TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Xfinity on Demand and CL-13 Error

Does anyone know what this error is? Tried renting a movie twice and got this error. Went through the third time.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Still getting this error in the Altanta market. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. Comcast sent a refresh signal to my CableCARD. Hoping this helps.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #3
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Just had online tech support send a refresh to the CableCARD. They had me pull it out, wait 30 seconds, then reinsert it.

I was able to purchase immediately without an error. Here's hoping it's fixed it permanently.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
Atlanta Graphic

Still Can't Get Xfinity VOD (CL-13 Error)

I am having the same issue (CL-13 Error) in Atlanta. I am only able to access VOD programming after the 10th or so attempt. It is just getting the program to start that is the issue. 10 attempts is hyperbole, the actual number of attempts varies. I usually give up after 10 attempts -- if 10 tries would guarantee that number 11 would work, I wouldn't mind the 10 previous tries so much. Once a program is streaming, everything is fine throughout the program -- no disconnect.

I tried the fix that GeekMedic suggested, but I am having the same issue (multiple failed attempts to view programming). After sending "hits" (same as a refresh?) to my card, the tech suggested swapping cards, but I am dubious that a bad card is the issue. I have a strong signal and the card has performed flawlessly since I added it to my Roamio.

Anyone else able to resolve the same error on their Roamio? With or without tech support?
Atlanta Graphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #5
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

I'm suspicious the online rep unpaired then repaired the TiVo. I haven't gotten a CL-13 error while purchasing movies since the rep did whatever. I have gotten the error when restarting a paused movie (when it exits out of the pause screen back to the VOD main screen after a prolonged pause).

Did you call Comcast or try online? Also, make sure you have the Premiere billing code on your account.

Good luck trying to get it fixed. Hopefully it'll work soon.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #6
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Graphic View Post
I am having the same issue (CL-13 Error) in Atlanta. I am only able to access VOD programming after the 10th or so attempt. It is just getting the program to start that is the issue. 10 attempts is hyperbole, the actual number of attempts varies. I usually give up after 10 attempts -- if 10 tries would guarantee that number 11 would work, I wouldn't mind the 10 previous tries so much. Once a program is streaming, everything is fine throughout the program -- no disconnect.

I tried the fix that GeekMedic suggested, but I am having the same issue (multiple failed attempts to view programming). After sending "hits" (same as a refresh?) to my card, the tech suggested swapping cards, but I am dubious that a bad card is the issue. I have a strong signal and the card has performed flawlessly since I added it to my Roamio.

Anyone else able to resolve the same error on their Roamio? With or without tech support?
Isn't VOD handled pretty much the same way as SDV? I think the cable system has to allocate a physical channel from a limited pool so that you can tune your show (maybe along with others who want the same program). But what if all channels in the pool are already in use? Then you would surely get some kind of error, possibly like "CL-13", indicating that you'll just have to wait until some resources free up. I think sometimes people blame their TiVos when the cable system is just doing what it's designed to do.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #7
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by L David Matheny View Post
Isn't VOD handled pretty much the same way as SDV? I think the cable system has to allocate a physical channel from a limited pool so that you can tune your show (maybe along with others who want the same program). But what if all channels in the pool are already in use? Then you would surely get some kind of error, possibly like "CL-13", indicating that you'll just have to wait until some resources free up. I think sometimes people blame their TiVos when the cable system is just doing what it's designed to do.
It's a timing error and isn't the same as the error for bandwidth not available.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:54 PM   #8
u1drwhy

Hey y'all: search the forums for my post: " Xfinity On Demand: GSM-11 and CL-14 Service Errors ", see if this answers your question.

Last edited by u1drwhy : 07-11-2014 at 12:13 AM.
u1drwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #9
Atlanta Graphic

Quote:
Originally Posted by u1drwhy View Post
Hey y'all: search the forums for my post: " Xfinity On Demand: GSM-11 and CL-14 Service Errors ", see if this answers your question.
Thanks for digging deeper on this problem. Changing the billing code seemed dubious to me and the TiVo rep was puzzled by this remedy as well. I think that my problem must have something to do with the initial handshake.

I tried checking the physical connection and have successfully accessed VOD programming while physically twisting and untwisting the cable connector while the request was processing. Once the programming starts, I can leave it alone. Obviously, getting behind the TiVo to fiddle around with the connection is not a desirable solution.
Atlanta Graphic is offline   Reply With Quote