TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-22-2014, 05:31 AM   #1
Vicpdx192

MOCA for mini problem!

so I never got this solved but I was setting up my Tivo romio and mini so that they work on the MOCA network but the mini could never get the MOCA network.

Her is how I tried it:

MOCA adapter 1-> router

MOCA adapter 2-> Tivo Romio basic DVR

Tivo mini to wall connection

Both tivos were on the same splitter and were being fed cable signal so whats wrong and why wont the tivo mini connect?
Vicpdx192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:43 AM   #2
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicpdx192 View Post
so I never got this solved but I was setting up my Tivo romio and mini so that they work on the MOCA network but the mini could never get the MOCA network.

Her is how I tried it:

MOCA adapter 1-> router

MOCA adapter 2-> Tivo Romio basic DVR

Tivo mini to wall connection

Both tivos were on the same splitter and were being fed cable signal so whats wrong and why wont the tivo mini connect?
Does your TiVo have a tuning adapter (TA)? If so, see my signature.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:44 AM   #3
Vicpdx192

oh no it does not have a TA just a Moto M card
Old 06-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #4
tarheelblue32

Is the Roamio able to successfully connect to the internet through the Router/MoCA adapter? Is the Mini able to connect to the internet but just not to the Roamio?
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:22 AM   #5
Vicpdx192

so here is what I currently have done. I have the tivo romeo on the 5ghz wireless and the mini through a moca, both on the same router. On the out side I tried to do a 2 way 1ghz splitter with the moca in and connect both the romeo and mini jacks to the one moca adapter connected to my router and i also had 1 other moca adapter(so 2 in total) for my romio basic since no moca capability's, So far the mini connects fine but the romio did not connect via Ethernet and the downstairs adapter did not show the coax light on only power and Ethernet.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #6
ukwildcat4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicpdx192 View Post
so here is what I currently have done. I have the tivo romeo on the 5ghz wireless and the mini through a moca, both on the same router. On the out side I tried to do a 2 way 1ghz splitter with the moca in and connect both the romeo and mini jacks to the one moca adapter connected to my router and i also had 1 other moca adapter(so 2 in total) for my romio basic since no moca capability's, So far the mini connects fine but the romio did not connect via Ethernet and the downstairs adapter did not show the coax light on only power and Ethernet.
I'm not an expert as I'm fairly new to Tivo but I have the same device setup as you described ( a roamio base and a mini)......you say that you have the roamio on the 5ghz wireless? that very well could be your problem.....both your roamio and mini need to be connected via MoCA or via ethernet in other words hardwired and NOT Wireless..... here is how mine is set up: I purchased two action tech MoCA adapters from Tivo; I hooked one up to my cable modem/router(gateway) and the other to my Roamio Base......all I had to do with the mini is just hook the Coax into the MoCA port on the back of it...I'm going to assume that your cable modem/router isn't one that already has MoCA built into it such as a Verizon Fios? Here are some diagrams from Tivo's website that can help

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Also on your mini after you have connected your Coax make sure that you go into network settings and do this:

Highslide JS

Set yours up like those diagrams and it should work.....let us know if you're able to resolve your issue....

Last edited by ukwildcat4life : 06-25-2014 at 06:13 AM.
ukwildcat4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:05 AM   #7
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukwildcat4life View Post
I'm not an expert as I'm fairly new to Tivo but I have the same device setup as you described ( a roamio base and a mini)......you say that you have the roamio on the 5ghz wireless? that very well could be your problem.....both your roamio and mini need to be connected via MoCA or via ethernet in other words hardwired and NOT Wireless..... here is how mine is set up: I purchased two action tech MoCA adapters from Tivo; I hooked one up to my cable modem/router(gateway) and the other to my Roamio Base......all I had to do with the mini is just hook the Coax into the MoCA port on the back of it...I'm going to assume that your cable modem/router isn't one that already has MoCA built into it such as a Verizon Fios? Here are some diagrams from Tivo's website that can help

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Also on your mini after you have connected your Coax that you go into network settings and do this:

Highslide JS

Set yours up like those diagrams and it should work.....let us know if you're able to resolve your issue....
It's nice to see the student taking on the role of teacher.

So many never "pay it forward", once they have their own matter resolved...
Old 06-25-2014, 06:11 AM   #8
ukwildcat4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
It's nice to see the student taking on the role of teacher.

So many never "pay it forward", once they have their own matter resolved...
Thanks bud! I was once in a similar situation a few months ago as the OP and the advice you gave me really helped me out so yep if I'm able to help someone else having issues I'm all for it...BTW my setup is still working rock solid
ukwildcat4life is offline   Reply With Quote