TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #31
A2JetGuy

I'm having great success with this set up!

My DSL modem is Cat5 hard wired to my Apple TimeCapsule/WiFi.
To that Apple TimeCapsule/WiFi I have my Roamio and one Premiere Cat5 hard wired.

In another part of the house I have an AirPort Extreme/WiFi that wirelessly extends my network from my TimeCapsule. To that I have my TiVo Mini Cat5 hard wired.

In yet another part of the house I have another AirPort Extreme/WiFi, also wirelessly extending my network from my TimeCapsule. To that I have another TiVo Premiere Cat5 hard wired.

Everything streams, transfers, FF, Rew without hesitation.
Added bonus: seamless WiFi coverage in and around my home!
A2JetGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #32
2trill4925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Dobalina View Post
For what its worth I was able to connect my tivo mini to my network using an old Airport express in Bridge Mode. My main wireless router is a Airport Extreme. It was pretty simple. I plugged my ethernet cable from my mini to my express and it immediately connected to my network. My tivo roamio is connected to the network via hardwired ethernet.

I also have a tivo premiere hooked up to another airport extreme in bridge mode.

Only issues I have is when i am streaming a show from my tivo premiere to my mini. Usually occurs when I am fast forwarding to far into a show and it takes a moment for it to buffer.
Another vote for the Airport Express, because had it not been for that device the Mini would've been returned.
2trill4925 is offline   Reply With Quote