Victoria in princess brain mode might entertain such thoughts.
__________________
This is so not gummy bears
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #25
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,571
i predict victoria and jocasta will be gone sooner than later. stronger players always talk about carrying weaker players to the final 3(4,5,6), but when hard choices have to be made, they usually end up sending the weaker players to jury.

weaker players have trouble predicting when to make moves or switch alliances for protection, and stronger players have trouble letting go of long term alliances with stronger players to favor weaker players.
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #26
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 9,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
keeping the noms the same and Victoria goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i think you mean jocasta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Yes, Jocasta, sorry.
Jotoria / Vicasta, not really much of a difference between them.
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #27
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i predict victoria and jocasta will be gone sooner than later. stronger players always talk about carrying weaker players to the final 3(4,5,6), but when hard choices have to be made, they usually end up sending the weaker players to jury.

weaker players have trouble predicting when to make moves or switch alliances for protection, and stronger players have trouble letting go of long term alliances with stronger players to favor weaker players.
I think it's more about alliances than weaker/stronger. I don't see any of these clowns in the bomb squad having the guts to turn on their alliance, even if it's better for their games. Thus, I think they will go after all the stragglers before they go after each other. It's "safe". That's what this season is about, which is why every week it's been so predictable. Nobody is making any bold moves.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #28
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 9,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Who won the Battle of the Block?

The show before it ran long, so the end got cut off.
You don't need to see any more than you did to know who won. Caleb's DR clips during the competition are a dead giveaway that he and Victoria won. His head was clearly lacking the hair he had during the competition.
Thank you CBS for spoiling the outcome.
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #29
gweempose
Registered User
 
gweempose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northbrook, IL
Posts: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
You don't need to see any more than you did to know who won. Caleb's DR clips during the competition are a dead giveaway that he and Victoria won. His head was clearly lacking the hair he had during the competition.
Thank you CBS for spoiling the outcome.
I'm so dense I didn't even notice. I wonder why they didn't record his DR stuff BEFORE making him shave his head? Perhaps someone who reads the live feed thread can enlighten us?
__________________
(1) Roamio Pro
(1) Premiere XL4
(1) Premiere XL
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #30
pmyers
Registered User
 
pmyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,216
Unfortuntely I predict Caleb will be in the house for a while....people want to be next to him in the finals.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |