TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #31
Dawghows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
This plot seems to be going round and round with no end in sight, and it's frankly getting boring. It also feels like they have completely run out of things for Louis. This whole stage fright things was just stupid. And they finally seem to be moving toward Harvey and Donna getting together.

I don't know if I'm just tired of the show or if its off the rails, but this used to be a must watch for me, and now it is just a watch when I can show.
This pretty much sums it up for me. A lot of the dialog/banter is still kind of fun to watch, but yeah, at this point it's just spinning it's wheels as far as the storyline is concerned.
Dawghows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #32
Craigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawghows View Post
This pretty much sums it up for me. A lot of the dialog/banter is still kind of fun to watch, but yeah, at this point it's just spinning it's wheels as far as the storyline is concerned.
I agree. I think by the end of the season Mike will no longer be an investment banker and will be back with Pearson Specter. Hopefully they make Louis a name partner.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #33
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Huh? Harvey has several times before taken Donna out in the limo to show his appreciation and friendship. It does not mean they are "getting together".
There have been subtle hints all season. More than any other season, we are seeing examples of Donna's devotion toward Harvey and we are getting catch phrases like I'm a "Harvey fan" or I'm a "Donna fan" stuff like that. It seems that the writers are going out of their way to hammer that point home. It does seem that things are pointing that way, at least to me.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #34
Howie
Out of Pocket

Has anyone noticed how Harvey calling out "Donna" harkens back to Josh calling out to his "Donna" on the West Wing? And both of the Donnas in their own way seem smarter than their bosses.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #35
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigbob View Post
Hopefully they make Louis a name partner.
Hopefully they give him a couple story lines in which he's not a total idiot and the butt of all jokes first.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #36
wprager

I missed the episode before last week's (the one with Eric Roberts). Can someone quickly summarize it (show hasn't been good enough to download it -- especially since we've already watched the "Pound of Flesh" one) but I feel I'm missing something.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #37
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
This plot seems to be going round and round with no end in sight, and it's frankly getting boring. It also feels like they have completely run out of things for Louis. This whole stage fright things was just stupid. And they finally seem to be moving toward Harvey and Donna getting together.

I don't know if I'm just tired of the show or if its off the rails, but this used to be a must watch for me, and now it is just a watch when I can show.
the plot does keep going around and around. It is pretty dead.

The only fun was Harvey and Mike out at the steak place. They are just too good a team to keep seperated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:30 AM   #38
john4200

Quote:
There have been subtle hints all season. More than any other season, we are seeing examples of Donna's devotion toward Harvey and we are getting catch phrases like I'm a "Harvey fan" or I'm a "Donna fan" stuff like that. It seems that the writers are going out of their way to hammer that point home. It does seem that things are pointing that way, at least to me.
It is just friendship, same as they have always had. Nothing is different.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:12 AM   #39
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
I missed the episode before last week's (the one with Eric Roberts). Can someone quickly summarize it (show hasn't been good enough to download it -- especially since we've already watched the "Pound of Flesh" one) but I feel I'm missing something.
Harvey and Eric Roberts have a past where Harvey did Eric wrong.
Mike tries to get money investors and Harvey sends Louis to foil him. Louis wins, gloats and says enemies hold grudges.
Mike gets the idea to go to Eric as an investor only Eric wants Mike to screw over his investment banker boss as a condition of getting the money.
Will Mike or won't he?
Louis confesses to Harvey he inadvertently gave Mike the idea to go to Eric.
Harvey warns him not to get in bed with Eric.
Spoiler:
Mike does the right thing only to find out Eric has gone behind his back and made the investment through his investment banker boss.

and scene.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #40
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
the plot does keep going around and around. It is pretty dead.

The only fun was Harvey and Mike out at the steak place. They are just too good a team to keep seperated.
I started out liking Harvey and Mike on opposite sides. The whole mentor vs. mentee thing. But, the plot is just taking too long to materialize.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #41
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
It is just friendship, same as they have always had. Nothing is different.
Maybe it's just me, but it feels different to me.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #42
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
Mike does the right thing only to find out Eric has gone behind his back and made the investment through his investment banker boss.
Well, Mike did not really do the "right thing". He was seriously considering taking the money. But then Jessica bought the shares so then there was no reason for Mike to take the money anymore.

I wonder if -- when Sidwell finds out about the FU clause in the deal and confronts Mike -- Mike will say that he never planned to actually take the money and so did not plan to betray Sidwell. It would have been a valid strategy to just use the potential of the money as a bluff against Harvey. So Mike could credibly tell Sidwell that he never had any intention of betraying him. Of course, that would be a lie.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #43
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Well, Mike did not really do the "right thing". He was seriously considering taking the money. But then Jessica bought the shares so then there was no reason for Mike to take the money anymore.

I wonder if -- when Sidwell finds out about the FU clause in the deal and confronts Mike -- Mike will say that he never planned to actually take the money and so did not plan to betray Sidwell. It would have been a valid strategy to just use the potential of the money as a bluff against Harvey. So Mike could credibly tell Sidwell that he never had any intention of betraying him. Of course, that would be a lie.
When we found out that Eric Roberts got Sidwell to accept the money, that to me signaled that Mike was off the hook, because if Sidwell gets cut out of the deal now, he'll have nobody but himself to blame.

My speculation is that with Harvey now regretting the way this whole thing went down, and Mike not wanting to be involved with his own partners, Harvey and Mike will somehow team up to foil the deal. And since Mike now realizes that the pressure of him not really being an attorney still exists in the investment banking world, he'll decide that if he has to keep that secret his entire professional life, he'd rather do it at Pearson Specter.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #44
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
When we found out that Eric Roberts got Sidwell to accept the money, that to me signaled that Mike was off the hook, because if Sidwell gets cut out of the deal now, he'll have nobody but himself to blame.
I agree that Sidwell essentially screwed himself over when he went behind Mike's back to take the money.

But I am still curious about the upcoming Sidwell / Mike confrontation. It would seem natural for Sidwell to accuse Mike of betraying him. Will Mike respond that he seriously considered said betrayal (the truth), or will Mike claim that he never had any intention of betraying Sidwell and was just bluffing with the deal (a credible lie)?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #45
wprager

Thanks for the recap. But I think I'm even more confused now. This show can do that to me, sometimes.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #46
cheesesteak
Meh.

I totally lost track of the various machinations, crosses and double crosses in the Gillis Industries deal. I have no idea how Sidwell could be cut out of the deal that his firm negotiated.

I can deal with Mike going back to the law firm but this Mike/Rachel breakup crap needs to stop. I was sick of their drama a couple of years ago.

I hope Jessica wasn't kidding when she told Jeff Malone he was fired.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #47
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

This was like the third time that Mike swore to Rachel that she could tell him anything, she tells him something, and he bails in a nanosecond. It's getting tiresome.

On the other hand, Donna is never tiresome. NEVER.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #48
wprager

Rachel could do better. So could Mike. They just aren't all that compatible.

And how did Eric Roberts get so rich when each deal involves accessing someone? Being ruthless is one thing, but this is all personal.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:22 AM   #49
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
this Mike/Rachel breakup crap needs to stop. I was sick of their drama a couple of years ago.
I agree. Jesus it was a half hearted kiss at best - the way they all acted you would think they did the full nasty.

The other tired story line is Jessica and her love interest
I'm the boss we can't have a relationship oh wait we can oh no we can't I hate you I don't hate you your work is the best no you screwed up we have to be professionals now kiss me.

Yawn.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #50
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
I'm the boss we can't have a relationship oh wait we can oh no we can't I hate you I don't hate you your work is the best no you screwed up we have to be professionals now kiss me.

Yawn.
Especially with the fact that he's a total dick.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #51
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

Yawn.
This. Plus there is ZERO chemistry between the two. So much so that I have a hard time even believing that they even belong in the same room with each other let alone dating.

I'm really disappointed in this season. I thought it started it with a lot of promise with Mike and Harvey being adversaries. The "apprentice" up against his "master" thing. But things go SO convoluted that I really couldn't follow everything that was going on, and really just wanted it to get over with.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #52
john4200

Quote:
But things go SO convoluted that I really couldn't follow everything that was going on, and really just wanted it to get over with.
Huh? What was hard to follow?
Old 08-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #53
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Huh? What was hard to follow?
The whole Gillis Industries shenanigans.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #54
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
The whole Gillis Industries shenanigans.
This
Old 08-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #55
cheesesteak
Meh.

For the life of me, I don't understand why Mike was allowed to run point on the Gillis Industries project, pretty much unsupervised, when he'd been an investment banker for about five minutes. Especially going against Harvey "I've never lost a case" Specter.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #56
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
For the life of me, I don't understand why Mike was allowed to run point on the Gillis Industries project, pretty much unsupervised, when he'd been an investment banker for about five minutes. Especially going against Harvey "I've never lost a case" Specter.
Because Sidwell trusted him..whatever that means. That's another inconsistency IMO. On one hand Sidwell treats him like any other employee, on the other, he's able to do whatever the heck he wants. It doesn't make sense.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #57
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Well, Sidwell brought Mike on board to make deals, and this was Mike's deal. I think Sidwell would have checked up on things more often, but I don't have a problem with Mike being allowed to run point.

As for Harvey's involvement, it wasn't a legal deal, so I'm not sure why Harvey was involved at the level he was. Someone in Logan's position would have been doing most of the maneuvering, and would have just used Harvey to draft documents and help with negotiations. Instead, it was almost like Harvey and the firm were essentially doing Logan's job for him.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #58
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Well, Sidwell brought Mike on board to make deals, and this was Mike's deal. I think Sidwell would have checked up on things more often, but I don't have a problem with Mike being allowed to run point.

As for Harvey's involvement, it wasn't a legal deal, so I'm not sure why Harvey was involved at the level he was. Someone in Logan's position would have been doing most of the maneuvering, and would have just used Harvey to draft documents and help with negotiations. Instead, it was almost like Harvey and the firm were essentially doing Logan's job for him.
I thought Jessica bought stock in Gillis' company so they were involved directly in the deal (although in real life, they might have been doing insider trading by doing that). I've never been involved in that sort of investment banking, and I bet legal gets more involved than we think.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #59
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I thought Jessica bought stock in Gillis' company so they were involved directly in the deal (although in real life, they might have been doing insider trading by doing that). I've never been involved in that sort of investment banking, and I bet legal gets more involved than we think.
That deal was voided when dipsh*t lawyer found something boyfriend lawyer missed when setting up the purchase so it would be "questionable" instead of just "illegal."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #60
john4200

Quote:
This
What was hard to follow about it? It seemed clear enough to me.