TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #31
mntvjunkie

Not sure if this is related to the problems you are all experiencing with HDMI, but after 6+ months of flawless operation, I can no longer get video output using HDMI on my Panasonic Plasma TV.

I have tried new cables, different ports, power cycling, etc. to no avail. The odd part is that it was working just fine last night, but tonight is no longer working. Switching to Component cables has "fixed" the issue for now, but doesn't give me nearly the quality that I expect, so I don't think this is a permanent fix.

This is so frustrating, because NOTHING in my setup had changed or moved AT ALL. I just came home, powered on the TV, and had a black screen, where previously I had a working signal.
mntvjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:24 PM   #32
ciscokid

Well, this is the reply I got from Tivo support..................

It's actually sort of good news. At least they seem to be admitting that they DO have a problem!

Thank you for the updated information you provided. I have read through the previous contacts as well and would be glad to continue helping you with your ongoing HDMI problem...............

"At this point since you have completed the troubleshooting we have available, I have passed your information including make and model of TV along to our development team for further investigation. Thank you for providing us with this data, which we will use in developing a solution.

While we would be able to exchange your Roamio under warranty, at this point a better solution might be to swap out the locations of the Roamio and the TiVo HD until we have an additional update available to address this issue. We are expecting another update soon, although we do not have an exact date. We do thank you for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please continue to use reference number xxxxxx-xxxxxx for further contact regarding this request. In order to respond to this email, please log into your account at www.tivo.com/mysupport. Replies directly to this email will not be received."
ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #33
ciscokid

Well, I got the latest update today and it looks like the HDMI handshake problem with my Samsung has been fixed! Praise be!

Has it worked for you other guys with this same issue?
Old 07-13-2014, 01:49 AM   #34
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post
Well, I got the latest update today and it looks like the HDMI handshake problem with my Samsung has been fixed! Praise be!

Has it worked for you other guys with this same issue?
I always seem to get bitten by saying something is fixed. But, it seems cleared-up for me too.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 07-13-2014 at 02:55 AM.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:30 AM   #35
ciscokid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
I always seem to get bitten by saying something is fixed. But, it seems cleared-up for me too.
The post I was notified instantly via email is considerably longer that the post that is showing up in the forum.

Is heavy editing a usual occurrence? I wasn't aware of that!
Old 07-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #36
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post
The post I was notified instantly via email is considerably longer that the post that is showing up in the forum.

Is heavy editing a usual occurrence? I wasn't aware of that!
The post clearly has a tag at the bottom that says "Last edited by nooneuknow : Today at 12:55 AM."

I had posted some comments about Xbox that I realized I was wrong about, after I read another thread that cleared things up.

There is nothing wrong about a large edit, as long as the post edited has not been replied to, quoted, or would leave a gaping hole in the flow of the thread, causing confusion. Your post is the first post after the edited post. No harm, no foul, and within the forum rules. I did (unintentionally) neglect to leave a reason for editing. Now it's addressed.

EDIT/ADD: Some members abuse the ability to edit, by posting direct attacks towards another member, checking that the member is online and reading the thread (the member's public info page shows online activity), then edit the post down to something completely inert. I've called-out one member for doing this, after I called them out on outright deleting posts, and they switched to editing for the same end-result.

Now, you'll see that I edited this post to add something, sometimes abbreviated ETA. If you really want to dig around, you will find plenty of posts where I removed excess commentary/opinion that might cause a rift, often marked with "<snip>" or something like that, and a reason for it listed at the bottom. Outright post deletion is frowned-upon, unless done promptly, without abusing it.
/END EDIT/ADD

Last edited by nooneuknow : 07-13-2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Added more context to heavy edit of post explanation
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote