TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #1
Barf13

Downloading/streaming to iPad when not on home network

The roamio advertises that it can stream your tv shows wherever you are. It seems, however, that all the shows I have tried to stream to my iPad when on vacation say that the copyright holder does not allow streaming outside of the home network. A similar message comes up whenever I try to download shows to my iPad.

Are there actually shows that can be downloaded or streamed when not on the home network? I'm beginning to think that I have been scammed by tivo's advertising for this device.
Barf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Some cable providers are much more restrictive than others. Almost everybody will allow out-of-home streaming for the major networks (most providers are required to provide those with no copy protection). Comcast and FIOS allow most non-premium shows to stream, and Cox and Time-Warner do not (mileage may vary, some franchises of each have different policies for legacy reasons.)