TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #121
Honora

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
I was hoping Superman would show up somewhere. My son is really into the 60s Batman at the moment. I don't have a DVR that can do OTA, though.
I was in an audience at a comic convention (not Comic Con) years ago when they showed a Superman episode. I got chills when the whole audience, including me, started reciting the opening together.

Happy Batman Day! 75 years old today. I've known him for 55 years. (Saw my first Batman book at age 7) I rode an elevator with Adam West at another convention. Never could see him as Batman though.
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #122
TomK

I love ME TV but I wish I also had a RetroTV affiliate that I could watch, they're showing Doctor Who Classic episodes beginning August 4th. http://www.myretrotv.com/
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #123
Inundated
Face For Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
I love ME TV but I wish I also had a RetroTV affiliate that I could watch, they're showing Doctor Who Classic episodes beginning August 4th. http://www.myretrotv.com/
We have Retro TV here, but it's on two very weak analog channels. It used to be on analog basic cable, but you now have to get an adapter box for the non-major network local channels here.

Here and in other markets, Retro TV lost the battle and the war to Me/Antenna.
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:15 AM   #124
sharkster

I've continued to watch 'The Love Boat' on MeTV. They started out with each episode, in sequence, then it's kind of gotten a bit twisted up. I have this feeling they are going to quit it, like they did with 'That Girl', before getting through the entire series.

Since somewhere in the middle of season two, IIRC, they started skipping episodes and airing them out of sequence. *sigh* If you are going to make the commitment, how about showing the series in its entirety and in sequence? Too much to ask?
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #125
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
That's exactly what I watch on it. My TiVo always grabs a couple of episodes of M*A*S*H each day as suggestions. I like to unwind before bed with an ep or two. Funny that I can quote almost all of them from memory.
One of the best shows ever. Loved those guys (was never really a Hot Lips fan).
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #126
Alfer
WOOSAH!

I wish Directv would get locked in with this channel so I can DVR some classic shows!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #127
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
I wish Directv would get locked in with this channel so I can DVR some classic shows!
you could be waiting a while, it's broadcast on a digital subchannel by one of the local stations in our market that dtv won't carry.

have you searched your zip code on metv to see if it's broadcasting in your town? it could be available to you ota.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #128
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
We have Retro TV here, but it's on two very weak analog channels. It used to be on analog basic cable, but you now have to get an adapter box for the non-major network local channels here.

Here and in other markets, Retro TV lost the battle and the war to Me/Antenna.
Retro TV is on a digital OTA channel here but it's a weak one as well.
I can't get it reliably with my current set up.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #129
DougF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
I was hoping Superman would show up somewhere. My son is really into the 60s Batman at the moment. I don't have a DVR that can do OTA, though.
Solved. Ordered the OTA adapter for the Hopper from Amazon.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #130
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
you could be waiting a while, it's broadcast on a digital subchannel by one of the local stations in our market that dtv won't carry.

have you searched your zip code on metv to see if it's broadcasting in your town? it could be available to you ota.
Already is, that's why I started the thread.

What's weird is DTV carries a couple of craptastic sub channels already that I doubt anyone watches. Mainly from some nearly college town and it's old art/history junk that's in SD. Looks horrible.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #131
Inundated
Face For Radio

DirecTV doesn't generally carry local diginet subchannels.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #132
Inundated
Face For Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Already is, that's why I started the thread.

What's weird is DTV carries a couple of craptastic sub channels already that I doubt anyone watches. Mainly from some nearly college town and it's old art/history junk that's in SD. Looks horrible.
DirecTV does not carry subchannels as a rule, unless it's a Big Four network affiliate (a la Fox in Youngstown).

Here's your local list:

http://www.directv.com/city/tulsa-ok/

Here's the channel you're probably complaining about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KRSU-TV

Quote:
KRSU-TV, virtual channel 35 (UHF digital channel 36), is an educational independent television station located in Claremore, Oklahoma, United States. The station is owned by Rogers State University.
It's a full power station, so it gets on DirecTV. Your MeTV affiliate is a subchannel of the Fox affiliate there, so it doesn't get on.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #133
Inundated
Face For Radio

I like many of the additions, though Cleveland will run into an extra episode of something because someone has the rights to "Cheers" here (the CW affiliate runs it once a week early Sunday morning).

Last time "Cheers" ran, they subbed an extra "Dick Van Dyke Show" because it was next to "Cheers" in the lineup. No idea what they'll do now.

Love "CHiPs" and "Superman". Lukewarm about "Black Sheep Squadron", though I actually talked to its lead one Saturday morning in Sacramento...
Old 07-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #134
cannonz

They said there would be news about Dragnet, I never heard anything, hopefully they will add the B/W episodes to lineup.

Last edited by cannonz : 07-28-2014 at 07:35 AM.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #135
cannonz

The fall schedule will be released today.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #136
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonz View Post
The fall schedule will be released today.
Well her it is. Superman of course will be joining Batman and Wonder Woman on Saturday. There is one surprise on Sunday will be getting a visit from The Man From U.N.C.L.E. In some markets that have right issues Andy Griffith will be replaced with Mayberry R.F.D. I hate they took off my one favorite The Honeymooners.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...14%2520C-M.pdf
Michael S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #137
Doggie Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
Well her it is. Superman of course will be joining Batman and Wonder Woman on Saturday. There is one surprise on Sunday will be getting a visit from The Man From U.N.C.L.E. In some markets that have right issues Andy Griffith will be replaced with Mayberry R.F.D. I hate they took off my one favorite The Honeymooners.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...14%2520C-M.pdf
Very displeased that "Mission: Impossible" is getting demoted from M-F to Sun only. I've slogged through the Jim Phelps-less season 1 episodes (well, tonight is that last one that starts "Good morning, Mr. Briggs"), and I want to get to the season 6 episode with William Shatner as the guest. Now it's going to take 2+ years to get there....
Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #138
mattack

Quote:
I hate they took off my one favorite The Honeymooners.
$19.91 for the entire series (the "main" series) at Amazon.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #139
cannonz

They made a big deal about getting the episodes of Cannon that haven't been in syndication before a while back never showed any, hopefully will when it comes back. Just had started watching Kojak when they bumped it down to once a week, now gone.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #140
Michael S

It looks like AntennaTv is stepping up their game a bit. In 2015 their going to be adding An Alien (R.I.P Robin Williams),a robot, a butler, a legendary kid doctor, Burt Reynolds, Newhart and their going to be moving on up to the eastside.

Michael S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #141
cannonz

Quote:
It looks like AntennaTv is stepping up their game a bit. In 2015 their going to be adding An Alien (R.I.P Robin Williams),a robot, a butler, a legendary kid doctor, Burt Reynolds, Newhart and their going to be moving on up to the eastside.
Glad to see they are in it again, The Jeffersons one of my favorites same with Newhart every time someone starts showing it they stop soon after. I had a feeling Small Wonder would show up somewhere that was odd show. would like to see more of the 80's syndicated shows Mama's Family, Charles In Charge, etc.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #142
cannonz

One thing I noticed is METV goes way overboard with their website Antennatv way under, pretty much just a billboard.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #143
wendiness1
WiiMomma

This channel is our dinner entertainment. My son LOVES Me-TV. I have to admit it's fun watching Hogan's Heroes, Emergency, MASH, etc. On the other hand I can't understand why Lucas McCain doesn't move his son Mark away from the town they're living in. Every single week it's something else. Always something dangerous.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #144
cannonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiness1 View Post
. On the other hand I can't understand why Lucas McCain doesn't move his son Mark away from the town they're living in. Every single week it's something else. Always something dangerous.
I never knew Florida was such a dangerous place till I saw Flipper (the Lassie of the sea), and that poor Timmy on Lassie couldn't cross the street without getting into life or death situation and need saving by the family pet.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:56 AM   #145
Inundated
Face For Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiness1 View Post
This channel is our dinner entertainment. My son LOVES Me-TV. I have to admit it's fun watching Hogan's Heroes, Emergency, MASH, etc. On the other hand I can't understand why Lucas McCain doesn't move his son Mark away from the town they're living in. Every single week it's something else. Always something dangerous.
I don't think it's on MeTV, but man, a lot of people get killed near tiny Cabot Cove.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:15 AM   #146
Chris Gerhard

