TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 4.94 average.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #1141
jadziedzic

Another thumbs-up for spherular's TiVo discount codes on eBay: I purchased a Roamio Pro and two Minis and saved a chunk of money using a discount code. The equipment arrived yesterday from TiVo, already pre-activated, and everything works just like the equipment I purchased at full price.
jadziedzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #1142
celtic pride

I just received an email from tivo for a $200.00 off the purchase of a roamio pro,for a total cost of $899.00 with lifetime. shouldnt it be $799.00 with lifetime if i already have 2 tivo premieres or is the ebay discount cheaper? ( I will go check the ebay codes.Ifi decide to order from tivo shouldnt i also get the $100.00 off lifetime since i already have tivo service? I t makes it sound like i;m getting $100.00 off the pro and $100.off lifteime
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #1143
spherular

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
I just received an email from tivo for a $200.00 off the purchase of a roamio pro,for a total cost of $899.00 with lifetime. shouldnt it be $799.00 with lifetime if i already have 2 tivo premieres or is the ebay discount cheaper? ( I will go check the ebay codes.Ifi decide to order from tivo shouldnt i also get the $100.00 off lifetime since i already have tivo service? I t makes it sound like i;m getting $100.00 off the pro and $100.off lifteime
$899 for the Roamio Pro with Lifetime is an all in one price offered by tivo to existing customers. Their standard offer is $599.99 for the Pro Unit and $499.99 for lifetime, so you are getting a $200 saving versus a new customer or $100 as an existing customer (as you only pay $399.99 for lifetime on additional units).

The code allows you to get a Roamio Pro with lifetime for $699.99, so it's $200 cheaper than the price you have been offered. There may also be sales tax savings too. The cost of the code is your only other consideration.
spherular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #1144
celtic pride

O.K i get it now thanks spherular! i have to wait and check with the wife ,IF its cool with her i'll be looking for the code on ebay. my contracts up with verizon and i coulldnt make up my min if i should go with directv or verizons new vms or tivo,but now i'm pretty sure i''ll stay with verizon if i can get them to give me a decent deal to renew ! And i think the vms is like at least $22.00 more a month to rent.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #1145
spherular

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
O.K i get it now thanks spherular! i have to wait and check with the wife ,IF its cool with her i'll be looking for the code on ebay. my contracts up with verizon and i coulldnt make up my min if i should go with directv or verizons new vms or tivo,but now i'm pretty sure i''ll stay with verizon if i can get them to give me a decent deal to renew ! And i think the vms is like at least $22.00 more a month to rent.
I priced it up myself and they wanted $22/mo plus $8 per outlet whereas the cablecard is $4.99 - so its $25/mo saving by going the cablecard route for one box, then more if you want more than one tv hooked up.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions

spherular <at> gmail <dot> com
spherular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #1146
caddyroger

How does the code?
Old 06-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #1147
caddyroger

Talk about being fast less the 5 minutes after I paid I got the code.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:32 AM   #1148
caddyroger

Well I bit the bullet and bought a Roamio Pro and the code worked.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:17 AM   #1149
dhoward

Does this code have an expiration date? I do not have the free cash to buy a Roamio just yet but would consider buying a code if I knew how long it was good for.
dhoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #1150
seattlewendell

I don't mean to be an ungrateful schlub but...
Where do these codes come from? Is this legit? Is Tivo going to hose me down the road because I used some code that was for employees only or something?
seattlewendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #1151
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlewendell View Post
I don't mean to be an ungrateful schlub but...
Where do these codes come from? Is this legit? Is Tivo going to hose me down the road because I used some code that was for employees only or something?
These codes are legit. It has been discussed in detail many times before on this board (and I think in this very thread). TiVo gives these codes out to people who work for retailers that sell TiVos to try to encourage the salespeople to actually use the TiVos that they are trying to sell. Apparently TiVo hands out a ton of them and some retailer employees just turn around and sell surplus codes on ebay.

This is the TiVo website associated with this code program:

http://sellmoretivo.com/
tarheelblue32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #1152
DaJoos

Roamio Plus on sale at Amazon

Down to $324 - picked up an early Father's Day present!
DaJoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #1153
linetest

Quote:
Originally Posted by spherular View Post
$899 for the Roamio Pro with Lifetime is an all in one price offered by tivo to existing customers. Their standard offer is $599.99 for the Pro Unit and $499.99 for lifetime, so you are getting a $200 saving versus a new customer or $100 as an existing customer (as you only pay $399.99 for lifetime on additional units).

The code allows you to get a Roamio Pro with lifetime for $699.99, so it's $200 cheaper than the price you have been offered. There may also be sales tax savings too. The cost of the code is your only other consideration.
Wow. Went this route with the code. A little less than $300 off what they have advertised with the MSD discount. Roamio Pro is now on the way.
Thanks spherular.
linetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #1154
ohmark

Here are the terms and conditions of the Tivo coupon offer, which appears to be the coupon codes sold on E-Bay: http://sellmoretivo.com/register

Last edited by ohmark : 06-10-2014 at 04:38 PM.
ohmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #1155
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmark View Post
Here are the terms and conditions of the Tivo coupon offer, which appears to be the coupon codes sold on E-Bay: http://sellmoretivo.com/register
TiVo wording is inconsistent with the purchase of Lifetime service, they (TiVo) don't even talk about Lifetime service in the T&C.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #1156
ohmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
TiVo wording is inconsistent with the purchase of Lifetime service, they (TiVo) don't even talk about Lifetime service in the T&C.
T&C says "one-time service payment option," which, I assume, means lifetime.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #1157
lessd

Quote:
T&C says "one-time service payment option," which, I assume, means lifetime.
Your correct BUT if you leave the employment you suppose to have a loss on the good monthly deal, TiVo does not say what happens to the Lifetime deals under this program, seems like TiVo should cover the Lifetime part if you no longer work for the Co. that gave you the purchase codes. I am also assuming that the "one-time service payment option," is another way to say Lifetime, for all the people using these codes and don't have the employment to get these codes, I hope, for their sake, that true.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #1158
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

It's lifetime according to my Roamio and Minis after I used a code. Don't overthink this.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:14 AM   #1159
gfinch

Anyone tried the "http://sellmoretivo.com/register" link to obtain the coupon code?
gfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #1160
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfinch View Post
Anyone tried the "http://sellmoretivo.com/register" link to obtain the coupon code?
If you are not eligible what store number and employee number would you use??

Old 06-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #1161
dhoward

My question is still is there any expiration on these codes? If I purchase now, from EBay, and use it in a month is it still good? Or is there a time limit on when it can be used after purchase?
Old 06-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #1162
Diana Collins

It would appear, based on the TiVo fine print, that there is no hard expiration date, but the program "maybe cancelled at any time" so I wouldn't sit on the codes too long.

Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006
Diana Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:55 AM   #1163
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoward View Post
My question is still is there any expiration on these codes? If I purchase now, from EBay, and use it in a month is it still good? Or is there a time limit on when it can be used after purchase?
The code I received and used, was valid for 90 days, from the date it was generated. YMMV

You should always ask what the expiration date is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #1164
dhoward

Thank you.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:33 AM   #1165
ohmark

Wonder why Tivo phone sales reps won't match Amazon prices? Interested in buying Roamio Plus and 3 Minis and preferred to get them direct from Tivo. Called Tivo and while they would offer the current Tivo offer ($50 off the Roamio Plus), they refused to match the current Amazon prices. Why is this in Tivo's interests? And why do Tivo's phone reps seem much less interested in making deals or matching prices (or having much less authority to do such) than they did a few years ago when I purchased a Premiere a few years ago? Does this depend on whom I talk to or maybe when I call?
Old 06-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #1166
lpwcomp

Quote:
Wonder why Tivo phone sales reps won't match Amazon prices? Interested in buying Roamio Plus and 3 Minis and preferred to get them direct from Tivo. Called Tivo and while they would offer the current Tivo offer ($50 off the Roamio Plus), they refused to match the current Amazon prices. Why is this in Tivo's interests? And why do Tivo's phone reps seem much less interested in making deals or matching prices (or having much less authority to do such) than they did a few years ago when I purchased a Premiere a few years ago? Does this depend on whom I talk to or maybe when I call?
Exactly what is TiVo's incentive to price match 3rd party sellers?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:16 AM   #1167
ohmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Exactly what is TiVo's incentive to price match 3rd party sellers?
More importantly to me, what incentive is there for me, a loyal Tivo customer for years, to purchase directly from Tivo when I can purchase from a reliable retailer like Amazon at 15-20% cheaper?

But, as to your question, Tivo is the manufacturer. The direct incentive is that the profit margin is higher on units they directly sell to consumers than they wholesale to retailers. And, if they are being consistently undersold by major retailers, they clearly will lose retail sales.

And second, the incentive is exactly the same as it is for the 90+% of mass retailers which do offer price matching. Third, it's one thing to refuse to price match some shady newly created site, or some tiny or specialized retailer. But Amazon, which doesn't even charge tax in many states?

Finally, I'm still curious, why the apparent change in the willingness or ability of Tivo telephone reps to offer incentives to close the deal? Have I just talked to the wrong reps or have the policies just changed?

Please understand, I'm not angry with Tivo over this, because they have the right to set whatever sales policies they want (even if they're, at least arguably, counterproductive) just as I can purchase the units wherever I choose.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:10 AM   #1168
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
I'd be shocked at any manufacturer like TiVo matching Amazon prices. It is very strongly in TiVos interest to not do it. No retailer would ever take delivery of TiVos to sell if they knew the manufacturer would undercut them. I'm sure Best Buy and others have contracts with TiVo that say TiVo will not undercut them.

All of TiVo's big deals in the past have been on either refurbished models, or a discount off of service (or are also available through retail channels, like most of the $50 off deals).

What manufacturers of items like TiVos have you ever seen compete on price with Amazon?
Old 06-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #1169
ohmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
What manufacturers of items like TiVos have you ever seen compete on price with Amazon?
Sony.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #1170
ohmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
I'd be shocked at any manufacturer like TiVo matching Amazon prices. It is very strongly in TiVos interest to not do it. No retailer would ever take delivery of TiVos to sell if they knew the manufacturer would undercut them. I'm sure Best Buy and others have contracts with TiVo that say TiVo will not undercut them.
That's why you match prices. The manufacturer doesn't offer or publish a lower price. But they sure can match a lower price offered by a retailer.