TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-31-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
Humble

Loss of Audio on Single Channel

I have had a Tivo Plus for one week. I have lost the sound from the SyFy HD Channel and no others. I have video. I have Frontier Fios and use a Sony htct660 sound bar. I have never had this occur until I hooked up the Tivo Plus.

I get SyFy HD on my Tivo HD and on my Frontier STB. I have gone through all the normal channels with Tivo and Frontier. Signal is good at 95% and S/N ratio is 37. I have checked all cable connection, reset the Tivo and had it reactivated, and everything else is great. I use DD for sound and tried PCM just to see if that would work but no luck. I use Toslink for my audio connection and I have tried HDMI. I have my video set at 1080P60 and it works very well.

Has anyone else had this problem where just a single channel doesn't work? It does work with SyFy SD.

Any ideas?
Humble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Humble

Frontier Fios found a stray Audio PID on that channel that had not been groomed out and they think the Tivo was locking onto it as the "Primary" audio. They fixed it and all is good!
Humble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

This sounds exactly like a problem I'm having with Disney HD on Cablevision. I'll hsve to give them a call and hope I get a knowledgable technician.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirks View Post
This sounds exactly like a problem I'm having with Disney HD on Cablevision. I'll hsve to give them a call and hope I get a knowledgable technician.
I am having this same problem (same channel, same system). Just chatted with TiVo support and they recommended returning the TiVo Premiere XL4. That seems too drastic, I'll call cablevision first.

Last edited by NJ_HB : 01-01-2014 at 11:59 AM.
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

No luck with Cablevision, Low level tech did not even know about TiVo and could not help. He claims no one else had complained about that channel and they were understaffed for the holidays so they would call me back in 48 hours. I'll wait by the phone. Can't wait until Fios shows up here.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
Smirks

A cablevision tech was out for almost 2 hours today and the issue remains unresolved. They changed the CableCARD, spoke to a bunch of people and no one could figure it out. Ultimately they decided to say it was a problem with the Tivo, which I find hard to believe since the audio on all my other channels works fine.

Not sure where to go from here. Guess I'll ping Margret again.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #7
tatergator1

On the offending channel, hit the "info" button on the remote. Arrow down to the Dolby icon. Is there a second audio track to select? If so, select the alternate audio and see if that solves the problem.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #8
Smirks

Tried that several months ago when I first reported the issue to Tivo. No difference. Same goes for the new card installed today.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #9
Smirks

Just a quick update: I checked both Disney and Disney HD today and the audio is working now on both channels. So either Tivo or Cablevision were able to find and resolve the problem.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #10
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirks View Post
Just a quick update: I checked both Disney and Disney HD today and the audio is working now on both channels. So either Tivo or Cablevision were able to find and resolve the problem.
Yup, mine too. Somebody fixed it.