TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Big Brother 7/13/2014

I have mixed feelings about the plan to back door Devin. On the one hand, I can't stand him. On the other hand, he introduces a lot of drama and controversy in the game, and is therefore has massive entertainment value.

But in the end, I think he needs to leave... He just is not playing smart.

It was funny to watch Donny play innocent with Nicole. "Did you tell me not to tell anyone?"

Watching Caleb flirt with Amber, and sell her on his hero sacrifice was a little painful for me to watch ;-)

I love that Team America is going to start the rumor about Zach being Amanda' cousin. The edited videos comparing the two of them was priceless!

Good season so far.
  • Game Consoles: PS3, XBox 360, Wii
MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
andyw715

I may have missed something during the Team America mission instructions. Could they have come up with a rumor about one of Team America. Seems it would be easier to spread that rumor if one of them was in on it.

In fact Frankie could have started the Ariana Grande rumor, and it would have been true!
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I find with BB that entertainment value always finds itself. I think there will be plenty going forward. So yeah, I'm all for Devin to leave. Under normal rules, I normally would rather take the risk and put Devin up on the block right now, but I agree, that the only way is to back door him and not give him two chances to go off the block.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

success of the plan hinges on who wins the veto, and how the veto is played. that's why it's risky, and important to have a well thought plan b, just in case.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
dirtypacman
Coming and going

Caleb is quickly becoming one of my least favorite contestants on the show. He is letting his 2nd head play the game for him and quite honestly looks like a total dumb ass the way he is falling over for Amber. She is not into you dude, don't continue to put yourself out there, of course with a crush comes blinders and he is having a hell of a hard time seeing/thinking straight when it comes to her. I really wish one of the guys would pull him aside and tell him he needs to get his emotions in check. Maybe Devin can snuggle up tight with him and get his mind back in the game.

Some of these players are about as interesting as a rock. I did like that Frankie got grilled about his sister and you know she (what ever her name is) knew that she was famous. Without some of the drama caused early by Devin I don't know if I would have any clue where these peoples loyalties stood.

Donny started playing the game and quickly gets a target, by one of his "allies" too it was quite funny.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #6
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post
I have mixed feelings about the plan to back door Devin. On the one hand, I can't stand him. On the other hand, he introduces a lot of drama and controversy in the game, and is therefore has massive entertainment value.

But in the end, I think he needs to leave... He just is not playing smart.
I'm fine with him going, but also part of me wants him to stay for entertainment value. I'm ok with Caleb going too.

I think Devin would be a good person to take to the final 2. Who would vote for him?
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #7
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
success of the plan hinges on who wins the veto, and how the veto is played. that's why it's risky, and important to have a well thought plan b, just in case.
I thought (putting it in spoilers since I don't remember if it aired in yesterday's episode or I read it in the spoilers thread)

Spoiler:

they said Caleb was the plan B?

verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
gweempose

I'm really enjoying the season so far. Devin has proven to be ridiculously entertaining. My wife and I are convinced that the producers purposely choose some players that fail the psychological profile test.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #9
Ment

Donny is more savvy then the 'aw shucks' routine indicates, plus he is good in comps. Think he actually needs to downplay the gameplay a bit its too early to emerge.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypacman View Post
Caleb is quickly becoming one of my least favorite contestants on the show. He is letting his 2nd head play the game for him and quite honestly looks like a total dumb ass the way he is falling over for Amber. She is not into you dude, don't continue to put yourself out there, of course with a crush comes blinders and he is having a hell of a hard time seeing/thinking straight when it comes to her. I really wish one of the guys would pull him aside and tell him he needs to get his emotions in check. Maybe Devin can snuggle up tight with him and get his mind back in the game.

Some of these players are about as interesting as a rock. I did like that Frankie got grilled about his sister and you know she (what ever her name is) knew that she was famous. Without some of the drama caused early by Devin I don't know if I would have any clue where these peoples loyalties stood.

Donny started playing the game and quickly gets a target, by one of his "allies" too it was quite funny.
I thought it was pretty funny how Derrick said Caleb would fall on the sword for Amber and true to his plan Caleb just had to be led a little and followed along just as planned.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #11
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Since they changed the rules after the awesome "Five Finger Plan" was played a few years ago, Devin could still get to play for Veto. What would be awesome is if his name got drawn and he wins POV and leaves the noms the same. And then wins HoH next week. That would be so entertaining on many levels.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #12
andyw715

It was actually "6 Finger Plan"...but nonetheless, brilliant.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #13
stellie93

Quote:
I did like that Frankie got grilled about his sister and you know she (what ever her name is) knew that she was famous. .
Did he say she had a number one song? I don't know who she is, although the name is vaguely familiar, but I thought someone said she really wasn't all that big a star? So he thinks this will work against him because she has money? Why would anyone care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Donny is more savvy then the 'aw shucks' routine indicates, plus he is good in comps. Think he actually needs to downplay the gameplay a bit its too early to emerge.
When he started telling his partner where to put the puzzle pieces, I thought he should just worry about getting them to her and let her go, but he really did know what he was doing. All right, Donnie. It was stupid to tell the girls what Not-Jordan told him, though. I'm not sure he's as smart as he thinks he is.

Funny when they have one of those HoH comps that are 99% luck--and then someone who would never purposely win HoH is stuck with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw715 View Post
It was actually "6 Finger Plan"...but nonetheless, brilliant.
What is the 6 finger plan? I figured the only problem is if he's picked to play for the veto--which you don't have that great a chance at when there are this many in the house--and he wins it.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #14
nyc13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
What is the 6 finger plan? I figured the only problem is if he's picked to play for the veto--which you don't have that great a chance at when there are this many in the house--and he wins it.
There didn't used to be any chance involved. The PoV players used to be the HoH, the nominees, and one selected by each of those (hence six). So if you nominated two allies (and had three allies left to pick), you completely controlled PoV.
nyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #15
Azlen

Quote:
Did he say she had a number one song? I don't know who she is, although the name is vaguely familiar, but I thought someone said she really wasn't all that big a star? So he thinks this will work against him because she has money? Why would anyone care?

Here's a video that she did with Frankie (I think it's him anyway), it was a few years ago with her doing some singing and other impressions.

Frankie's Sister

This is her most recent number one song. (At least I believe it went #1)

Ariana Grande - Problem

Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #16
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

I think Derrick is quickly becoming the puppetmaster. Dan would be proud.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #17
Ment

Lets not crown Derrick yet, he's just not as stupid as most of the rest.

Nicole crying like she just buried Donny...come on girl!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #18
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
This is her most recent number one song. (At least I believe it went #1)
Thanks. She has a pretty good voice. I like Frankie better with dark hair.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #19
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Quote:
Thanks. She has a pretty good voice. I like Frankie better with dark hair.
There's also her previous single "The Way" from last year... A Top 10 Billboard single (and many have compared this single to Mariah Carey vocals).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sV0S8qWSy0&feature=kp
Old 07-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #20
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Quote:
I did like that Frankie got grilled about his sister and you know she (what ever her name is) knew that she was famous.
Quote:
Almost any teenager and young adult (early 20s) will know Ariana Grande... She has an acting presence on Disney Channel, and is on heavy rotation on the radio these days...

What's more interesting for me is that my daughter tells me that Frankie is a bit of a YouTube celebrity in his own right, and that she (my daughter) was shocked that no one in the house recognized him...
Old 07-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #21
Cainebj

I have to say this has been the most entertaining BB in a while. Last few seasons I have bailed after the first couple of weeks but for some reason I am 100% hooked this year.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:58 PM   #22
Azlen

Quote:
There's also her previous single "The Way" from last year... A Top 10 Billboard single (and many have compared this single to Mariah Carey vocals).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sV0S8qWSy0&feature=kp

I think this song really shows off her vocals.

Tattooed Heart

Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #23
nyc13

Quote:
YouTube celebrity
I kind of hate that I live in a time where that is a thing.
nyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:03 AM   #24
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc13 View Post
I like it. A good reminder that there's money out there if you want to go get it.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #25
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan View Post
I think Derrick is quickly becoming the puppetmaster. Dan would be proud.
I have to agree. Right now he and Nicole are my favorite players. I think if Derrick plays it smart, he could win. I don't think he's in Dan's league yet, but then again, to me, there is Dr. Will and Dan in that league and nobody else.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Almost any teenager and young adult (early 20s) will know Ariana Grande... She has an acting presence on Disney Channel, and is on heavy rotation on the radio these days...

What's more interesting for me is that my daughter tells me that Frankie is a bit of a YouTube celebrity in his own right, and that she (my daughter) was shocked that no one in the house recognized him...
My daughter tells me that they are cancelling her show (or she's leaving it, I forget) on Disney, so she can pay more attention to her singing career.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #27
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I have to say this has been the most entertaining BB in a while. Last few seasons I have bailed after the first couple of weeks but for some reason I am 100% hooked this year.
So far, I think it's better than last season, but not as good as the coach season (2 years ago?), with Dan.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #28
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc13 View Post
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Considering I only use YouTube when I need to (like learning how to use something, or researching a product or a trip), I really don't "get" this YouTube celebrity thing. Of course I'm probably 30 years old than the users who probably "get" it.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #29
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
So far, I think it's better than last season, but not as good as the coach season (2 years ago?), with Dan.
Dan's first season was also awesome, IMHO.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #30
Shaunnick

I think Victoria knows who Frankie is. Her questions were to on the nose about his sister, and she strikes me as someone who might know who his sister is and even who he is.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote