TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
kdmorse

Roamio Remote Battery Door!

This would be the 9'th tivo I have purchased and set up, and the first one that is defeating me.

How the hell do you open the battery compartment on the remote (default that comes with a Roamio Pro)?

The cover doesn't obviously slide one way or another. There's kinda a lip on one side you can press or pull, but I don't want to do either with too much force. And without knowing which way it goes, I don't know if I'm not pushing hard enough, or if there's a hidden latch, or.... I can't find anything in the materials that ship with it (a simple picture would help so much), or see it in any of the various unboxing videos I've skimmed.

I'm feeling so stupid right now...

Help?

kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
poppagene
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmorse View Post
How the hell do you open the battery compartment on the remote (default that comes with a Roamio Pro)?

There's kinda a lip on one side you can press or pull, but I don't want to do either with too much force.
pull
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #3
kdmorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppagene View Post
pull
Ahh, it peels open like a banana! Thanks!

(Already have guided setup running using a different remote - now I can switch to the right one)
kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
moonscape

Ha! Now I don't feel so stupid for wrestling with it when it first arrived. At least you have more courage for asking the question. Me - I just paced around stupidly doing battle until it finally popped open!
moonscape is offline   Reply With Quote