TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
ultrarunner

Options in SW Florida

Ok, so, I'm relocating down there next month. I have two options at my address:

Comcast or Century Link. The latter provides either DirectTV or Prism for TV. If I go with Century Link, I'd likely do the Prism TV feed as I don't want to deal with Dish issues.

Both outfits say they support my existing Tivo/Cable card setup that I have been using with TimeWarner.

Any folks here in SW Florida that can comment on their experiences with either of these two service providers?

Thanks,

Ultra
ultrarunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
tarheelblue32

TiVo/CableCards will only work with Comcast, they definitely will NOT work with DISH or Prism TV.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
ultrarunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
TiVo/CableCards will only work with Comcast, they definitely will NOT work with DISH or Prism TV.
Well, that makes the decision easy then...

Thanks for the intel....

GO HEELS!

Ultra....
Old 07-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
aridon

I don't know about SW but in SE FL Comcast is pretty strong and a decent provider.

Go to the local office, pick up your cable cards and call the cable card hot line install number floating around the forum here and you should be fine.

If you run into any issues about them saying "you need a box on your account" that is bull and it works fine without it. Just tell them to add the card and send the signal. I had to fight with a rep to do it but it worked just fine.

If you reinsert the cable card for any reason when they are trying to activate do a reboot the tivo and after it boots resend the signal if it doesn't sync.
aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:09 AM   #5
ultrarunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
I don't know about SW but in SE FL Comcast is pretty strong and a decent provider.

Go to the local office, pick up your cable cards and call the cable card hot line install number floating around the forum here and you should be fine.

If you run into any issues about them saying "you need a box on your account" that is bull and it works fine without it. Just tell them to add the card and send the signal. I had to fight with a rep to do it but it worked just fine.

If you reinsert the cable card for any reason when they are trying to activate do a reboot the tivo and after it boots resend the signal if it doesn't sync.
Thanks for the info Aridon. Does the Comcast feed require the tuning adapter setup when using a Tivo, like time warner?

Thanks,

Ultra
Old 07-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
aridon

Tuning adapters are not used by Comcast here.
aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #7
ultrarunner

Thanks Aridon