TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Kmttg and VideoRedo error for commercial cuts

I finally broke down and bought VideoRedo suite, I'm trying to use VideoRedo for commercial cuts but I get a profile error in Kmttg after it downloads and trys to start the cuts. Is there a trick in setting this up?

I point Kmttg to the videoredo directory C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoReDoTVSuite

I don't recall the error, I just bought Videoredo and didn't have time when I first tried it.

Anything off the top that I might be missing? As a typical user I didn't write the error down but I'm running a new download and will post it later.

<Edit>

How do you pull up kmttg log to copy paste the error? In the kmttg screen I can see the error but can't copy it to paste it.

Error is something like: adscan failed (exitcode: 0) - check commend c:\windows\system32\csripts.exe /nologo (path to my kmttg directoy\VRDscripts\adscan.vbs (path to the file being scanned) and then the last part is "could not locate automation class name "VideoRedo.VideoReDoSilent"
TiVo Premiere

Last edited by eboydog : 06-18-2014 at 10:41 PM.
eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Ok, I fugured out the log file in kmttg, here's the message:

I have kmttg installed in D:\kmttg_v1p0q

The recording is "D:\kmttgContent\Dark Matters Twisted but True - 21 Grams, Missing Cosmonauts, Sound of Death (06_11_2014).mpg"

D:\kmttg_v1p0q\VRDscripts appears to contain all the VRD VBS files....

Quote:
adscan failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo D:\kmttg_v1p0q\VRDscripts\adscan.vbs "D:\kmttgContent\Dark Matters Twisted but True - 21 Grams, Missing Cosmonauts, Sound of Death (06_11_2014).mpg" "D:\kmttgContent\Dark Matters Twisted but True - 21 Grams, Missing Cosmonauts, Sound of Death (06_11_2014).VPrj" /l:C:\Users\Wes\AppData\Local\Temp\VRDLock6659157533781234285 .tmp
D:\kmttg_v1p0q\VRDscripts\adscan.vbs(31, 4) WScript.CreateObject: Could not locate automation class named "VideoReDo.VideoReDoSilent".

TiVo Premiere

Old 06-19-2014, 12:58 AM   #3
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Unless you've already done this once after your VRD install, right-click your VRD (not kmttg) shortcut and select "Run as administrator".
After VRD starts up, shut it down and try your kmttg run again.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
moyekj

As posted above, you have to run VRD at least once as admin to add it to registry. The Wiki covers this and other VRD related setup:
http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/...configuration/

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #5
lpwcomp

I'm running Win 8.1 and I never could get VRD to run correctly when invoked by kmttg running as a "service". If I want to do auto transfers and use VRD, I have to use "Loop in Gui".

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #6
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I'm running Win 8.1 and I never could get VRD to run correctly when invoked by kmttg running as a "service". If I want to do auto transfers and use VRD, I have to use "Loop in Gui".
Don't know about win 8, but for prior versions you have to set service to run using your account, not default service account. You may also try setting java.exe and/or javaw.exe to run as administrator in file properties.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #7
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Don't know about win 8, but for prior versions you have to set service to run using your account, not default service account. You may also try setting java.exe and/or javaw.exe to run as administrator in file properties.
Did all of that and more and it simply refused to work. Finally just gave up. I don't actually use the auto transfer capability at all most of the time. I use VRD to detect and cut commercials but don't like kmttg forcing the unnecessary decrypt step.

As far as the actual issue goes, based on my reading of similar reported problems, it appears that Win 8 will not let you start a child process in admin mode from a service even if the parent is running as an admin and the child process is set to run as admin.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #8
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Unless you've already done this once after your VRD install, right-click your VRD (not kmttg) shortcut and select "Run as administrator".
After VRD starts up, shut it down and try your kmttg run again.
Thanks! that fixed it!
TiVo Premiere