TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
bmgoodman

Question Current info on MSD substitutions?

Several years ago, I bought a Premiere for a big discount, back before Tivo Inc made a big stink about NOT allowing those cheap units to be swapped into existing $6.95/mo MSD grandfather slots. I had intended to use this Premiere when my Tivo HD finally had a problem, but the darn thing kept running like a champ until this week.

Now I can either swap in a new 2 TB WD HDD I had also bought on sale long ago (planning too far ahead) or I can break out this now old "new" Premiere and put the 2 TB drive into it and try to swap it into my $6.95/mo MSD slot in place of the Tivo HD.

So I'm wondering now how much of a challenge I should expect to upgrade to the Premiere and keep my $6.95/mo rate. It it's a hassle, I'd just as soon just replace the HDD in the Tivo HD.

Does anyone have any somewhat recent experience in this area?
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

Not sure. They let me switch my $6.95 rate I had on a Premiere to a Roamio Basic. And then they gave me lifetime on the Premiere for only $99.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote