TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
jcthorne

Summer update released yet?

Has the summer update (20.4.2) gone out to the general users yet?

I had a Roamio that updated a couple weeks ago and then proceeded to fail one tuner. Got the box replaced and the new one installed but the installation downloaded and installed 20.4.1, previous revision.

Funny situation is that our two Premieres are now snappier through the menu's than the Roamio.

I went to the priority update page and put in the new TSN just in case but the Roamio has not received the update yet. Currently all four tuners are working fine on this box, course my old box did prior to the update as well.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Has the summer update (20.4.2) gone out to the general users yet?

I had a Roamio that updated a couple weeks ago and then proceeded to fail one tuner. Got the box replaced and the new one installed but the installation downloaded and installed 20.4.1, previous revision.

Funny situation is that our two Premieres are now snappier through the menu's than the Roamio.

I went to the priority update page and put in the new TSN just in case but the Roamio has not received the update yet. Currently all four tuners are working fine on this box, course my old box did prior to the update as well.
priority page usually takes 1 to 2 days.
try to force connection after 7:30 eastern timer.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Some have stated they have received it, TiVo rolls out the updates in waves as having all the TiVos downloading at once causes problems on their side.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #4
mcluvin

Did priority update page yesterday afternoon. Got the update this evening after a few forced connects. Now trying to update one of my minis.
mcluvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
I have a Premiere Elite and a Roamio Pro. On a scale of 1 to 10, rating responsiveness only, the Roamio gets a 9, and the Elite before the update was a 5. Now it's a 7. Nowhere near the speed of the Roamio. Much better, but not equal.

YMMV.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #6
Fielding

Thanks - good info
Fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:00 AM   #7
jcthorne

I think I was seeing the Roamio at its worst just after a new install, they take a day or two to finish indexing etc before they come up to full speed.

you are right, the Roamio with the old software is still a bit faster than the Premiere with the new version. Still trying to get my new Roamio to update to 20.4.2

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:15 AM   #8
monkeydust

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I have a Premiere Elite and a Roamio Pro. On a scale of 1 to 10, rating responsiveness only, the Roamio gets a 9, and the Elite before the update was a 5. Now it's a 7. Nowhere near the speed of the Roamio. Much better, but not equal.
I'd agree with that assessment.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #9
DigitalDawn

This seems a bit odd.

I have a Roamio Pro, XL4 and 5 Mini's. Two of the Mini's received the 20.4.2 update a couple of days ago, but all of the other TiVo devices are still on 20.4.1. I've tried reconnecting to the TiVo service on the Roamio a couple of times but no update.

Has anyone else seen this?
DigitalDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #10
monkeydust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDawn View Post
This seems a bit odd.

I have a Roamio Pro, XL4 and 5 Mini's. Two of the Mini's received the 20.4.2 update a couple of days ago, but all of the other TiVo devices are still on 20.4.1. I've tried reconnecting to the TiVo service on the Roamio a couple of times but no update.

Has anyone else seen this?
My Elite and Plus have had the update for weeks now. I signed those and my Mini up for Priority as soon as the page was posted. My mini still hasn't gotten the update and I went ahead and signed it up on the Priority page again. Really not sure how they roll this update out but I certainly wouldn't have expected my mini still hasn't gotten the update since I signed all 3 up for Priority at the same time.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #11
nycityuser

I did not sign up for priority on the update yet 3 of my machines received it several weeks ago: Roamio Pro, Mini and Premiere. I have had no issues with it and like the filtering on the Now Playing screen.
nycityuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:55 AM   #12
todd_j_derr

TC CLUB MEMBER
I got it on my Roamio a few days ago, do not have it on the 2 minis I use regularly, haven't checked the Premiere or the other 2 minis. I don't think I signed up for priority this time..
todd_j_derr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #13
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

I just activated a new Roamio back on 7/10. When I first connected it, it downloaded an update, but it was 20.4.1.

A couple days later, I found out about the Priority update page, and signed the Roamio up on it. And a couple days after that - probably 7/14 or 7/15 - the Roamio updated itself to 20.4.2.
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #14
joewom

All four of my minis were updated last night and only 2 were submitted for priority update. My two roamio's nothing yet. And both submitted for update.
joewom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:45 AM   #15
monkeydust

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
My Elite and Plus have had the update for weeks now. I signed those and my Mini up for Priority as soon as the page was posted. My mini still hasn't gotten the update and I went ahead and signed it up on the Priority page again. Really not sure how they roll this update out but I certainly wouldn't have expected my mini still hasn't gotten the update since I signed all 3 up for Priority at the same time.
I finally got my mini updated overnight.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #16
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewom View Post
All four of my minis were updated last night and only 2 were submitted for priority update. My two roamio's nothing yet. And both submitted for update.
I'm wondering if this is deliberate? Several people reported issues with Mini's "forgetting" the host DVR and requiring you to redo the network setup on the Mini and re-assign the host DVR. Perhaps updating the Mini's first, and then the Roamios mitigates this problem.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #17
joewom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
I'm wondering if this is deliberate? Several people reported issues with Mini's "forgetting" the host DVR and requiring you to redo the network setup on the Mini and re-assign the host DVR. Perhaps updating the Mini's first, and then the Roamios mitigates this problem.
Was thinking that last night but this morning still nothing on the roamios.
joewom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #18
treaty

haven't gotten it

Premier here. Haven't gotten the update yet. I'm Getting promotional email from TiVo saying "you should have noticed the new look of our summer update by now"... But no, I haven't. Is the update still rolling out or did I get skipped?
treaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #19
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Summer update released yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by treaty View Post
Premier here. Haven't gotten the update yet. I'm Getting promotional email from TiVo saying "you should have noticed the new look of our summer update by now"... But no, I haven't. Is the update still rolling out or did I get skipped?

Still rolling out. My buddy in Montana where we are visiting just got it last night/this morning. He really likes it! He also has a Premiere.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #20
Joe01880
I love my TiVo

Got the update early Tuesday morning. My Roamio Pro is working great although my Premiere does not seem "snappier" is anyway.

Roamio Pro- $99 yearly grandfathered MSD
Premiere- 2TB w/PLS
TiVo HD- 2TB w/ PLS For Sale $350
Series 2- Just sittin around
DVR40- yours if you want it
Connected via Ethernet
FiOS

Joe01880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:29 AM   #21

My Mini also updated first. Still waiting on a Roamio update.

Although all this update really does is make me wish the added tags to the shows.

All I really want in the sidebar is "ME", "WIFE", "KIDS", "OTHER" and "ALL"
ort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #22
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

That's profiles, and it is yet another feature that has been asked for plenty of times and ignored. It could have been as simple as letting you tag SPs/ARWLs/manuals when setup and then filtering the NPL like you can with categories, but they've never bothered with it.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:50 AM   #23
spectrablue

Quote:
Originally Posted by treaty View Post
Same here.
What the email should have said is "you should have noticed we haven't updated your software yet."
spectrablue is offline   Reply With Quote