TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
nugrass

I'm Back

After several years away I just purchased a Roamio basic. My last Tivo was a series 2. Wondering if there are any features that don't get mentioned (I've done quite a bit of research) that I might overlook? It will be here tomorrow. Can you tell I'm excited?
nugrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
tarheelblue32

Congratulations. I think you'll be happy with the Roamio. What hardware were you using until now?
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
nugrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
Congratulations. I think you'll be happy with the Roamio. What hardware were you using until now?
I just went back to Charter and thought I could get by with the DVR they offer. Wow. that lasted one month and I decided there is no way this will work. Seriously, seems like they are in desperate need of an interface upgrade. More than that, the response time is so slow.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugrass View Post
I just went back to Charter and thought I could get by with the DVR they offer. Wow. that lasted one month and I decided there is no way this will work. Seriously, seems like they are in desperate need of an interface upgrade. More than that, the response time is so slow.
Yeah, cable company DVRs are mostly overpriced crapola. I hear Dish's hopper is pretty good, but I've never had one myself. Were you coming back to Charter from OTA or satellite?
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
nugrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelblue32 View Post
Were you coming back to Charter from OTA or satellite?
First I had Directv (and their DVR was decent compared to what I have with Charter) and then I went for three years as a cord cutter and was relegated to OTA (although I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina and only get three channels) and internet based stuff. I came back for the World Cup and now I'm hooked again. I did get the Roamio basic just in case I decide to go back to OTA.