TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #31
Bigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Gibson View Post
FIOS is in our neighborhood; I watched as they dug up my front lawn. I'll be straight forward. I've heard horror stories about FIOS on many sites. In fairness I've seen horror stories about COX as well. My wife is leery of integrating two disparate companies. At least we know COX; if we went to FIOS we'd be dealing with two unknowns and trying to tie them together.

I think the best approach is to buy the Roamio itself and get it up and running for a while and then go from there after working out the kinks. The box in the bedroom is my wife's domain; the family room is mine.

For COXinPHX, where did you see a 30 day return? I looked at the TIVO site and didn't see that.

Rich
Get FIOS! Run, don't walk to Verizon FIOS. It is THE BEST TV service in the country, hands down, and it works very well with TiVo. And the internet speeds are AMAZING. The PQ is better, since they don't over-compress as many channels (as much, they still heavily compress some channels like cable), and they have a full 860mhz system with no internet, VOD, or phone (since that's all separate through IP or the phone port on the ONT), so they have a lot of bandwidth work with, so they have a TON of HD.

The real question is why didn't you get FIOS the DAY it was available?

I know some Rhode Islanders, where Cox is the incumbent, and almost everywhere has been wired for FIOS. They HATE Cox almost universally, because it doesn't work half the time, they screw stuff up all the time, and their service just generally sucks, and they LOVE FIOS. I do know one person who went to Cox, but she was just looking for the cheapest package possible, and didn't care about how superior FIOS is to Cox in every possible way.

Get FIOS double play, or if you still want an annoying landline phone, triple play.

Good info in the thread for anyone who can't get FIOS and is stuck with Cox, but anyone would can get FIOS would be NUTS to use Cox.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote