Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #31
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Dan's first season was also awesome, IMHO.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:21 PM   #32
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

a music video from wil this week, as the bb16saga continues...

click here to watch the video
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

a paradoy of ariana grande's "problem", on point!

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 07-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #33
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Dan's first season was also awesome, IMHO.
Dan's first season was actually better, because he wasn't as much of a jerk to the other people in the house, but his coach season was great too.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #34
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I think Victoria knows who Frankie is. Her questions were to on the nose about his sister, and she strikes me as someone who might know who his sister is and even who he is.
I was thinking the same thing. BTW, has anyone received less screen time than Victoria? I sometimes forget she's even on the show. You'd think she'd be the perfect one to put up on the block and not get "blood on your hands" at this point.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #35
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I was thinking the same thing. BTW, has anyone received less screen time than Victoria? I sometimes forget she's even on the show. You'd think she'd be the perfect one to put up on the block and not get "blood on your hands" at this point.
Jocasta would be a good runner up for minimal screen time, or at least minimal talking screen time.

I really believe Victoria does know who Frankie sister is and maybe she will use that to try and leverage something with him as the game progresses. We shall see
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:40 PM   #36
pmyers

Quote:
Has Cody said 2 words? I forget he's on the show everytime they show him!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #37
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
i'm just guessing, but i don't think cody was cast for his conversational aptitude or intellectual prowess.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #38
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
Jocasta would be a good runner up for minimal screen time, or at least minimal talking screen time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i'm just guessing, but i don't think cody was cast for his conversational aptitude or intellectual prowess.
So with three obvious floaters with no real attachment to anyone (I forget, is Cody part of the Bomb Squad? If so then disregard Cody), then why was it so tough for the HoHs to find someone to put up and get no blood on their hands? Still, it seems to be playing out as planned (I haven't seen anything after Sunday's CBS episode, so that could have changed).
Old 07-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #39
Dnamertz

Quote:
Dan's first season was actually better, because he wasn't as much of a jerk to the other people in the house, but his coach season was great too.
I don't recall him being a jerk. He just lied a lot to get further in the game...and they way he pulled it off is what made his 2nd season so much better.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #40
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
I don't recall him being a jerk. He just lied a lot to get further in the game...and they way he pulled it off is what made his 2nd season so much better.
He was pretty mean to a lot of players and backstabbed them at will the second season. It's why he didn't win. He pissed off just about everyone. The first season, he was a lot more subtle in his backstabbing. That said, I loved watching him play was rooting for him to win both seasons. One of the best reality players ever.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #41
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
He was pretty mean to a lot of players and backstabbed them at will the second season. It's why he didn't win. He pissed off just about everyone.
even his dr sessions came across more arrogant his second season, which was quite an accomplishment.
Quote:
The first season, he was a lot more subtle in his backstabbing. That said, I loved watching him play was rooting for him to win both seasons. One of the best reality players ever.
very true.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #42
verdugan

Quote:
So with three obvious floaters with no real attachment to anyone (I forget, is Cody part of the Bomb Squad? If so then disregard Cody), then why was it so tough for the HoHs to find someone to put up and get no blood on their hands?
Easy, 8 people are in a primary alliance (bomb squad) and there have been many other alliances further reducing the pool. Then this year they have to pick 4 HOH's each week instead of only 2.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:43 AM   #43
Dnamertz

Quote:
He was pretty mean to a lot of players and backstabbed them at will the second season. It's why he didn't win. He pissed off just about everyone. The first season, he was a lot more subtle in his backstabbing. That said, I loved watching him play was rooting for him to win both seasons. One of the best reality players ever.
I remember the backstabbing, but to me that is part of the game so it's not considered "mean". I don't recall him being mean. He seemed to get along with the other HGs, unless I'm forgetting something.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #44
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post

I remember the backstabbing, but to me that is part of the game so it's not considered "mean". I don't recall him being mean. He seemed to get along with the other HGs, unless I'm forgetting something.
I agree. I wouldn't describe Dan as being mean his second season. In fact, I think he was quite well liked overall. He my have burned a lot of bridges along the way, but those were in the context of the game, not personal.

I also agree that he is one of the best reality TV contestants in history. There are very few others in his league (Dr. Will and Boston Rob are the only other two that immediately come to mind). Dan's "funeral" was easily one of the craziest, most brilliant, and most entertaining things I've ever seen on TV.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote