TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-14-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
2004raptor

Strange Roamio recording habits.

There are 2 shows that my basic is recording multiple episodes of and there is no season pass set. One of the shows has 23 episode and the other ~10 or so. Suggestions are also turned off.

Any ideas on what else's to check?
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
berkshires

Any wish lists match these?
berkshires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:31 AM   #3
2004raptor

I've never set up a wish list on the roamio.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Recording a "Collection" some time in the past is also a possibility.

It'd also possible to be watching a different TV through another TiVo and accidentally set up a Wishlist on the Roamio (if you had been browsing the Roamio's My Shows)
Old 06-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
2004raptor

No idea about the collection but it's not from another TiVo.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Are the shows being listed in advance (before they are recorded) in your ToDo List? If so, what the prefix of the show (one checkmark, two checkmarks, two checks and a star)?
Old 06-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #7
2004raptor

Didn't think of that. I'll check tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #8
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Ever seen an entry (anywhere) where it's a large red circle, with a small blue folder in the bottom right of the circle?

I've been finding that if I manually record enough episodes of something, that my TiVo seems to try to predict that I want future episodes of it.

I spot them in the guide, when I look into the future. I haven't had any difficulty cancelling them. But, I find it highly annoying. I never asked for my TiVo to do this on my behalf.

I'd NEVER manually schedule said program(s) a week ahead. I've verified I didn't somehow accidentally schedule a SP. I don't use WLs or ARWLs, have suggestions turned off, and always remove the thumb-up TiVo gives anything just because I chose to record it (I clear thumbs, and try to keep them clear).

As far as the OP's matter, the "collections" recordings are my best guess as to how such a thing may happen. I just wanted to throw this oddity out there, and see if anybody's seen that icon anywhere, and knows what it is supposed to represent.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to be a large red circle, like which indicates a recording in progress, since it's in the future, not now.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #9
2004raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
Are the shows being listed in advance (before they are recorded) in your ToDo List? If so, what the prefix of the show (one checkmark, two checkmarks, two checks and a star)?
Just checked this. I'm up to 25 episodes btw. There was one blue check mark next to an upcoming episode. I cancelled it in hopes it would ask about canceling future episodes. It didn't.

Still not sure what a collection is??
Old 06-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #10
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Just checked this. I'm up to 25 episodes btw. There was one blue check mark next to an upcoming episode. I cancelled it in hopes it would ask about canceling future episodes. It didn't.

TiVo Central>Find Tv, Movies, & Videos>Browse TV & Movies>Collections> (select a collection)>Record this collection.

If you accidentally do this, it may record things you want now, but start recording things in the collection in the future, which you don't want. The collections might dynamically update, and may add/remove things from the collection. But, since I don't use this option, I don't know if it dynamically updates what is in the collection, or if it remains static.

Perhaps a user of collections can enlighten us.

It's not the source of my mystery future scheduled recordings with the large red circle with the small blue folder (as they display in the TiVo Live Guide, for me). They just have a single blue check mark in the ToDo list, or if exploring the program and viewing future instances of it (for me).

TiVo has some weird sh*t going on with their servers, TSN mappings, and user accounts. Corruption of any of these can cause plenty of weirdness, or many varieties, manifesting in many ways.

[GLOOM & DOOM]TiVo doesn't give a sh*t about us retail folk anymore. They want their MSO contracts, and it would be bad if retail Roamios operated better and/or more reliably than the boxes the MSO partners lease.

We're all just "legacy" leeches on TiVo's mind/middlemind/service teats.

I just hope we get enough time to make lifetime pay for itself, before TiVo gets bought, and retail is just "baggage" that comes with the package deal.

Even TiVoMargret seems to be too busy with things other than us retail folk, and I doubt we'll hear much more than announcements of the "Summer Update", likely to become a lackluster "Fall Update", possibly intentionally, to make us forget the big things to come that we heard about, so we'll just be happy if issues get fixed, and maybe the android people will finally get a lackluster official android support...

Yeah, I'm losing faith in TiVo, as a company for retail users... Tivo finally made a good piece of hardware, then gets rid of the hardware design staff, so they can focus on being a cloud for future MSO ventures...

The whole world is going to hell. Just turn on CNN if you don't know about it. Why should I expect TiVo not be be one of the next disasters.

All I want is what is broken, to be fixed, and three years to break-even on lifetime service. But, I have a feeling the retail channel will become the test-bed for TiVo to perfect their MSO offerings.[/GLOOM & DOOM]

[SATIRE]Oops, went off on a bit of a tangent there. Oh well, I typed it, might as well post it and give the fanboys something to attack.[/SATIRE]
Old 06-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #11
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post

One single check mark means it is almost certainly a collection.

Collection recordings show up in the "ToDo List" as being manually requested (single blue check). The Collection itself should appear in your "Season Pass Manager" and for some reason is marked with two checks and a star.
My test example just now was the Collection "IFC recommends" which records series like "Malcolm in the Middle" and others.