I like MeTV but it has been screwed up for TiVo for as long as I have been using OTA here in Little Rock. It is on channel 49-1 and that channel shows up twice in the guide, once with the program information and once with "To be announced". Select the channel with the info and you get "searching for signal", select the other and you get the program with no info. Manual recordings are the only way to record anything.

I wrote MeTV and TiVo about 4 years ago, the only responses I got were nonsense, and it hasn't been fixed yet. I have no idea how this can happen since I have never seen it before. It is the same with the TiVoHD and TiVo Premiere. It has actually gotten better because I used to have to look at 20-2 for guide information, that shows up in the guide but I get no signal there either.

The MeTV site has some programming available for streaming, I have watched a few shows using Google TV, it works well but there is a very limited selection available for some reason.
Chris Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:45 AM   #147
Inundated
Face For Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
I like MeTV but it has been screwed up for TiVo for as long as I have been using OTA here in Little Rock. It is on channel 49-1 and that channel shows up twice in the guide, once with the program information and once with "To be announced". Select the channel with the info and you get "searching for signal", select the other and you get the program with no info. Manual recordings are the only way to record anything.
Here is your problem.

The primary full-power signal for MeTV in your area is KMYA-DT/49 Camden AR, which is located far south of Little Rock (and is probably not on your tuner).

KMYA operates KLRA-CD/20 Little Rock, a low-power digital repeater that probably is on your tuner.

According to rabbitears.info, KLRA-CD 20.1 is Univision, and 20.2 is MeTV, a simulcast of KMYA. But 20.2 shows up as 49.1 via PSIP.

How to untangle this? I have no idea, but here's the contact info for KMYA/KLRA, courtesy of the FCC's profile:

#1 Shackleford Drive
Suite 100
Little Rock,AR 72211
501-353-2227
Old 08-31-2014, 07:48 AM   #148
hairyblue
A good Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
I had a problem like this with my PBS station. I'd get a guide like:

The duplicate channel would not work and had searching for signal. I ran the "repeat guided setup" under the Help section and Restart or Reset system. It doesn't delete your recordings but resets the channels your receive. It fixed my problem. But I had to do again about a year later to fix same problem. You could try this.

Hope you get your MEtv fixed.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:07 AM   #149
Chris Gerhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
Here is your problem.

The primary full-power signal for MeTV in your area is KMYA-DT/49 Camden AR, which is located far south of Little Rock (and is probably not on your tuner).

KMYA operates KLRA-CD/20 Little Rock, a low-power digital repeater that probably is on your tuner.

According to rabbitears.info, KLRA-CD 20.1 is Univision, and 20.2 is MeTV, a simulcast of KMYA. But 20.2 shows up as 49.1 via PSIP.

How to untangle this? I have no idea, but here's the contact info for KMYA/KLRA, courtesy of the FCC's profile:

#1 Shackleford Drive
Suite 100
Little Rock,AR 72211
501-353-2227
Thanks for an explanation.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:08 AM   #150
Chris Gerhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyblue View Post
I had a problem like this with my PBS station. I'd get a guide like:

The duplicate channel would not work and had searching for signal. I ran the "repeat guided setup" under the Help section and Restart or Reset system. It doesn't delete your recordings but resets the channels your receive. It fixed my problem. But I had to do again about a year later to fix same problem. You could try this.

Hope you get your MEtv fixed.
I did try that a couple of times, I am pretty sure this problem can't be fixed from my end.