TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > eBay Auction Central > Buyer/Seller Area
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
cmshep222

Help me price my Lifetime Tivo HD (package)

Tivo HD (with Lifetime) + 1TB WD MYDVR EXPANDER + Tivo Glo Remote

All working just fine!

Will be posting on ebay soon. What would you price this at? I'm thinking around $450...too high? too low? Just right?

Note I'm a few weeks out from posting on ebay. Though of course, PM me if interested (saving me the ebay hassle
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
).
cmshep222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
squint

What is the internal drive? The original 160 gb?

$450 is definitely way too optimistic as units without any extras are going for $175-250 shipped at the moment.

Prices took a dive this spring and if they ever rebound it should be in the fall when TV season starts.

I would set a BIN price of $350 with free shipping in the late summer and be prepared to wait a few weeks for it to sell.

I forgot to add that the way eBay calculates shipping and chooses USPS priority as the default is terrible. Choose UPS or FedEx ground as the shipping option as it will be less than half ($22 vs. $46).

Last edited by squint : 07-06-2014 at 01:21 PM.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:07 AM   #3
cmshep222

Really good advice there Squint, much appreciated. Thanks!
cmshep222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:16 AM   #4
Chris Gerhard

Quote:

I forgot to add that the way eBay calculates shipping and chooses USPS priority as the default is terrible. Choose UPS or FedEx ground as the shipping option as it will be less than half ($22 vs. $46).
Also compare USPS Parcel Select to see all lower price possibilities.
Chris Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #5
mr.unnatural

Quote:
Also compare USPS Parcel Select to see all lower price possibilities.
Extremely bad idea. Shipping any electronic devices, especially ones with hard drives, via any form of the USPS is a disaster waiting to happen. I spent two years as a contractor installing mail sorting machines in USPS distribution centers and what I saw will forever keep me from shipping anything fragile with them. Stick with UPS or FedEx. I personally use FedEx Ground/Home Delivery because they're generally faster and cheaper than other ground services and also deliver on Saturdays with no surcharge.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #6
Chris Gerhard

I have shipped a lot of items in the last 20 years, about 500 electronic pieces, VCRs mostly and UPS had a slightly higher damage rate than the others but I have had good luck with all three overall. I consider the stories that UPS and FedEx are better nothing more than urban legend.
Chris Gerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
I have shipped a lot of items in the last 20 years, about 500 electronic pieces, VCRs mostly and UPS had a slightly higher damage rate than the others but I have had good luck with all three overall. I consider the stories that UPS and FedEx are better nothing more than urban legend.
I know a couple friends who work for UPS and can state that UPS ground is a not a safe way to ship any thing delicate. They are brutal to shipments that have special inscructiins such as "electronics", "do not drop" or "this side up". Only safe assured way to ship UPS is 2nd day or next day as those types of shipping involve minimal human handling. NEVER write special descriptions on your UPS shippments, descret is better....

I was surprised by the speed of USPS shipping recently, several things I have shipped that way were delievered much faster than UPS. I used to think UPS was better but that ideal is slowly changing.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote