TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
flabbergast

Too many devices connected to my stream?

I have a TiVo Premiere and a TiVo Stream. I use the in-home streaming feature on my iPad Mini. Starting yesterday when I try to stream I get a message saying that the maximum amount of devices has been reached.

I only have that one device and my phone, my network is secure, so I think this is a fluke, especially since I rearranged my network recently I think there may be duplicate ip addresses cached in the stream.

I thought I saw somewhere that you can reset the stream so that it starts the count of devices connected to it over, but I can't find that. Any hints?
flabbergast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

In the app, go to settings.... view your stream's 'system information', then 'full system information', in the box that opens up, (you might have to stretch it bigger to see well) there are four buttons on the left side.... the last one is 'clients'.

Hmmm, mine is glitching right now and I cant see it, but there should be a reset button in there.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
flabbergast

See, I thought it was something like that, but I didn't see that button. I didn't check this morning and can't check while I'm at work. Maybe mine was glitching out the same way yesterday.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
flabbergast

So, I got on my iPod touch (which I haven't used in a while.) and the Stream still recognizes that as an attached device. I'm able to stream, browse recordings, etc. on that.

I'm trying to reset the client list now, go to the full system info, I click on Clients, and I get a blank screen with what I originally guessed was a small, thin, white loading bar. It looks like a single underscore. I let it sit there for a few minutes and nothing happens. I've exited the app and re-entered it, still nothing happens.

Do we know why the Stream does this? Maybe if I understood the mechanism by which it holds on to the devices I could do something on my network's side to fix the problem.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #5
TheOtherEric

No answers, eh? I'm having the same exact problem -- my iPad app won't stream because it says "Device Limit Reached" even though I only stream to one device. Nor can I reset the devices; I'm getting the thin white bar on the Clients screen too.

Running Tivo app v3.2.4 and iOS 6.1.2
TheOtherEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #6
TheOtherEric

Still hoping for answers. I'm still finding that every time I open the Tivo app on my iPad (iOS 6.1.2) it increments the number of devices by one. So I can open the Tivo app 12 times, then I'm done for the entire month until it lets me reset it. Strangely, my iPad's IP address does NOT change, so why does it think it's a new device?

Obviously really frustrating.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:09 AM   #7
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherEric View Post
No answers, eh? I'm having the same exact problem -- my iPad app won't stream because it says "Device Limit Reached" even though I only stream to one device. Nor can I reset the devices; I'm getting the thin white bar on the Clients screen too.

Running Tivo app v3.2.4 and iOS 6.1.2
I feel like this has something to do with the iOS and app versions being older. Got anything with iOS7 and app version 3.3?
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:37 PM   #8
JWhites

Hmm I checked my stream running the latest iOS software and app and then checked http://<Stream IP>:49152/sysinfo and discovered that the client or clients show up only when actively streaming a program and goes away when it's not and the dash appears.

Last edited by JWhites : 07-23-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:15 AM   #9
moyekj

FYI, recently I replaced my router and after some time I noticed the number of Stream clients listed with sysinfo/Clients button went from 5/12 to 10/12. So it looks like TiVo just counts clients by their IP # since with new router all clients got new IP #s. So perhaps this issue comes about when using dynamic IP #s that are changing. Pretty stupid if that really is the issue. If anything the clients should be counted by MAC address, not IP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #10
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
FYI, recently I replaced my router and after some time I noticed the number of Stream clients listed with sysinfo/Clients button went from 5/12 to 10/12. So it looks like TiVo just counts clients by their IP # since with new router all clients got new IP #s. So perhaps this issue comes about when using dynamic IP #s that are changing. Pretty stupid if that really is the issue. If anything the clients should be counted by MAC address, not IP.
Hmm weird, I found that if I uninstall then reinstall the app, it pegs another "client" onto the count.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #11
TheOtherEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
I feel like this has something to do with the iOS and app versions being older. Got anything with iOS7 and app version 3.3?
Ding; winner! My problem seems to have been iOS 6. I just updated to iOS 7 and the Tivo app no longer increments my device count by 1 every time I open the app. Nothing else changed, so that was definitely the problem.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #12
JWhites

Ah glad to hear it
Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM   #13
lickwid

Anyone get this working? It appears the page is completely down now. I'll try again when I get home and within my home network.
lickwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM   #14
El Maestro

Is there a way to reset the count or disassociate a device?
El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM   #15
Dan203
Super Moderator

Just reboot the stream, that should take care of it. You can do a soft reboot in the app via the system info screen or you can just pull the plug if you have a standalone unit.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote