TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-23-2014, 02:12 AM   #1
caddyroger

Tivo Roamio Pro only shows 6.38 hrs on the time line.

I have a TiVo Roamio Pro. I down loaded all shows of 24, cut the ads, beginning and credits. I ended up with a 7hr 58 min programs. I pushed the program back to tivo. On the green time line it only showing 6 hrs and 38 minutes. Why would it only showing the 6 hrs and 38 mins?
Old 07-23-2014, 07:21 AM   #2
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
I have a TiVo Roamio Pro. I down loaded all shows of 24, cut the ads, beginning and credits. I ended up with a 7hr 58 min programs. I pushed the program back to tivo. On the green time line it only showing 6 hrs and 38 minutes. Why would it only showing the 6 hrs and 38 mins?
Maybe try downloading that back to your PC and see how long it is.
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
tatergator1

The ad cutting and other tweaks may have resulted in a messed up index in the video file. I'm no expert, but that would be my guess. It's possible that if you tried watching it from start to finish, it would run the whole 7:58:00.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters View Post
Maybe try downloading that back to your PC and see how long it is.
I have all ready ready loaded it back to my Tivo. That is when notice the time line at 6.38 and the length at 7.58.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #5
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
The ad cutting and other tweaks may have resulted in a messed up index in the video file. I'm no expert, but that would be my guess. It's possible that if you tried watching it from start to finish, it would run the whole 7:58:00.
Thanks that might the cause. I have not started to watching it yet. I fast forward it to the end and it matched the end of the program in Videoredo so it all there on the Tivo. I was just wondering. why the line line stopped at 6.38.
Thanks again.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #6
squint

When I send a video file back to the TiVo after editing out the commercials, the length is the same but it appears to be a truncated show as if the recording got interrupted.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #7
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
I definitely remember seeing things like this happen on S1 tivos.. If the signal was weak, but still recorded, the time bar would show too short, but the entire recording WOULD be there..
(and no, as far as I could tell, it _wasn't_ like it cut out repeatedly for a frame or something..)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote