TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-15-2014, 06:01 PM   #9031
telemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggieseke View Post
Looks like they're pushing out PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1201 in Houston.
Is this intended to fix XOD compatibility somehow?

Last edited by telemark : 07-16-2014 at 06:21 AM.
telemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:39 AM   #9032
ggieseke

Probably. The previous default firmware in Houston was 1.5.2 (3001) and it didn't fully support 6 tuners. I haven't actually tried XOD yet.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:23 AM   #9033
telemark

I got this (1201) update too.

I used to get GSM-11 errors regularly when loading XOD and it appears to have gone away at the same time as the update.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #9034
Beryl

Got XOD in the Houston area. Yay!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #9035
tyd450

do any of you have XOD with the HD or is the premiere the oldest model that will work?
tyd450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #9036
morac
Cat God

XOD requires a Series 4 model or later.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #9037
SCSIRAID

I havent been able to get XOD to work on my XL4. I can get into the program selection menu but when I try to watch something, I get the cablecard diags menu. WIll have to fool with it some more.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #9038
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
I havent been able to get XOD to work on my XL4. I can get into the program selection menu but when I try to watch something, I get the cablecard diags menu. WIll have to fool with it some more.
Is your CableCARD properly paired?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #9039
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Is your CableCARD properly paired?
Seems to be....

Con: Yes EBCP: Yes

All channels are working. Cablecard menu shows all four tuners are tuned to encrypted channels and they look just fine.

Last edited by SCSIRAID : 07-22-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #9040
lpwcomp

Quote:
Seems to be....

Con: Yes EBCP: Yes

All channels are working. Cablecard menu shows all four tuners are tuned to encrypted channels and they look just fine.
There have also been reports that in at least some locales, it needs to be assigned to a TiVo specific billing code.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #9041
qz3fwd

Quick question:
Is it possible to order a cablecard and have it delivered in the mail? I despise going into their offices and never seem to be able to get to one while they are still open since I am at work...

Has anyone been successfull getting them to mail out a cablecard like they do with cable modems? It should be a no bariner...
qz3fwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #9042
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post
Quick question:
Is it possible to order a cablecard and have it delivered in the mail? I despise going into their offices and never seem to be able to get to one while they are still open since I am at work...

Has anyone been successfull getting them to mail out a cablecard like they do with cable modems? It should be a no bariner...
They may - for a price.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #9043
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

I was told they couldn't mail it because they're small and could get lost.

My local store didn't have them so their only solution was to send a truck.

NBD for me since I'm home during the day but a PITA otherwise.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #9044
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I was told they couldn't mail it because they're small and could get lost.

They sent me a return label and two TiVo-sized boxes to send my two little cablecards back to Colorado.

(They won't take Colorado cablecards at Comcast stores in Texas and wanted to charge me $60 for the cards after they told me to take them with me when I moved).

I put the little cards in one small package, took the package to UPS and got a receipt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
My local store didn't have them so their only solution was to send a truck.

Are they going to charge you for the truck roll?
Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #9045
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

No, they didn't.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #9046
SeanC
ECT

I'm switching back to Comcast from Verizon purely on a cost basis, both companies suck to have to deal with. And of course even though I triple checked that the order had 3 cablecards, the tech only showed up with one.

Now I have to get to the local office before 5 to get the other 2. sigh.

Well at least the rest of the install was uneventful, everything else is working great.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #9047
morac
Cat God

Well two months after I got Comcast to remove the 2 additional outlet fees I got another letter informing me that after a "review" of my account, blah, blah, they are adding the 2 additional outlet fees back. Apparently that's a no win situation as the best I can do is get them to remove the fees for a month before they come back. I guess I've just been lucky that for years they weren't charging me. Maybe I'll switch my Premiere to OTA only since I don't really use it anyway.

On the plus side, they didn't add the HD tech fee back, so I'm basically paying $5 more than I was originally: 2 x 9.95 (outlet fee) - 2 x $2.50 (card credit) - $9.95 (HD fee not paying anymore).
Old 09-10-2014, 08:01 AM   #9048
SeanC
ECT

So I did get the 2 cablecards the other day, 1 worked, 1 was dead, so I had to go back to the comcast office. The only annoyance at that point was the lady at the office wanted to try to figure out how to fix the cablecard instead of just giving me a new one. She spent about 15 minutes clicking away, with Hmmmmm, and, Oh!, and Hmmmmm.

I really wanted to say, Lady, just give me a new card, but didn't want to interrupt, and after that 15 minutes she did just give me a new card which did install fine.

So now I have fully transitioned from Fios back to Comcast, yay me.

Oh and FYI, the we_can_help@cable.comcast.com is definitely a good email address to use. I emailed them on a Sunday and got a call later that day, I was assigned an executive assistant and she has been in contact with me through this process. When I didn't get all my channels on one of the cards she got an engineer to call me in 15 minutes to get that fixed.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #9049
jlayer3

moving cablecard from one Tivo to another

I'm a Comcast customer in the Atlanta,GA area.

