TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #241
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
The only thing I don't love about the new Hd menu/guide is the bright yellow box. As you scroll down, for me anyway, the bright yellow box not only doesn't highlight the item you are sitting on but it hides it.
Is it possible that there is some setting on your TV that is causing this? I'm not seeing a problem.

Looked at both guide styles in HD & SD.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:47 PM   #242
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Just got it on my Roamio Pro and I'm not on any kind of priority list. I didn't know if it was going to add much value, but I have to say, I have already used the "Going away soon" feature and I find that quite useful (although I'm only at 30% full so not sure why anything needs to be "going away soon"... Still, I think it will kind of help me prioritize what to watch next. So far so good... Hope I don't get any random reboots.

Last edited by bareyb : 07-29-2014 at 03:12 AM.
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #243
tba02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idjack View Post
This new update seems faster on both HD and SD.

I cannot, however, access Netflix or Hulu or youtube from the SD menu.

Clicking VOD from the main SD menu brings up "network unavailable" even though I can access the Tivo service and my HD Tivo.
Access is fine through the HD menu, but I don't like using it because I can barely read the small font of the HD menu.

Does anyone know if this is universal with the update, or just a problem with my Premiere?
Anyone got an answer for this one? I juts got the update today and have the same issue. Network connection is fine and Netflix is fine in HD.
tba02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #244
blacknoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
This is definitely a bug.

Set the channel to an SD 4:3 program,
Reset the HDUI (TDTUPP)
The Video is now stretched even though the display says Panel
Press Zoom 4Xs to reset to actual Panel
This aspect bug is happening on all 3 of my tivos now (roamio pro, roamio regular and 1 mini).

I can work around it by tapping the zoom button a few times but the tivo always reverts to stretch eventually (but the GUI thinks it's in panel view).
Old 07-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #245
moose53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idjack View Post
[snip]

I cannot, however, access Netflix or Hulu or Youtube from the SD menu.

Clicking VOD from the main SD menu brings up "network unavailable" even though I can access the Tivo service and my HD Tivo.

Access is fine through the HD menu, but I don't like using it because I can barely read the small font of the HD menu.

Does anyone know if this is universal with the update, or just a problem with my Premiere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tba02 View Post
Anyone got an answer for this one? I juts got the update today and have the same issue. Network connection is fine and Netflix is fine in HD.
I had the same problem this morning (got the update while I was sleeping last night). (I also have a Premiere.)

This is what worked for me:

(I normally watch ONLY in SD mode because my vision is so poor. AND, my TV is new ... just a year old ... but only works in 720p mode.)

Change your video output format from 720p to 480i by going to:

From TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Video > Video Output Format

You should now be able to see Youtube and Netflix (don't know about Hulu ... don't use that).

Change your video output format back from 480i to 720p by going to:

From TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Video > Video Output Format

(In my case, I used 720p because that is all my television is capable of doing.)

Everything should work fine in standard def. now.

Barb
Old 07-29-2014, 03:34 AM   #246
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknoi View Post
This aspect bug is happening on all 3 of my tivos now (roamio pro, roamio regular and 1 mini).

I can work around it by tapping the zoom button a few times but the tivo always reverts to stretch eventually (but the GUI thinks it's in panel view).
I tested this aspect ratio bug, on a Premiere XL, and I can confirm it is happening to me too.
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #247
MaxG

I had this issue somewhat on my Samsung 55". The contents of the selection box were very hard to read. I changed the video mode from "Standard" to "Movie" and I could then easily see the contents of the yellow selection box.

Briefly, you just need to play around with the contrast and brightness settings on your TV until you can easily see the contents.
MaxG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:48 PM   #248
CrashMeister

How do you change the sequence of the categories ? I've seen mention of people saying it's possible.

Thanks,
Craig.
CrashMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #249
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMeister View Post
How do you change the sequence of the categories ? I've seen mention of people saying it's possible.

Thanks,
Craig.
from within "my shows" press "a", select "left column", highlight the category you want to move, right arrow then up or down to move, then press "a" to save.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace

Last edited by NorthAlabama : 07-29-2014 at 03:21 PM.
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #250
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
from within "my shows" press "a", select "left column", highlight the category you want to move, left arrow then up or down to move, then press "a" to save.
That should be "right arrow"

Old 07-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #251
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
That should be "right arrow"
oops! thinking and typing at the same time are dangerous for me, thanks, i'll edit.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 07-29-2014, 03:29 PM   #252
CrashMeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
from within "my shows" press "a", select "left column", highlight the category you want to move, right arrow then up or down to move, then press "a" to save.
Much obliged. Thank you.
CrashMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #253
SoBelle0
What's next?

Thanks for that! Is there a similar way to re-order the Video Providers list?

So far... I like it!
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #254
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

no way to sort the order of video providers afaik.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:52 PM   #255
Connor9220

Just got my update tonight. Few things I've noticed. I normally run SD menus because I hate change, I still have a Series 3, and I found the SD menus run much faster. Now when I try to access VOD (IE. Netflix) I get a network error. Like other people who have described in this thread. The other thing I noticed is, the Closed Captions in Neflix looks different. Different font.. and I'm trying to remember, but, I think they use to be yellow not while in Netflix. Can someone confirm this? I really don't like the HD menus.. too much stuff.. I want my SD back.. but.. no VOD sucks.. and they took away Amazon from SD menus on the last update.. WTF?

Thanks, Connor
Connor9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:58 AM   #256
morac
Cat God

The closed caption style and color settings for watching recording can be set in the settings menu.

Netflix has it's own settings which you can change at https://movies.netflix.com/SubtitlePreferences

I'm not sure if those work on TiVo or not since TiVo isn't listed on Netflix's close captions help page https://help.netflix.com/en/node/372
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:17 AM   #257
torshire

Update not working with TWC

I've had non-stop pixelation ever since the 20.4.2-01-2-746 update came through.

I reset the box, but that hasn't helped.

When there's a software update on many other products, consumers can choose to install it or not. With OS and Apps, I like to wait and see what the early adopters say about it. If I'd read about this and saw the thinness of the new font, I wouldn't have upgraded.
torshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #258
katm

My Premiere is actually much slower since the update.

I am on SD (so I don't get all the new benefits of the HD menus).

Now, I find when I do anything it gives me a "please wait" for a second or two. Before it used to just go to where I wanted to go right away. So, I am not sure why this was supposed to be speedier!

Guide...please wait
Watch a show...please wait
To Do List...please wait
Live TV...please wait
katm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:03 PM   #259
Kardinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitm View Post
I found a bug with 20.4.2 and SD menus. If I use SD menus then selecting video ondemand services brings up a screen that says my local network connection is down. But if I go to the network settings and test the connection (or connect to Tivo) all works fine. If I then swicth back to HD menus I can easily access Netflix, Comcast on Demand, etc.

So it seems there is a bug in the old-style SD menu (which presents a different way to navigate to video ondemand services.
I'm getting the same thing. Anyone else experiencing this or are snitm and I the only ones using the SD menus?

EDIT: Of course, then I see this, which is at least something to try. I'll try it and get back:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...0#post10189130

Last edited by Kardinal : 07-30-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Found a workaround I missed the first time.
Kardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:45 AM   #260
MrSinatra

I STILL don't have the 20.4.2 update!

I only found out about entering your TSN at Tivo today, which I've done, but come on, this is beyond slow for a roll out. a user should be allowed to opt in and get it right away if they want to be an early adopter.
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:11 PM   #261
dcomiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
I STILL don't have the 20.4.2 update!

I only found out about entering your TSN at Tivo today, which I've done, but come on, this is beyond slow for a roll out. a user should be allowed to opt in and get it right away if they want to be an early adopter.
First, with all of the bugs mentioned earlier, why are you in such a hurry? Second: http://www.tivo.com/priority_20_4_2
dcomiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:18 PM   #262
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcomiskey View Post
First, with all of the bugs mentioned earlier, why are you in such a hurry? Second: http://www.tivo.com/priority_20_4_2
I was certainly not in a hurry... but I got it anyway.

I don't use the SD menus. Is there a big Bug for HD GUI users? So far both my boxes seem to be running great, but maybe I'm missing something...
Old 07-31-2014, 09:39 PM   #263
mishmash

I'm still waiting for the Spring Update! I know I can request "priority" updating for the Summer Update... Does anyone know if 20.4.1 is rolled into 20.4.2.?
mishmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:34 PM   #264
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmash View Post
I'm still waiting for the Spring Update! I know I can request "priority" updating for the Summer Update... Does anyone know if 20.4.1 is rolled into 20.4.2.?
Everyone should have gotten 20.4.1 a long time ago. If you don't have that, I doubt you'll get 20.4.2. You might want to give TiVo a call about that.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #265
UCLABB

Got the updates, one TiVo at a time over a three day period.

For future reference, I was wondering when the unit actually installs the update. On my first two units, it was just suddenly there. On the third unit, when I went into the System menu, it simply showed "restart pending". I forced a restart and it installed in about 30 minutes or so. There was plenty of time for this to happen on its own from the time I got the update mid-morning, i.e., no recordings scheduled for several hours. Perhaps it waits to install on its own in the middle of the night?
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #266
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLABB View Post
Got the updates, one TiVo at a time over a three day period.

For future reference, I was wondering when the unit actually installs the update. On my first two units, it was just suddenly there. On the third unit, when I went into the System menu, it simply showed "restart pending". I forced a restart and it installed in about 30 minutes or so. There was plenty of time for this to happen on its own from the time I got the update mid-morning, i.e., no recordings scheduled for several hours. Perhaps it waits to install on its own in the middle of the night?
Usually waits 'til @0200.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:08 PM   #267
beeman65

With the new update, it is like night and day navigating the HD menus compared to previous versions. So much better!
beeman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #268
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman65 View Post
With the new update, it is like night and day navigating the HD menus compared to previous versions. So much better!
I agree. SO much better now. If mine had come this way I never would have complained about it.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:08 AM   #269
jeffsinsfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmash View Post
I noticed two weeks ago that I still hadn't gotten 20.4.1 on my Premiere XL4, either. When it updated I was hoping I'd just get the latest software update, but it only upgraded to 20.4.1. I finally got 20.4.2 yesterday.
jeffsinsfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:50 AM   #270
drweb
TiVo User & Lover

finally got my update yesterday.. great, so far.. thanks TiVo!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

San Diego, CA
drweb is offline   Reply With Quote