TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #121
Honora
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
I was hoping Superman would show up somewhere. My son is really into the 60s Batman at the moment. I don't have a DVR that can do OTA, though.
I was in an audience at a comic convention (not Comic Con) years ago when they showed a Superman episode. I got chills when the whole audience, including me, started reciting the opening together.

Happy Batman Day! 75 years old today. I've known him for 55 years. (Saw my first Batman book at age 7) I rode an elevator with Adam West at another convention. Never could see him as Batman though.
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #122
TomK
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 2,627
I love ME TV but I wish I also had a RetroTV affiliate that I could watch, they're showing Doctor Who Classic episodes beginning August 4th. http://www.myretrotv.com/
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #123
Inundated
Face For Radio
 
Inundated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 21,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
I love ME TV but I wish I also had a RetroTV affiliate that I could watch, they're showing Doctor Who Classic episodes beginning August 4th. http://www.myretrotv.com/
We have Retro TV here, but it's on two very weak analog channels. It used to be on analog basic cable, but you now have to get an adapter box for the non-major network local channels here.

Here and in other markets, Retro TV lost the battle and the war to Me/Antenna.
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:15 AM   #124
sharkster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NV
Posts: 2,467
I've continued to watch 'The Love Boat' on MeTV. They started out with each episode, in sequence, then it's kind of gotten a bit twisted up. I have this feeling they are going to quit it, like they did with 'That Girl', before getting through the entire series.

Since somewhere in the middle of season two, IIRC, they started skipping episodes and airing them out of sequence. *sigh* If you are going to make the commitment, how about showing the series in its entirety and in sequence? Too much to ask?
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #125
uncdrew
Annie 2.0
 
uncdrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Down South
Posts: 51,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
That's exactly what I watch on it. My TiVo always grabs a couple of episodes of M*A*S*H each day as suggestions. I like to unwind before bed with an ep or two. Funny that I can quote almost all of them from memory.
One of the best shows ever. Loved those guys (was never really a Hot Lips fan).
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #126
Alfer
WOOSAH!
 
Alfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Melmac
Posts: 30,778
I wish Directv would get locked in with this channel so I can DVR some classic shows!
__________________
<a href="http://chataboutyou.com/online-forum-bully">Are you a forum bully?</a>
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #127
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 3,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
I wish Directv would get locked in with this channel so I can DVR some classic shows!
you could be waiting a while, it's broadcast on a digital subchannel by one of the local stations in our market that dtv won't carry.

have you searched your zip code on metv to see if it's broadcasting in your town? it could be available to you ota.
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #128
JYoung
Series 3
 
JYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
We have Retro TV here, but it's on two very weak analog channels. It used to be on analog basic cable, but you now have to get an adapter box for the non-major network local channels here.

Here and in other markets, Retro TV lost the battle and the war to Me/Antenna.
Retro TV is on a digital OTA channel here but it's a weak one as well.
I can't get it reliably with my current set up.
__________________
Member of the TiVoShanan Fan Club!

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:49 PM   #129
DougF
Registered User
 
DougF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
I was hoping Superman would show up somewhere. My son is really into the 60s Batman at the moment. I don't have a DVR that can do OTA, though.
Solved. Ordered the OTA adapter for the Hopper from Amazon.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #130
Alfer
WOOSAH!
 
Alfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Melmac
Posts: 30,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
you could be waiting a while, it's broadcast on a digital subchannel by one of the local stations in our market that dtv won't carry.

have you searched your zip code on metv to see if it's broadcasting in your town? it could be available to you ota.
Already is, that's why I started the thread.

What's weird is DTV carries a couple of craptastic sub channels already that I doubt anyone watches. Mainly from some nearly college town and it's old art/history junk that's in SD. Looks horrible.
__________________
<a href="http://chataboutyou.com/online-forum-bully">Are you a forum bully?</a>
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #131
Inundated
Face For Radio
 
Inundated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 21,551
DirecTV doesn't generally carry local diginet subchannels.
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #132
Inundated
Face For Radio
 
Inundated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 21,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Already is, that's why I started the thread.

What's weird is DTV carries a couple of craptastic sub channels already that I doubt anyone watches. Mainly from some nearly college town and it's old art/history junk that's in SD. Looks horrible.
DirecTV does not carry subchannels as a rule, unless it's a Big Four network affiliate (a la Fox in Youngstown).

Here's your local list:

http://www.directv.com/city/tulsa-ok/

Here's the channel you're probably complaining about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KRSU-TV

Quote:
KRSU-TV, virtual channel 35 (UHF digital channel 36), is an educational independent television station located in Claremore, Oklahoma, United States. The station is owned by Rogers State University.
It's a full power station, so it gets on DirecTV. Your MeTV affiliate is a subchannel of the Fox affiliate there, so it doesn't get on.
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #133
Inundated
Face For Radio
 
Inundated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 21,551
I like many of the additions, though Cleveland will run into an extra episode of something because someone has the rights to "Cheers" here (the CW affiliate runs it once a week early Sunday morning).

Last time "Cheers" ran, they subbed an extra "Dick Van Dyke Show" because it was next to "Cheers" in the lineup. No idea what they'll do now.

Love "CHiPs" and "Superman". Lukewarm about "Black Sheep Squadron", though I actually talked to its lead one Saturday morning in Sacramento...
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #134
cannonz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 960
They said there would be news about Dragnet, I never heard anything, hopefully they will add the B/W episodes to lineup.

Last edited by cannonz : 07-28-2014 at 07:35 AM.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #135
cannonz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 960
The fall schedule will be released today.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #136
Michael S
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonz View Post
The fall schedule will be released today.
Well her it is. Superman of course will be joining Batman and Wonder Woman on Saturday. There is one surprise on Sunday will be getting a visit from The Man From U.N.C.L.E. In some markets that have right issues Andy Griffith will be replaced with Mayberry R.F.D. I hate they took off my one favorite The Honeymooners.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...14%2520C-M.pdf
Michael S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #137
Doggie Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
Well her it is. Superman of course will be joining Batman and Wonder Woman on Saturday. There is one surprise on Sunday will be getting a visit from The Man From U.N.C.L.E. In some markets that have right issues Andy Griffith will be replaced with Mayberry R.F.D. I hate they took off my one favorite The Honeymooners.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...14%2520C-M.pdf
Very displeased that "Mission: Impossible" is getting demoted from M-F to Sun only. I've slogged through the Jim Phelps-less season 1 episodes (well, tonight is that last one that starts "Good morning, Mr. Briggs"), and I want to get to the season 6 episode with William Shatner as the guest. Now it's going to take 2+ years to get there....
__________________
Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #138
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 17,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
I hate they took off my one favorite The Honeymooners.
$19.91 for the entire series (the "main" series) at Amazon.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #139
cannonz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 960
They made a big deal about getting the episodes of Cannon that haven't been in syndication before a while back never showed any, hopefully will when it comes back. Just had started watching Kojak when they bumped it down to once a week, now gone.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:29 PM   #140
Michael S
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 367
It looks like AntennaTv is stepping up their game a bit. In 2015 their going to be adding An Alien (R.I.P Robin Williams),a robot, a butler, a legendary kid doctor, Burt Reynolds, Newhart and their going to be moving on up to the eastside.


Michael S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #141
cannonz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
It looks like AntennaTv is stepping up their game a bit. In 2015 their going to be adding An Alien (R.I.P Robin Williams),a robot, a butler, a legendary kid doctor, Burt Reynolds, Newhart and their going to be moving on up to the eastside.
Glad to see they are in it again, The Jeffersons one of my favorites same with Newhart every time someone starts showing it they stop soon after. I had a feeling Small Wonder would show up somewhere that was odd show. would like to see more of the 80's syndicated shows Mama's Family, Charles In Charge, etc.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #142
cannonz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 960
One thing I noticed is METV goes way overboard with their website Antennatv way under, pretty much just a billboard.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #143
wendiness1
WiiMomma
 
wendiness1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Idunno
Posts: 14,880
This channel is our dinner entertainment. My son LOVES Me-TV. I have to admit it's fun watching Hogan's Heroes, Emergency, MASH, etc. On the other hand I can't understand why Lucas McCain doesn't move his son Mark away from the town they're living in. Every single week it's something else. Always something dangerous.
__________________
I am fairly certain that, given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.
wendiness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:17 AM   #144
cannonz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiness1 View Post
. On the other hand I can't understand why Lucas McCain doesn't move his son Mark away from the town they're living in. Every single week it's something else. Always something dangerous.
I never knew Florida was such a dangerous place till I saw Flipper (the Lassie of the sea), and that poor Timmy on Lassie couldn't cross the street without getting into life or death situation and need saving by the family pet.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:56 AM   #145
Inundated
Face For Radio
 
Inundated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 21,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiness1 View Post
This channel is our dinner entertainment. My son LOVES Me-TV. I have to admit it's fun watching Hogan's Heroes, Emergency, MASH, etc. On the other hand I can't understand why Lucas McCain doesn't move his son Mark away from the town they're living in. Every single week it's something else. Always something dangerous.
I don't think it's on MeTV, but man, a lot of people get killed near tiny Cabot Cove.
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:15 AM   #146
Chris Gerhard
Registered User
 
Chris Gerhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: AR
Posts: 5,050
I like MeTV but it has been screwed up for TiVo for as long as I have been using OTA here in Little Rock. It is on channel 49-1 and that channel shows up twice in the guide, once with the program information and once with "To be announced". Select the channel with the info and you get "searching for signal", select the other and you get the program with no info. Manual recordings are the only way to record anything.

I wrote MeTV and TiVo about 4 years ago, the only responses I got were nonsense, and it hasn't been fixed yet. I have no idea how this can happen since I have never seen it before. It is the same with the TiVoHD and TiVo Premiere. It has actually gotten better because I used to have to look at 20-2 for guide information, that shows up in the guide but I get no signal there either.

The MeTV site has some programming available for streaming, I have watched a few shows using Google TV, it works well but there is a very limited selection available for some reason.
__________________
Home Theater - OTA TiVoHD/1.16TB/NSZ-GS8 GTV
MBR - OTA TiVoHD/660GB/NSZ-GT1 GTV
Den - OTA TiVo Premiere/2TB/NSZ-GT1 GTV
Chris Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:45 AM   #147
Inundated
Face For Radio
 
Inundated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 21,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
I like MeTV but it has been screwed up for TiVo for as long as I have been using OTA here in Little Rock. It is on channel 49-1 and that channel shows up twice in the guide, once with the program information and once with "To be announced". Select the channel with the info and you get "searching for signal", select the other and you get the program with no info. Manual recordings are the only way to record anything.
Here is your problem.

The primary full-power signal for MeTV in your area is KMYA-DT/49 Camden AR, which is located far south of Little Rock (and is probably not on your tuner).

KMYA operates KLRA-CD/20 Little Rock, a low-power digital repeater that probably is on your tuner.

According to rabbitears.info, KLRA-CD 20.1 is Univision, and 20.2 is MeTV, a simulcast of KMYA. But 20.2 shows up as 49.1 via PSIP.

How to untangle this? I have no idea, but here's the contact info for KMYA/KLRA, courtesy of the FCC's profile:

#1 Shackleford Drive
Suite 100
Little Rock,AR 72211
501-353-2227
Inundated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:48 AM   #148
hairyblue
A good Man
 
hairyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
I like MeTV but it has been screwed up for TiVo for as long as I have been using OTA here in Little Rock. It is on channel 49-1 and that channel shows up twice in the guide, once with the program information and once with "To be announced". Select the channel with the info and you get "searching for signal", select the other and you get the program with no info. Manual recordings are the only way to record anything.
I had a problem like this with my PBS station. I'd get a guide like:

42.1
42.1
42.2
42.3

The duplicate channel would not work and had searching for signal. I ran the "repeat guided setup" under the Help section and Restart or Reset system. It doesn't delete your recordings but resets the channels your receive. It fixed my problem. But I had to do again about a year later to fix same problem. You could try this.

Hope you get your MEtv fixed.
__________________
America--diversity and tolerance is our biggest strength

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:07 AM   #149
Chris Gerhard
Registered User
 
Chris Gerhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: AR
Posts: 5,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
Here is your problem.

The primary full-power signal for MeTV in your area is KMYA-DT/49 Camden AR, which is located far south of Little Rock (and is probably not on your tuner).

KMYA operates KLRA-CD/20 Little Rock, a low-power digital repeater that probably is on your tuner.

According to rabbitears.info, KLRA-CD 20.1 is Univision, and 20.2 is MeTV, a simulcast of KMYA. But 20.2 shows up as 49.1 via PSIP.

How to untangle this? I have no idea, but here's the contact info for KMYA/KLRA, courtesy of the FCC's profile:

#1 Shackleford Drive
Suite 100
Little Rock,AR 72211
501-353-2227
Thanks for an explanation.
__________________
Home Theater - OTA TiVoHD/1.16TB/NSZ-GS8 GTV
MBR - OTA TiVoHD/660GB/NSZ-GT1 GTV
Den - OTA TiVo Premiere/2TB/NSZ-GT1 GTV
Chris Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:08 AM   #150
Chris Gerhard
Registered User
 
Chris Gerhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: AR
Posts: 5,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyblue View Post
I had a problem like this with my PBS station. I'd get a guide like:

42.1
42.1
42.2
42.3

The duplicate channel would not work and had searching for signal. I ran the "repeat guided setup" under the Help section and Restart or Reset system. It doesn't delete your recordings but resets the channels your receive. It fixed my problem. But I had to do again about a year later to fix same problem. You could try this.

Hope you get your MEtv fixed.
I did try that a couple of times, I am pretty sure this problem can't be fixed from my end.
__________________
Home Theater - OTA TiVoHD/1.16TB/NSZ-GS8 GTV
MBR - OTA TiVoHD/660GB/NSZ-GT1 GTV
Den - OTA TiVo Premiere/2TB/NSZ-GT1 GTV
Chris Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |