TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
squint

The Strain - S01E04 - "It's Not For Everyone" - OAD 8/3/2014 - *spoilers*

Once again I find the nudity viewer discretion warnings hilarious. I don't think we even got to see a cloaca.*

The survivors are being knocked off one by one. We haven't seen the lawyer in awhile though.

*Technically, I think it should have discharged uric acid rather than ammonia. Fish can excrete nitrogen in the form of ammonia because their watery environment quickly carries it away. Ammonia is far more toxic to organisms than uric acid or urea and AFAIK only fish can get away with it.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think the nudity warning at the bottom (and spoken) is a general warning, while the actual letters change week to week and truly indicate whether it's there. This week it was L and V.

The lawyer's got to be in bad shape, although I thought the same about the husband, but at the beginning of the episode it looked like maybe they went back in time a little bit to show his transformation, similar to how Goth Guy was last week.

Dish Network was in & out for FX this week, it went off the deep end about 45 minutes in. The last 15 minutes were choppy, and I missed much of what happened. It was mentally figuring it out rather than watching it unfold, which was disappointing.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
danterner
Not it!

That was either a Tarp of Invisibility +2 or some rather poor editing in the opening scene. Eff took the sheet, opened it up over the corpse of the pilot, but then it was miraculously gone a moment later. And for his next trick....
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

I read all three of these books. So far they are being very faithful to the source material. I'm glad they did it as a TV series instead of a movie. Doing it as a movie, even 3 or 4, would have required cutting out a lot of the sub plots which are all important later in the story. I would have hated to see it end up like Ender's Game.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #5
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I got all caught up on this show yesterday and this morning. Still enjoying the show. I only read the first book and I'm seeing familiar things. Like the guy locking himself in the shed. Although in the book, I think it was a cellar.