I have an HD XL that I am replacing with a Roamio Plus. As I understand it I need an M-Card for the Roamio. Is it likely that I already have an M-Card in my HD XL since it is a dual tuner box? If so, any tips on dealing with Comcast on migrating the cablecard from the HD XL to the Roamio?

Thanks...Josh
jlayer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #9050
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlayer3 View Post

I have an HD XL that I am replacing with a Roamio Plus. As I understand it I need an M-Card for the Roamio. Is it likely that I already have an M-Card in my HD XL since it is a dual tuner box? If so, any tips on dealing with Comcast on migrating the cablecard from the HD XL to the Roamio?

Thanks...Josh
If you already have the M Card in your current HDXL then migration should be easy. Just move the card and call the support number and tell them you need to 're-pair' the cablecard. You will have to go into the cablecard menus on the new Roamio and give them info to enter in their system.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #9051
lpwcomp

Quote:

Thanks...Josh
If it's only one card, then it is an m-card. It's easy to check.

From TiVo Central: Messages & Settings->Settings->Remote, CableCARD, & Devices->CableCARD Decoder.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #9052
jlayer3

Thanks. I'll give it a shot this evening.

Josh
Old 09-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #9053
lpwcomp

Quote:
If you already have the M Card in your current HDXL then migration should be easy. Just move the card and call the support number and tell them you need to 're-pair' the cablecard. You will have to go into the cablecard menus on the new Roamio and give them info to enter in their system.
Tell them you are moving the card because it has to be unpaired in their system from the HDXL before it can be paired to the Roamio.

Also, it's possible that the CableCARD will need a firmware upgrade to support 6-streams.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:08 PM   #9054
jlayer3

Thanks. So steps are:

1. Connect and boot up the Roamio

2. While CC is in HDXL call Comcast (skipping the step about being on hold for half an hour) and tell them I am moving a CC.

3. Once CC is unpaired from HDXL remove and insert CC in Roamio

4. Once CC is paired with Roamio check that all six tuners are working. Will hitting Live TV repeatedly cycle through the six tuners like it does on the two tuners in the HDXL?

5. If not, ask for a CC firmware upgrade (I assume this can be done remotely)

6. Crack a beer
Old 09-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #9055
lpwcomp

Quote:
Thanks. So steps are:

1. Connect and boot up the Roamio
If you haven't done so already, you will need to run Guided Setup.

Quote:
2. While CC is in HDXL call Comcast (skipping the step about being on hold for half an hour) and tell them I am moving a CC.

3. Once CC is unpaired from HDXL remove and insert CC in Roamio
No need to have it in the HDXL to unpair it. When I moved a card from a Premiere to a Roamio, this was the most painful step. They screwed it up the first time.

Quote:
4. Once CC is paired with Roamio check that all six tuners are working. Will hitting Live TV repeatedly cycle through the six tuners like it does on the two tuners in the HDXL?
Yes, but it would be a better test to just start recordings on six different channels. You should also verify that you have access to XFINITY On-Demand.

Quote:
5. If not, ask for a CC firmware upgrade (I assume this can be done remotely)
Yes, it can be done remotely but you may have to contact the proper person to get it done.

Quote:
6. Crack a beer
Eeewww. I hate beer.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #9056
jlayer3

Thanks,

I give it about a 50/50 chance of working on the first phone call. As long as I don't have to schedule the dreaded appointment though.

josh
Old Yesterday, 09:05 AM   #9057
SeanC
ECT

If calling them is frustrating then email we_can_help@cable.comcast.com. Everyone I spoke with after emailing that address knew what was going on and was able to help. Every time I called 800-comcast they were clueless.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM   #9058
jlayer3

So it took three phone calls and 4 hours, but I was able to get someone to do the migration.

First phone call ended when the tech put me on hold and at 9:00pm EDT the call dropped because the billing department closed. At least that's what the recording said before hanging up.

The second call ended when the tech transferred me to Tivo's help desk. The bewildered guy at Tivo was confused why Comcast would transfer to an external entity, but he did give a number for the third call (1-877-405-2298).

The person who answered there was able to help. This number was not the number in the Roamio documentation, but when I Googled the number I did find it on a Tivo support page.

FYI:

It took overnight before the card fully loaded and OnDemand was functional. Initially, OnDemand gave an error message, but when I checked the next day it was working.

The channel activation was stranger. When I went to bed I could tune all my channels including premiums, but the Roamio was displaying all channels only in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It was as if I were in the menu screen and the preview was displaying. By morning though all channels were displaying full screen.

Thanks...Josh
Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM   #9059
morac
Cat God

Quote:
The second call ended when the tech transferred me to Tivo's help desk. The bewildered guy at Tivo was confused why Comcast would transfer to an external entity, but he did give a number for the third call (1-877-405-2298).
That seems to be Comcast's favorite tactic if you mention that you have a TiVo. I've learned to simply not mention it and simply say you have a device that uses CableCards.