TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #6991
Thos19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Offhand, I'm not completely sure if that will work with .TiVo files; you might have to manually decrypt them first.
Thanks for the info. I think corrupted files is most likely as well.
Thos19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:12 AM   #6992
dearing

If you're interested in _watching_ the videos on the TiVo and don't care if they're _copied_ to it, you can try StreamBaby. It will run as a service on any pc on your network and stream videos to the tivo with trick play.
dearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #6993
kelavine

I've been using KMTTG on Windows for a while now and was trying on a Linux Ubuntu machine. I'm outputting to a NAS share and while downloading a show the metadata works fine; but the TIVO file fails to download. The error is is "Ext code 23".

I've checked permissions and I've got chmod 777 on the NAS share. I'm running v1.1a

What log files can I check?

Thanks
kelavine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #6994
moyekj

Exit code 23 is a write error according to this summary of curl exit codes:
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html

You could try in config using "Java downloads" to see if it makes any difference, but if it's truly a write permissions problem then you'll get errors no matter which method you use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #6995
kelavine

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Exit code 23 is a write error according to this summary of curl exit codes:

You could try in config using "Java downloads" to see if it makes any difference, but if it's truly a write permissions problem then you'll get errors no matter which method you use.
Thanks, will try that.

Also looking a little more at my syntax for mounting the share in FSTAB. As user on the Linux box I have RW access to the share, but my research show lots of gotchas with permissions.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #6996
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

I just recently updated my KMTTG machine to OS X 10.10 Yosemite and now when running the app I'm getting this error when trying to get NPL info from any of my TiVos

Quote:
Failed to retrieve Now Playing List from Family Room
Exit code: 56
Check YOUR MAK & IP settings
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
100 31 100 31 0 0 185 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 185

0 0 0 21806 0 0 55016 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 55016
curl: (56) SSLRead() return error -9806
Any idea what I might need to do to get this working again? (I apologize if this has already been covered, I'm really behind in this thread and didn't get a chance to catch up before posting.)

Thanks for your help!

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #6997
kelavine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelavine View Post
Thanks, will try that.

Also looking a little more at my syntax for mounting the share in FSTAB. As user on the Linux box I have RW access to the share, but my research show lots of gotchas with permissions.
Looking at my Linux config and doing some research, I changed from doing a CIFS share to a NFS share. That has resolved my permissions issue.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #6998
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
I just recently updated my KMTTG machine to OS X 10.10 Yosemite and now when running the app I'm getting this error when trying to get NPL info from any of my TiVos

Any idea what I might need to do to get this working again? (I apologize if this has already been covered, I'm really behind in this thread and didn't get a chance to catch up before posting.)

Thanks for your help!
In config->Program Options enable Java Downloads instead of curl and see if you get a more descriptive error.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #6999
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Quote:
In config->Program Options enable Java Downloads instead of curl and see if you get a more descriptive error.
Thanks. I will do that and report back

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
Old 07-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #7000
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Changing it to Java instead of Curl got it working again. Is there a benefit of using one type over the other? Should I try to fix the Curl issue or just let it be?

Retired
Old 07-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #7001
moyekj

There's no benefit of one method over the other except in your case 1 works and the other doesn't so should be fine.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #7002
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Quote:
There's no benefit of one method over the other except in your case 1 works and the other doesn't so should be fine.
I feel like it's a little slower, but that might just be my imagination. I'll leave it as is since it's working. kmttg is the ONE program I didn't want to break with the upgrade, so I'm glad it's working.

Retired
Old 07-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #7003
moyekj

v1.1b version released

v1.1b version is now released. This version contains File Naming override setting in auto transfers setup and a new Reboot button available under Remote-Info tab for series 4 or later units. Consult release_notes Wiki for details.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #7004
squint

I just installed 1.1b to try to transfer SPs to my new TiVos but before I attempted that, I wanted to edit the .csv files to quickly modify the number of episodes that are kept. When I tried loading the modified _sp.csv file back, I got the following error:

readJSONArray - A JSONArray text must start with '[' at 1 [character 2 line 1]

I tried loading an unmodified _sp.csv and got the same error.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong as I just started using kmmtg.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #7005
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by squint View Post
I just installed 1.1b to try to transfer SPs to my new TiVos but before I attempted that, I wanted to edit the .csv files to quickly modify the number of episodes that are kept. When I tried loading the modified _sp.csv file back, I got the following error:

readJSONArray - A JSONArray text must start with '[' at 1 [character 2 line 1]

I tried loading an unmodified _sp.csv and got the same error.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong as I just started using kmmtg.
I don't believe that kmttg supports importing from a .csv file.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #7006
squint

I think I should have Saved to a files then Loaded them. I used Export previously.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #7007
squint

Alright, I read the wiki and can't find out how to download a show. I don't want to setup an AutoTransfer. I just want to download one show off of the NPL.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #7008
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by squint View Post
Alright, I read the wiki and can't find out how to download a show. I don't want to setup an AutoTransfer. I just want to download one show off of the NPL.
Click on a show and then the "Start job"

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #7009
squint

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:25 AM   #7010
duftopia

Smile Kmttg issue of java?

I recently had an update to java - version 7 I think, however there test site never works for me so I cannot tell if its okay, support of course is all pay and worse!!!

I ran knttg.jar and it does nothing, went through the steps to associate the javaw.exe file and am still crippled, however me and many other never get any info on testing the java through the java site, so how can I even approach fixing the sudden problem?

Duf
duftopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:02 AM   #7011
moyekj

Open a dos window (execute cmd from Start menu) and then execute as follows:
cd "c:\dir\where\kmttg\is\installed"
kmttg.jar

This way you can see error messages.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #7012
nahtanoj1

Mac Tivoto Go - version 1.1a - with the latest versions of Java and OSX and I am trying to download to a USB attached disk drive (moving off my local hard drive) but the when I configure the File ,Settings setting to choose the USB drive it get an error once I have selected the directory. Any idea? I am also getting a JAVA error when I choose File, Configure the first time and then the second time it works. Thanks for any help you can give.
nahtanoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #7013
moyekj

Sounds like Java File Manager is having trouble in general. Try bypassing the File Manager and just enter the correct full path directly in the config field. Note that if kmttg doesn't have write access there then the files will go into the kmttg install dir instead.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #7014
jcthorne

I just got round to trying using atomic parsly from within kmttg to correct and add in tags in my mp4 files. Is there a reason it does not write the title field? It seems to update many other fields but not title and looking at the command in the log, sure enough, --title is not to be found. Is there an option for this?

Thanks

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #7015
cherry ghost

--title is whatever episodeTitle is in the metadata file
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #7016
jcthorne

episodeTitle does not exist for movies

Old 07-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #7017
cherry ghost

--TVShowName uses what's under title in the metadata. --stik "Short Film" sets it as a movie
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #7018
moyekj

For non-episodic shows this is used:
--stik "Short Film"
For episodic shows it becomes:
--stik "TV Show"

When title is present in pyTivo metadata file all of these are set based on the title:
--TVShowName
--artist
--albumArtist

(This is all supposedly designed to be iTunes friendly, but personally I despise iTunes and don't use it, so wouldn't know - a lot of the implementation in this code is based on contributions from iTunes and other users).

Last edited by moyekj : 07-29-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 PM   #7019
jcthorne

Quote:
For non-episodic shows this is used:
--stik "Short Film"
For episodic shows it becomes:
--stik "TV Show"

When title is present in pyTivo metadata file all of these are set based on the title:
--TVShowName
--artist
--albumArtist

(This is all supposedly designed to be iTunes friendly, but personally I despise iTunes and don't use it, so wouldn't know - a lot of the implementation in this code is based on contributions from iTunes and other users).
I see --stik "Short Film" so that works fine,

But nothing sets --Title and that is what is displayed in the Tivo shows list when pushed with pytivo. And why would one want --artist set as the title of the film? Would that not be the studio or perhaps the director or leading actor?

I have no use for iTunes, its just that pushing mp4 files with bogus data in the tags, the tivo ignores what pytivo sets and uses what is in the file. I need to properly populate the file to fix the bogus data some of my files seem to have acquired. Don't know when Tivo started this behavior, but its within the last couple releases. Heck, I could even live with overwriting --title to blank and then Tivo would use the metadata pytivo sends. Could you look at adding provision for --title?

Thanks

Old 07-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #7020
moyekj

OK, added --title based on title pyTivo metadata field. You can try out kmttg.jar from this zip file if you wish:
kmttg_v1.1c_beta1.zip