TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
TheBirdMan

Multiple OnDemand streams on Roamio & Mini on Comcast?

I have 1 Roamio Pro and 4 Mini's. I'm on Comcast in Chicago. All 6 tuners are working fine. I have the OnDemand app on all boxes. I can access OnDemand on all boxes. However when I try to watch OnDemand on 2 boxes at the same time the first box will freeze. Second box will play then visa verca. On the TiVo site it states. Does anyone have this feature working and if so can you give me some guidance.

Multiple XFINITY On Demand streams
TiVo customers with XFINITY On Demand can use the TiVo Whole Home Solution to send multiple XFINITY On Demand streams to different TiVo devices within the home, including:

TiVo Mini
Other TiVo DVRS in the house
If you reach the maximum number of streams for your situation, you will receive an error message.
TheBirdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
midas
I heard that

I saw in your other thread that you just got your Tivo. I believe the ability to have multiple on demand streams going at the same time was added with the most recent software update. It's possible that you need to wait until your boxes are updated.
midas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
TheBirdMan

I've had them for about a week. They updated when I plugged them in. My mini is in version 20.4.1-01-6-A92. My Roamio is on version 20.4.1-USA-6-840. Is this the most recent?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
TheBirdMan

I just received an email back from Tivo tech support. They stated that I should be able to stream multiple OnDemand streams at the same time. I'm going to try and reach out to comcast but we all know that's a shot in the dark. If anyone has this feature working can you please let me know. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #5
GumboChief

I just tried it. Worked fine for me. Two different episodes of Game of Thrones season 1. Roamio Pro and a Tivo mini. Comcast Chicago, near Wrigley Field.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #6
TheBirdMan

Thanks for the info. Now I know at least that someone has it working. Now I have to find out why mine doesn't. If you don't mind I have a few questions to ask you.

1. Do you have the same software versions as me. My mini is in version 20.4.1-01-6-A92. My Roamio is on version 20.4.1-USA-6-840

2. Do you know if there is some extra billing code on your comcast account. I have the tivo premiere code on mine.

3. Do you have any other comcast boxes. Reason I ask is because I do and comcast is charging me 11.50 for an additional cable card outlet. I do have other comcast boxes other then my Tivos.

4. Can you tell me if you have the same cablexard firmware. In the cablecard status screen. It shows 2 firmware. Mine shows 3.31 and 6.25. Thanks and sorry for all the question.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:07 AM   #7
DigitalDawn

Try rebooting your TiVo, and all Minis.
DigitalDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:22 AM   #8
TheBirdMan

I forced a connection to tivo on all boxes and restarted them. Still same problem. Any other suggestions?
Old 06-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #9
TheBirdMan

Spent 2 hours and still no luck. I think the reason it's not working is because they have my account coded as a tivo and not a tivo premiere. Waiting for national tech support to call me.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #10
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdMan View Post
Spent 2 hours and still no luck. I think the reason it's not working is because they have my account coded as a tivo and not a tivo premiere. Waiting for national tech support to call me.
You'll probably have better luck with Comcast's online chat. Seriously, try it.

If you don't have the TiVo Premiere code, I would think you wouldn't be able to get Xfinity on Demand at all. Perhaps your local system doesn't support multiple streams.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #11
GumboChief

Sorry, I wrote my reply as I was going to bed, and forgot about the thread.

1. Do you have the same software versions as me. My mini is in version 20.4.1-01-6-A92. My Roamio is on version 20.4.1-USA-6-840
A: Roamio Pro on 20.4.1-USA-6-848. Not in the same room as Mini, presently.

2. Do you know if there is some extra billing code on your comcast account. I have the tivo premiere code on mine.
A: When I was working on getting this going, I called in and asked that the premiere billing code be added to my account. I don't know how to verify this, though.

3. Do you have any other comcast boxes. Reason I ask is because I do and comcast is charging me 11.50 for an additional cable card outlet. I do have other comcast boxes other then my Tivos.
A: Ugh. Yes I do. I have a Moto DCH3416 and a dumb HD box as well, which I've failed to return for six months now.

4. Can you tell me if you have the same cablexard firmware. In the cablecard status screen. It shows 2 firmware. Mine shows 3.31 and 6.25. Thanks and sorry for all the question.[/quote]
A: 03.31, 06.25