TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #121
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

The house is really being silly, though. They're all acting like they are afraid he will snap at any moment and physically attack people. It's all nonsense. They're calling him a bully, but it's all based on his imposing physical presence. He hasn't acted aggressively toward anyone. He's just extremely paranoid about the game. I actually feel bad for him.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #122
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
The house is really being silly, though. They're all acting like they are afraid he will snap at any moment and physically attack people. It's all nonsense. They're calling him a bully, but it's all based on his imposing physical presence. He hasn't acted aggressively toward anyone. He's just extremely paranoid about the game. I actually feel bad for him.
the same type of comments are being made about caleb's obsession over amber online. is caleb acting emotionally immature and delusional? sure, he is. but has he done anything to lead someone to believe he's violent or a threat? no way.

but, if you read online comments, people are calling him a stalker, and acting as if amber is in imminent danger - way overblown.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #123
brianric

Singer Ariana Grande drops out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
I don't know if the intersection between Ariana Grande fans and Big Brother fans is all that big. I guess we'll find out. It would be unlike the BB producers to exploit that relationship as much as they could.
Speaking about Ariana Grande, http://6abc.com/weather/welcome-amer...orming/153817/
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:06 AM   #124
verdugan

Devin is one of the HOH's for this week. This will not be a trainwreck -- said nobody ever!

(Amber is the other HOH)
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:57 AM   #125
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Devin is one of the HOH's for this week. This will not be a trainwreck -- said nobody ever!

(Amber is the other HOH)
a predictable week 2 power shift if amber remains hoh, fun to watch unfold.

if devin is left as hoh? you're right, this week will be a hot mess! this is shaping up to be an enjoyable season.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 07-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #126
PuddingRiot

Devin is HOH
PuddingRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #127
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
if devin is left as hoh? you're right, this week will be a hot mess! this is shaping up to be an enjoyable season.
Hot mess week it is!!!

Old 07-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #128
realityboy

A whole week with Devin HOH. Sigh. Oh well, I guess the cockier that he gets, the more fun it'll be to watch him fall. Hopefully Brit can stay somehow. PaoPao is useless and will just be the pawn every week until she's no longer needed.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #129
nmiller855

My best case scenario would be that the battle of the block would remove Devin from HOH & one of the remaining people on the block would win the power of veto so Devin can be backdoored.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:06 AM   #130
Azlen

Amber nominated Nicole and Hayden
Devin nominated Paola and Brittany.
Nicole and Hayden won the battle of the block so Amber is no longer HOH.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #131
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Hot mess week it is!!!

of course, it only took a day for devin to explode as hoh!

devin wants brittany to go this week, the rest of the squad aren't convinced it's the best vote. caleb told devin it was personal (against brittany), and devin agreed. then, devin said caleb is being infuenced by his talks with amber...boom! devin goes into freak-out mode.

a little later, when caleb and devin talk alone, and devin says the alliance is over. caleb says fine, then your going home next week. frankie is doing damage control, trying to hold the squad together without exposing them, while the house watches.

july 4th fireworks at the bb house!

Old 07-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #132
verdugan

Quote:
of course, it only took a day for devin to explode as hoh!

devin wants brittany to go this week, the rest of the squad aren't convinced it's the best vote. caleb told devin it was personal (against brittany), and devin agreed. then, devin said caleb is being infuenced by his talks with amber...boom! devin goes into freak-out mode.

a little later, when caleb and devin talk alone, and devin says the alliance is over. caleb says fine, then your going home next week. frankie is doing damage control, trying to hold the squad together without exposing them, while the house watches.

july 4th fireworks at the bb house!
NorthAlabama, thank you for the recaps. I appreciate them.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #133
Stylin
Stylish Jane Sixpack

Quote:
devin tearfully confessed his sins, and at the end of the meeting, there was light applause and a few tears (frankie was munching snacks during the speech like he was at the movies ).

then, after the hg broke away to corners to talk, they made their true opinions known - devin is really creeping out most of the house.
What were his sins? What was the mtg about? Why are hg's creeped out by Devin? Lost about what is going on...
S3 250gb LT 10/15/07
Stylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #134
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin View Post
What were his sins? What was the mtg about? Why are hg's creeped out by Devin? Lost about what is going on...
IIRC, he confessed that it was his idea to nominate Donny.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #135
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylin View Post
He's gets very excited and paranoid in conversation. Coming from a man his size is apparently intimidating to people. I think they're cowards and the fear is a form of hysteria.

It's all tied in with the game, of course, and people are using this as an opportunity to realign themselves in the game. But, so far I haven't seen anyone self-aware enough to acknowledge that fact.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #136
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
He's gets very excited and paranoid in conversation. Coming from a man his size is apparently intimidating to people.
most of the intimidation is felt by the ladies, from both devin and caleb. when anyone mentions "going with the house", it means "doing whatever devin and caleb want so we aren't their targets (until we see an opportunity to get them out)".

a couple of other notes from last night's fireworks:
  • caleb was tearful (again?) over the holiday, saying he was sad remembering friends he lost in the service. next, he asked frankie tell the rest of the house how sad he was, so they'd be careful of what they said while he was sad!? clearly a play for sympathy, but frankie does it anyway. a repulsive attempt to manipulate the house with sympathy for caleb.
  • caleb borrowed a shirt from cody, and returned it unwashed. caleb also wore the outfit on the live show that cody said he was wearing (glasses, shirt). when derrick and cody were playing chess (as christine watched), cody made it clear to derrick he was over caleb, and was ready to make his feelings known. derrick wisely calmed him down, saying it was too soon. cody now has a short fuse, ready to explode on caleb.
  • jacosta has a talk with devin, where he denied he was in an alliance with caleb (after frankie had told jacosta the opposite during the fight, while doing damage control trying to hide the squad). devin then admitted he had told caleb about amber's confession of a lack of interest in caleb, and amber denied it to caleb when confronted. he felt caleb and amber's talk in the hammock last night, rehashing these issues, contributed to devin's blow up.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #137
nmiller855

When 2 of the guys were playing chess, one told the other one that Devin told Nicole & Hayden that they were safe because he convinced Paola to throw the battle of the block competition because he really wants Brittany to go home. It looks like if Brittany doesn't win the power of veto, she may be going home.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #138
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

pov players: devin, pow pow, britt, amber, zach, derrick
winner: devin

the plan was devin taking pow pow off the block since he promised her safety if she threw the bob comp (so he would be hoh) - he would put up victoria as a replacement. instead, he's trying to deal with brittany to take her off (breaking his promise to pow pow).

caleb and zach are talking about devin being mad at zach for wanting to keep brittany, and now devin is turning around and trying to deal with brittany, without talking to the rest of the sqaud first. they think hoh has gone to his head (and nobody saw that coming! ).

Old 07-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #139
Cainebj

normally i don't read threads like this cos i only watch the CBS broadcasts

BUT

i coulda sworn at the end of the HoH competition on CBS they said Cody won?
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:05 PM   #140
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

They did say he won, but then right before the commercial break Julie said they had to review the footage because there may have been a foul. When they came back to the house Julie announced that Cody's foot landed on the ground before he hit the buzzer and Devin was named HOH.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #141
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
They did say he won, but then right before the commercial break Julie said they had to review the footage because there may have been a foul. When they came back to the house Julie announced that Cody's foot landed on the ground before he hit the buzzer and Devin was named HOH.
did anyone notice devin walked directly off set towards the house following julie announcing cody as winner? i wonder - was it devin that reported the foul, making himself the winner?

Old 07-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #142
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

I doubt Devin could even see Cody from were he was. And it was a bam-bam finish between the two, so his eyes would have been on the balance beam and the button.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #143
realityboy

So Devin promised to use the veto on PaoPao for throwing BotB. Then promised to use it on Brittany. Victoria was the likely replacement nominee. Now, he's thinking of putting up Zach. Dude's all over the place. At one point, BS was down to 7 members leaving out Devin. Now it seems to be at 5 excluding Zach, Cody, and Derrick.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #144
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
So Devin promised to use the veto on PaoPao for throwing BotB. Then promised to use it on Brittany. Victoria was the likely replacement nominee. Now, he's thinking of putting up Zach. Dude's all over the place. At one point, BS was down to 7 members leaving out Devin. Now it seems to be at 5 excluding Zach, Cody, and Derrick.
you have described the past 12 hours on point and succinctly.

devin has been the architect of this roller coaster, flip-flopping mess, only a brief consultation with a few in his alliance. frankie appears to have thrown zach under the bus, along with derrick, and cody (it could be a rouse).

when's the pov ceremony? this could be an interesting few days!

Old 07-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #145
realityboy

Ceremony is usually on Monday. Also, Devin just keeps on getting better. Now he says that he has a crush on Brittany, lol.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:17 AM   #146
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

looks like team america is donny, frankie, and derrick.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:54 AM   #147
Cainebj

Quote:
thanks for the explanation - i didn't want the lead out at the end after the competition was over.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #148
vertigo235

Quote:
looks like team america is donny, frankie, and derrick.

Do they know each other is on TA?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #149
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post
Do they know each other is on TA?
yes, they met in the back yard and later in the storage room, talking about being picked, the money, forming an alliance, and wondering about the tasks.

they all were thrilled, derrick especially - he was out of character compared to what we've seen until now, excited and talkative.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #150
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Devin keeps getting better and better. Now that he thinks he as squashed his beef with Brittany he realizes he has a crush on her and has let it be known. Awkwardness ensues.