TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 4.81 average.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #271
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
Indeed. One of TiVo's biggest blunders ever was introducing a Discovery Bar that relied on an internet connection for refreshed ad content. And with a intermittent or broken internet connection, the DVR's entire UI was slow and/or non-functional. WTF were they thinking? Usually when people's internet goes down at home, the first distraction they turn to is the TV.
I go for recorded content. Either from my servers or my TiVos. The TiVos had no problem with recorded content with the internet connection down.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #272
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
There was a time I recall that if the internet was down, I couldn't navigate the TiVo UI on my Premiere at all -- I couldn't even initiate playback of recorded content. The issue was discussed here.

I've a feeling it's been fixed by now. It'd have to be, otherwise TiVo would be an even bigger laughingstock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #273
b_scott
TiVo Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
And even with QCC (SPSPS) set which I use, the "keep or delete" prompt is affected by a second or two populating some stupid commercial as part of the dialog before it becomes functional, which I hardly consider unobtrusive.
yes, this is the most intrusive of anything. My mother actually thought her remote was breaking before I realized what was going on.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #274
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
yes, this is the most intrusive of anything. My mother actually thought her remote was breaking before I realized what was going on.
Yes I'm affected all the time by this. It used to be a quick succession of button presses to delete show after you are done watching. Now, half the time I go through the usual muscle memory sequence my button presses are ignored until the dialog becomes functional and responsive to button presses.

I should try and re-train myself to use following sequence to delete a show I just finished watching instead to avoid the above issue completely (and as a bonus skip the annoying commercial):
Pause, Left, Clear

Using Pause before Left prevents the "keep or delete" dialog from showing up at all.

Since above sequence uses Pause and I have SPSPS enabled I still get a brief instant of a Pause ad, so it's not perfect, but better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote