TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
jcthorne

Tivo - Thanks for the update!

Have the summer update on our Roamio, 2 Premieres and a mini. All made it through the upgrade without a whimper. Very nice to have the exact same look and feel on all of them now. Seems much more like an integrated system. Even my wife noticed how much snappier the Premiere in the kitchen was and that it looked just like the Roamio now.

I also do a good bit of behind the scenes stuff with kmttg and pytivo and no troubles there either with the updates on all the devices. Nice speed bump in network transfer speeds too.

So THANKS Tivo. One of the smoothest updates in recent history. Pretty impressive considering all 4 of our units updated the same day and all work great on the new software.

Look forward to seeing what other features are hidden in this update that are not turned on yet...

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

I also like the new software. The Roamio's menus are super quick, and it seems like the Mini's menus are faster too. Love that all match each other.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
aristoBrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
So THANKS Tivo. One of the smoothest updates in recent history. Pretty impressive considering all 4 of our units updated the same day and all work great on the new software.
Same here!

None of my units are on the priority list, so I was a bit surprised and slightly worried when I saw last night that my Roamio had been updated.

After using it a few hours last night (and liking the new left column in the Now Playing area), when I went to my bedroom, I was hoping the Mini there had been updated. Sure enough, it had.
Series 3 OLED (x2)
DirecTiVo (x3)
Series 1
aristoBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
Unhappyeger

I was not on the priority list, but somehow got updated last week. Everything is working fine. For me, Tivo is doing a very good job!
Unhappyeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #5
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
mrfantasy

Watching shows (whether recorded or Live TV) from the Minis seems much faster overall on 20.4.2. I'm waiting a second or two instead of several seconds for video to display.
mrfantasy is offline   Reply With Quote